Author Topic: It is time for everyone to have a word with the Gov. of ILL  (Read 1318 times)

Arthurshall

• Getbig II
It is time for everyone to have a word with the Gov. of ILL
« on: February 15, 2008, 01:23:19 AM »
In light of the recent shootings at NIU it is time for Americans to start demanding that our Constitutional rights to self-defense not be abridged by schools.

I am just one of many..but we want to get 10,000 emails into the Governor of Illinois about what a fool he is for allowing the gun-free zone at NIU. In my opinion, he is an accessory to murder. Whether you agree with that or not is up to you but letting this guy know that the Constitution still applies on college campuses is a good start.

http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Here is what I wrote....

I would like to discuss the shooting incident at NIU, a situation that has deeply saddened and concerned me. Your state's policies of disarming law-abiding citizens in response to the actions of criminals permitted the gunman to shoot as many as he did with little fear of reprisal. A gun-free zone such as a school is the perfect target for such a person as the shooter - everyone else is unarmed!

The foolish policy of our universities prohibiting responsible & law-abiding students and faculty to defend themselves with deadly force if need be is making it easy for these sorts of events to occur. People who would normally be able to defend themselves are instead left with the choice of running and hiding while others continue to be shot, or risk getting shot themselves.

Allow responsible university students and staff to arm themselves, so that they can have a fighting chance against a shooter, if this sort of thing were ever to occur again. Repeal all "gun-free" zones. I realize that I am not a resident of Illinois, but I am also aware that the right of self-defense is not constrained by state borders or school property.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: It is time for everyone to have a word with the Gov. of ILL
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 01:44:11 AM »
In light of the recent shootings at NIU it is time for Americans to start demanding that our Constitutional rights to self-defense not be abridged by schools.

I am just one of many..but we want to get 10,000 emails into the Governor of Illinois about what a fool he is for allowing the gun-free zone at NIU. In my opinion, he is an accessory to murder. Whether you agree with that or not is up to you but letting this guy know that the Constitution still applies on college campuses is a good start.

http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Here is what I wrote....

I would like to discuss the shooting incident at NIU, a situation that has deeply saddened and concerned me. Your state's policies of disarming law-abiding citizens in response to the actions of criminals permitted the gunman to shoot as many as he did with little fear of reprisal. A gun-free zone such as a school is the perfect target for such a person as the shooter - everyone else is unarmed!

The foolish policy of our universities prohibiting responsible & law-abiding students and faculty to defend themselves with deadly force if need be is making it easy for these sorts of events to occur. People who would normally be able to defend themselves are instead left with the choice of running and hiding while others continue to be shot, or risk getting shot themselves.

Allow responsible university students and staff to arm themselves, so that they can have a fighting chance against a shooter, if this sort of thing were ever to occur again. Repeal all "gun-free" zones. I realize that I am not a resident of Illinois, but I am also aware that the right of self-defense is not constrained by state borders or school property.

Hell yeah, more guns....mow them down....what's your chosen weapon of destruction?

I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:00:47 AM »
I know some African fellas that could use your services Trap.  How much for 500 of the last one :D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:03:42 AM »
I know some African fellas that could use your services Trap.  How much for 500 of the last one :D

Discount just for you, because you are a Commy...

$10 a piece...so...$5000...a real bargain!
I hate the State.

Arthurshall

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 02:08:17 AM »
I would have to choose the chain gun. If it is good enough for Jesse Ventura in Predator, it is good enough for me!

I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »
Hell yeah, more guns....mow them down....what's your chosen weapon of destruction?

hahahahah yes if these guns were legal, the dude would have used the gatling/minigun in the last pic and pzwned the entire class of like 200 people in 5 seconds instead of a mere 5 victims

Arthurshall

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:25:57 AM »
Most of them are legal....and remember the legality of any gun is in the eye of the holder.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 03:28:13 AM »
Discount just for you, because you are a Commy...

$10 a piece...so...$5000...a real bargain!
Deal, this commie bastard is buying... PM me and we'll hook it up... move along DHS, nothing to see here.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 08:56:16 AM »
Ok what the hell are u going to mount it on...not very practical.... ;)
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »

What if 2 other students - on opposite sides of the room - begin to shoot at the perpetrator?  What are the rules of engagement there? 

Better yet, what if 100 other students pulled out their guns and began shooting at the same time? 

Arthurshall

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »
That would be awesome...hopefully someone would capture it on their phones!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
What if 2 other students - on opposite sides of the room - begin to shoot at the perpetrator?  What are the rules of engagement there? 

Better yet, what if 100 other students pulled out their guns and began shooting at the same time? 
the 100 students situation is pretty unlikely but i dont see the point that your getting at?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 02:02:50 AM »
I prefer big spiked maces.... ;D

I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 06:36:35 AM »

In this situation, you had one man in black emerge onto the stage and waste the teaching assistant.

At this point, armed citizens in the class would have opened fire upon the easy target, 20 feet in front of them on the stage.  There would have been minimal add'l civilian damage - he was an isolated, elevated target with clear line of sight.

He would have been hit before he had the ability to shoot 16 more people.

You can always think of 20 scenarios where more guns in the situation *could* be worse.  But in reality, most shootings are only stopped when the shooter decides to end it.  Remember Va Tech?  30+ kids killed, double that wounded, because the kid just walked room to room wasting everyone.  In that situation, an armed teacher or student could have saved dozens of lives.  You have seen the youtube cell pics - the cops were outside talking about a plan while shots peppered in the background, kids dying. 

On a side note, there was a daycare shooting in Cape Coral shooting about 2 weeks back (i'm in estero, about 20 miles away).  A man walked in and took his wife hostage, babbled to her for 10 minutes, then shot her in front of the children.  Well, a cop was on the scene in about 3 minutes, but he didn't have good info, and ended up shooting out the tires of a fleeing parent.  After doing so, he heard the fatal gunshots inside.  Then, he sat outside while the woman bled to death, waiting for his backup team and a plan.

So even on the scene immediately, police usually don't save the day.  They clean it up.  You're on your own, at the mercy or luck, or the gunman running out of bullets.  I'd rather risk being hit by a stray from ten heroes in the room, than be at the mercy of Officer Slowpoke making his plan or shooting tires on the wrong vehicles.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »
However if a cop enters into the room, see's 3 bodies on the floor and a drawn gun out of the corner of his eye, he may fire.    And down goes the HERO while the other drawn gunman(perp) blasts one into his dome.

Altho, Id take that chance..... 8)