Author Topic: Have you ever seen anyone injure themselves in the gym?  (Read 7421 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Have you ever seen anyone injure themselves in the gym?
« on: February 14, 2008, 12:01:35 PM »
if so what did they do  :)
Z

Gym dude

• Getbig III
Re: Have you ever seen anyone injure themselves in the gym?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »
I have seen a person having a heart attack at the gym that I work at which was very distressful when it happend.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »
Older guy in my gym was doing the flex hamtractor really fast at the weight sstck came up and out of the guide hole...he then used his hand to guide it back in the hole forgetting there was 200 pounds of stack above his hand. Never seen fingers that pointed in that many directions at once. Tried to sue my insurance but my insurance company didnt cover stupid.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »
I have seen a person having a heart attack at the gym that I work at which was very distressful when it happend.

his passing must have raised your cortisol levels and ruined your day.

did you sue?
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »

Seen a guy die at the gym once.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »
no, gym injuries are a myth. It's all mental.
$

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:24:37 PM »
Not really an injury but...

at my gym there was this pretty small guy (height and mass-wise) and my training partner and me were picking on him all the time.
He always used to look how we were training and try to mimick the workouts.

After we were doing dumbbell pullovers he took a dumbbell, SAT on the bench, put the dumbbell above his head and leaned backwards. He almost flipped over completely, hurting his head and his shoulders for sure. He then made a few hardcore comments while we were laughing our asses off, then after a few minutes he was gone...

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 12:25:40 PM »
No I didnt sue the guy who had a heart attack.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
Seen a guy die at the gym once.

Every now and then, someone really does train to failure.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »
A long time ago I saw this guy doing a shoulder press with 45lb dumbbells and he dropped one on his foot, lost his balance, and fell backwards into another machine, proceeding to knock it over onto someone else...lol
Just another day...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

lol

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »
Saw a girl running on the treadmill slip and fall.  Poblem was, there was a wall directly behind the treadmill, so when it shot her off, she had nowhere to go.  She just kind of laid there for a minute, feet butting the wall, with the belt of the treadmill sanding the front of her body.

She finally got up and she was skinned and bloody on her face, shoulder and knees.  Her boobs took some abuse as well!

Ordinarily, I would have felt sympathy, but she was a bitch, so we (the staff) had a good laugh.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »

It was a fucked up seen. I told the story on this thread:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=147329.525

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
  • The more you put in, the Harder it is to Quit
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »

I was at John Terrilli's gym in Newtown Australia! This guy walks in and you can see he is all pumped for a big workout. He does some light warms ups and then turns around and cracks his head againt the shoulder press supports and blood is pissing every where! Needless to say he didn't finish that workout. That was the first and last time I ever seen him at Terrilli's gym.

Another one at City Gym in Australia. Not really an accident but funny. This young good looking cat that is a real ladies man is doing smith machine incline chest presses and as he reaches his last rep and all of a sudden his girlfriend appears and start pushes down on the bar on his upper chect and neck area and starts beating him in the head his her free hand. She must have waked the poor buggar 20 times. SHe was screaming you don't cheat on me you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then left. I walked over and helped him get the bar of chest. He was a real cool about the whole thing although a little embarrased. He even did a couple more sets on the smith mahcine
Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »

Yeah, seen a kid pop off half o his ring finger with a dumbell against a 25lb plate.  I saw blood spirts and almost fainted. LOL

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 12:44:37 PM »
I was at John Terrilli's gym in Newtown Australia! This guy walks in and you can see he is all pumped for a big workout. He does some light warms ups and then turns around and cracks his head againt the shoulder press supports and blood is pissing every where! Needless to say he didn't finish that workout. That was the first and last time I ever seen him at Terrilli's gym.

Another one at City Gym in Australia. Not really an accident but funny. This young good looking cat that is a real ladies man is doing smith machine incline chest presses and as he reaches his last rep and all of a sudden his girlfriend appears and start pushes down on the bar on his upper chect and neck area and starts beating him in the head his her free hand. She must have waked the poor buggar 20 times. SHe was screaming you don't cheat on me you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then left. I walked over and helped him get the bar of chest. He was a real cool about the whole thing although a little embarrased. He even did a couple more sets on the smith mahcine
Guy

www.fitnetusa.com

lol, now that's dedication!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 12:47:03 PM »
saw a dude try to barbell incline 3 plates on one side of the bar and 2 on the other, took it off and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM M, plates everywhere and the bar flipped over and landed on the floor, dumbass was in outer space when he loaded the bar and didn't realize it, lucky he wasn't hurt.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 12:49:50 PM »
I did see a very close call once. An obvious novice lifter was setting up to do front squats, he had 45's on each side, when I was watching this I was even thinking man this is a train wreck waiting to happen, when he takes the bar off, he immediately gets off balance and one after the other the plates go sliding off. One of the plates hit a guys shoe, but some how missed his foot. My gym closed and now I work out in a College rec center, so I see alot of stuff like that.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
saw a dude try to barbell incline 3 plates on one side of the bar and 2 on the other, took it off and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM M, plates everywhere and the bar flipped over and landed on the floor, dumbass was in outer space when he loaded the bar and didn't realize it, lucky he wasn't hurt.

You get an F.

The topic is about injuries.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »
One time a guy was doing pulldowns and forgot to put the pin in.he gave a mighty pull and cracked himself right in the forehead.he was a bloody mess after that.

seen a dude have his heart rate race up and he was taken away in an ambulance.

seen a guy get light headed and fall down.one of the trainers in my gym asked if I would help walk the guy to the front of the gym so he could sit down.
...it turned out ok for me because the guys wallet was hanging outta his back pocket ;)

;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
You get an F.

The topic is about injuries.
you gonna post your picture, fagggot? ;D

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »
Some dude at my gym dropped a heavy dumbbell on his skull during overhead extensions, his skull cracked open, blood pissed everywhere, he died.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »
One time a guy was doing pulldowns and forgot to put the pin in.he gave a mighty pull and cracked himself right in the forehead.he was a bloody mess after that.

seen a dude have his heart rate race up and he was taken away in an ambulance.

seen a guy get light headed and fall down.one of the trainers in my gym asked if I would help walk the guy to the front of the gym so he could sit down.
...it turned out ok for me because the guys wallet was hanging outta his back pocket ;)

;D

That was fuckin funny  LOL

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 12:58:33 PM »
you gonna post your picture, fagggot? ;D

the f..ot really hurt me...  :'( :'( :'(

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »
When I lived in NY, there was this Rico Sauve mexican guy who would come to the gym in board shorts and sandals. He had his hair slicked back like Antonio Banderas and would leer at the women in the gym. Pretty much a douchebag.

He was doing bent one arm rows with one leg on the bench, one leg perched backwards and outwards on the floor to balance. My training partner at that time was Dave Visher, a second string linebacker who played for the Jets. He was 6'2" and well over 300 lbs and was doing incline presses with 140's and at the end of his set sent them flying forward and a bit to his sides.

Unfortunately for Rico Suave, his sandaled foot was directly in the path of the dumbell flying out of Dave's left hand. I even yelled out "Oh Shit!" but there wasn't enough time and Suave's foot was made into puree. That shit would have hurt wearing Doc Martens, I can only imagine how it felt with sandals.

My wife laughed and had to go to the locker room to compose herself. She hated all the mexicans who would just stand there and openly stare at the women with creepy blank looks on thier faces.