Author Topic: Bodybuilding in congress in mid 2008 ?  (Read 2174 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bodybuilding in congress in mid 2008 ?
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:34:08 PM »
If professional bodybuilding goes under investigation (likely to happen like it did with MLB) how many hearings do you think will it take before  the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform comes to the conclusion that the IFBB should be Severely fined or Eliminated for good?

I'll say a 15 mins hearing  (just one mini-hearing)

WOOOSSSSHHHHH

Dragon

• Getbig III
Re: Bodybuilding in congress in mid 2008 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:53:14 PM »
If professional bodybuilding goes under investigation (likely to happen like it did with MLB) how many hearings do you think will it take before  the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform comes to the conclusion that the IFBB should be Severely fined or Eliminated for good?

I'll say a 15 mins hearing  (just one mini-hearing)

WOOOSSSSHHHHH

10mins plus cofee break
LOCAL GYM HERO

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:05:44 PM »
Isnt gonna happen.  They wont waste time on a small subculture.  The election will be heating up this summer and the news will be more focused on that

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 06:40:48 AM »
One thing is sure,

It'll be funny as hell to see jay Gutler Testifying under oath:

"I eat 7 meals, take creatine,glutamine,Nitrotech ,workout 2 hours a day plus cardio.......and that's about it"

LOL.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 06:43:25 AM »
Mr. Bob Chick before congress:

-"You can't turn a chihuahua in to a pitbull just by using steroids your honor .....not that i use any, i just wanted to point that out"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:48:12 AM »
It would be hilarious.  They'd have to choose a ragtag collection of bodybuilders too.  You wouldn't see a quiet and dignified lee haney and Mark Dugdale being asked their opinions.  No, you'd have king kamali and shawn ray insulting each other in front of the cameras.  You'd have Titus driven in from LV to talk about how drugs were to blame for that jaguar misunderstanding.  You'd have Kai Greene delivering a monologue on the merits of gh use while dressed as the Cowardly Lion and reeking of fresh produce.  It'd be a nice little circus to watch.

Of course, MLB on trial is nothing more than a warning to the NFL network to play ball with the cable companies (from shareholder and senator Arlen Spector of course) or they'll investigate the cheating Pats in 08.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 07:05:12 AM »
Mr. Dave Palumbo:

I did use GH at some point in my bb career your honor....but it was fake so i guess im not guilty"

LOL

thisiskeith12

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 07:06:46 AM »
or they'll investigate the cheating Pats in 08.

I'm sure they already are doing that....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 07:26:12 AM »
Think about all the real problems we have in our country, and what is congress spending its time on?  Steroids in baseball, and cheating in football.  ::)

Congress is a bunch of useless douchebags who should all be fired for dereliction of duty and stupidity.  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 07:45:42 AM »
Think about all the real problems we have in our country, and what is congress spending its time on?  Steroids in baseball, and cheating in football.  ::)

Congress is a bunch of useless douchebags who should all be fired for dereliction of duty and stupidity.  >:(

I couldn't agree with you anymore. On a side note did anyone see Christopher Shays, congressman from CT, up there? He was almost saying something along these lines.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 07:48:11 AM »
Kai Green would testify before congress.

Some guido's father would heckle him outside capitolhill screaming "YOU MADE MY KID JUICE!!"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 07:49:43 AM »
I'm sure they already are doing that....

Sen. Specter went on ESPN last week to announce he's considering looking into the Pats' activities in the Super bowl (02?) when they beat the Rams.  Turns out, they owned the Rams on every play they ran in the practice which was taped.  But when the Rams ran plays not covered there, the pats were beat on every down.  And, the NFL destroyed the tapes.  To cover their asses and let the story die?  Or to "prevent the tapes from helping other teams cheat", which was the official line... odd... no teams are going to break into a safe in NFL HQ for Rams play info that's 6 years old.  But it sure would be daming in an investigation on teh Pats...

Watch the NFL Network suddenly agree to go to cable at a great price.
Then watch Specter's investigation never materialize.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 09:43:12 AM »
Nasser :

Yes, The fanny pack is mine sir, but i have no idea about synthol or any anabolics inside of it"

LOL

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »
the IFBB is a privately held Canadian corporation.  what jurisdiction would the US Congress have?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 09:55:02 AM »
the IFBB is a privately held Canadian corporation.  what jurisdiction would the US Congress have?

Yes like you always go to Canada each year for the Arnold Classic and the Mr.O

thisiskeith12

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »
If Specter never investigates, the media will. The New England media already hates Belicheck. With reports surfacing about the tapes, his mistress he bought a house for, and other rumors, just wait a month or 2. I talked to a buddy of mine who covers the Pats and he said he's gotten tons of inquiries about these reports and more.

Sen. Specter went on ESPN last week to announce he's considering looking into the Pats' activities in the Super bowl (02?) when they beat the Rams.  Turns out, they owned the Rams on every play they ran in the practice which was taped.  But when the Rams ran plays not covered there, the pats were beat on every down.  And, the NFL destroyed the tapes.  To cover their asses and let the story die?  Or to "prevent the tapes from helping other teams cheat", which was the official line... odd... no teams are going to break into a safe in NFL HQ for Rams play info that's 6 years old.  But it sure would be daming in an investigation on teh Pats...

Watch the NFL Network suddenly agree to go to cable at a great price.
Then watch Specter's investigation never materialize.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »
If Specter never investigates, the media will. The New England media already hates Belicheck. With reports surfacing about the tapes, his mistress he bought a house for, and other rumors, just wait a month or 2. I talked to a buddy of mine who covers the Pats and he said he's gotten tons of inquiries about these reports and more.

The media can investigate all they want.  It'll be a story, that's it.
When Congres gets involved, people go to prison.  It's all speculation now- tapes destroyed, story has no legs.

Also, it's widely believe that if Clemens is found guilty of perjury, he'll be pardoned.  Turns out he's good buddies with Bush, camapgins republican, and hails from the same region.

imagine Clemens getting a pardon as Marion and barry do their prison time.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 11:14:34 AM »

Furthermore, they would never hound bodybuilding because it is not popular.  They are only going after pro sports because of public appeal.  The point is to get public attention off of things like illegal wiretaps and illegal wars for oil and opium.  How would demonizing bodybuilding do that?  It needs to be a big name or the meme doesn't work.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
"Congressman, we American pro bodybuilders don't do illegal steroids and HGH to build our bodies.  It's only those Japanese pros."

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 06:29:23 PM »
Furthermore, they would never hound bodybuilding because it is not popular.  .

Bodybuilding is not popular at all....but you have to admit that every where you turn (mall,supermarket,gast station) theres an Weider mag on stand wiht a pro bb on the cover (that Americans kids )stare at all times ....a senator from Mass grabbed one Muscle Mag few weeks ago and told me " with the amount of drug that this guys take you can supply the whole MLB and the NFL"...

Miguel Tejada (told me  2 weeks ago) in Santiago that is just a matter "of ponting fingers at them BBers"  and just ask what's going on there.....

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »
If McCain won, and gave Arnold a cabinet position, while he continued to host the Arnold competition -

Then a Democratic senator may want to make a name for himself, just like Republican Arlen Spector is doing right now (w/ NFL spying/cheating).

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 08:14:26 AM »
The steroid brouhaha is a smokescreen to distract the American people from a collapsing economy & a failed Middle Eastern war.  When Bush is gone, I doubt it will stay in the news.  We'll have a change of guard & the dumpster diver FBI agents who nailed Conte will have to get real jobs. 

thisiskeith12

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »
The media can investigate all they want.  It'll be a story, that's it.
When Congres gets involved, people go to prison.  It's all speculation now- tapes destroyed, story has no legs.

Also, it's widely believe that if Clemens is found guilty of perjury, he'll be pardoned.  Turns out he's good buddies with Bush, camapgins republican, and hails from the same region.

imagine Clemens getting a pardon as Marion and barry do their prison time.

Clemens will lose any HOF bid, which I'm sure he wasn't imagining 3 months ago.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 09:16:19 AM »
Clemens will lose any HOF bid, which I'm sure he wasn't imagining 3 months ago.
Give it time.  The HOF will be forced to let them guys in at some point when public perception changes.  There arent many good HOF candidates right now either.  Jim Rice and Andre Dawson were good players not HOF

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »
One thing is sure,

It'll be funny as hell to see jay Gutler Testifying under oath:

"I eat 7 meals, take creatine,glutamine,Nitrotech ,workout 2 hours a day plus cardio.......and that's about it"

LOL.

No so far from the truth, look at the end of this interview where Jay comes clean about his Regime" and drugs in the sport ....

WOOOOSSSHHHHHH