Author Topic: The crash!  (Read 3382 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: The crash!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 09:55:21 AM »
AJ would you outline your keto diet in this thread please? I would def like to give it a go. Im trying to get into single digit bf%.
    the palumbo diet is as follows

6 meals per day.   50 grams protein, 25 grams fat, 10 grams carbs per meal. 

pretty easy to follow. no in between snacks. no carbs except for whats hidden in nuts, eggs, and one or two cups of green veggies per day.

dave is big on omega 3 eggs, all natural peanut butter, and wild salmon.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »

pretty easy to follow. no in between snacks. no carbs except for whats hidden in nuts, eggs, and one or two cups of green veggies per day.

Actually, green vegtables are not allowed in the diet if fats are being eaten. the reason behind this, is that the foods such as nuts PB, even egg yolk have carbs in them...just a little...if you add in the veggies you end up going over the max allowed carbs to stay in ketosis.

The only time vegtables come into play is usually towards the end of a diet when you begin rotaing your food days between a protein/fat day and a protein/vegtable day

AJ would you outline your keto diet in this thread please? I would def like to give it a go. Im trying to get into single digit bf%.

Check PM

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 06:35:54 AM »
Actually, green vegtables are not allowed in the diet if fats are being eaten. the reason behind this, is that the foods such as nuts PB, even egg yolk have carbs in them...just a little...if you add in the veggies you end up going over the max allowed carbs to stay in ketosis.

The only time vegtables come into play is usually towards the end of a diet when you begin rotaing your food days between a protein/fat day and a protein/vegtable day

Check PM

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing there is some magic # of carbs that have you in a ketotic state.  You guys make it sound like if you eat 50G carbs a day your there but 55G your not.  This does not work like a light switch, I would think this would be obvious with this cheat meal you allow that supposedly does not throw you off.

A small serving of veggies is very low in carbs so you should eat them cause if your on that diet diet too long it is not healthy and Dave knows this.  Thats why he has you taking some ridiculous pill that is supposed to replace the fruits and veggies missing in your diet.  Sorry but a pill will never replace the real thing, I don't care what their advertising claims.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »
I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing there is some magic # of carbs that have you in a ketotic state.  You guys make it sound like if you eat 50G carbs a day your there but 55G your not.  This does not work like a light switch, I would think this would be obvious with this cheat meal you allow that supposedly does not throw you off.

i totally agree. once your in ketosis, it takes a  big spike in insulin to knock you back into a glucose driven metabolism.     its not "grams of carbs' that matter...but the hormones circulating in your body... foods that are 70% fat, but have some carbohydrates in them...like peanut butter for example...there is no limit to how much you can eat of it...youll be in ketosis no matter how many grams of carbs you get from peanut butter...because it is 70% fat, and its glycemic load is lower than that of even meat.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 12:08:17 PM »
i totally agree. once your in ketosis, it takes a  big spike in insulin to knock you back into a glucose driven metabolism.     its not "grams of carbs' that matter...but the hormones circulating in your body... foods that are 70% fat, but have some carbohydrates in them...like peanut butter for example...there is no limit to how much you can eat of it...youll be in ketosis no matter how many grams of carbs you get from peanut butter...because it is 70% fat, and its glycemic load is lower than that of even meat.

You are missing Luv's point.

Fibrous carbs will not impact blood sugar and if you are eating that much protein and fats, you will get backed up without some fiber. You got to poop at some point  :-X

I really, really hope you don't scare away the really knowledgable ones on this board.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »

A small serving of veggies is very low in carbs so you should eat them cause if your on that diet diet too long it is not healthy and Dave knows this.  Thats why he has you taking some ridiculous pill that is supposed to replace the fruits and veggies missing in your diet.  Sorry but a pill will never replace the real thing, I don't care what their advertising claims.
50g of carbs is just an approximate number...if you stay right under that you should be able to remain in ketosis. I'm sure some peoples bodies could allow them to go slightly higher in carb intake and still remain in ketosis...below 50g is just a good average to stay below.

The one cheat meal...yes, it will throw you out of ketosis but only for a few hours...it takes more then one simple meal to get your body to start relying on glycogen for fuel rather then ketone's (fat.)

The "magic pill." It's Juice plus+ and it's not some sort of crazed concoction...all it is is actual fruit and vegtables in powder form...you're still getting all the nutrients of fruits and vegtables without the sugars...that's all it is.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
You are missing Luv's point.

Fibrous carbs will not impact blood sugar and if you are eating that much protein and fats, you will get backed up without some fiber. You got to poop at some point  :-X

I really, really hope you don't scare away the really knowledgable ones on this board.
what was wrong with my post, dude?

i dont knwo about you...it seems like one post youll be cool, the next post your attacking me..what the fuck...  ??
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »

i dont knwo about you...it seems like one post youll be cool, the next post your attacking me..what the fuck...  ??

I think they may be confussing you with another guy that went by "Candizzle"?  Your not him are you?  I dont think you are but the names are similar. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »
I think they may be confussing you with another guy that went by "Candizzle"?  Your not him are you?  I dont think you are but the names are similar. 

It's the same guy Luv.  Candizzle/Candidate = same dude.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 04:38:51 AM »
It's the same guy Luv.  Candizzle/Candidate = same dude.

Really, Thanks I thought it was 2 different guys.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 07:15:05 AM »

Why do you always think someone is attacking you?

No one can respond to anything you write or you will get all upset. You need to chill candi.  :'(

Nothing was wrong with your post, just chill out man, ok... >:(

4thAD

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 09:45:40 AM »
I still have a hard time believing that a keto diet will aid in good solid gains while on cycle, and I would never use a keto diet post cycle. I have seen too many times where people lose lots of muscle on these low carb diets. I am going to run a keto diet while on just HRT dose of test, just to preserve muscle and get leaner. Im pretty lean right now, but I want single digits.

4thAD

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 09:46:54 AM »
I still have a hard time believing that a keto diet will aid in good solid gains while on cycle, and I would never use a keto diet post cycle. I have seen too many times where people lose lots of muscle on these low carb diets. I am going to run a keto diet while on just HRT dose of test, just to preserve muscle and get leaner. Im pretty lean right now, but I want single digits.

BTW if somebody here thinks I'm off on my thinking please respond. Alway's willing to listen to new ideas.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 10:52:05 AM »
I agree with you 4thAD, I just can't see how it logically makes sense.  It's difficult to preserve muscle mass if not nearly impossible while on a Keto diet, but on cycle I dunno, I think it might be individual dependent and how your body's metabolism functions.  I just know that personally if I did it, I'd loose muscle and that's not something I'm willing to do.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »
You're right, making gains, adding new muscle mass would be imposable on that type of diet. That type of diet is only for leaning out...it's just a good way to lean out and maintain as much muscle as you can. Very efficient and much easier then other methods IMO.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »
Its not a new diet by any means, been around for ages.  Its really very similar to an Atkins diet.

I think when getting in shape its awesome.  You will hold plenty of size and you will get lean and dry.  Too long and too strict on it is hard on you and your body.  I stayed on a low carb diet for a long time and really like the shape i was able to stay in.  It was very easy to stop eating the carbs, it does seem like though that after a while IME your body says "hey enough of this, time to put an end to this nonsense"  and it will stop you one way or another.  Usually by making you sick and throwing you off track.  I have found this will happen to me about 7-9 months on the diet.  I ate about 60-100g of carbs a day no cheats, between 3000-4000 cals a day.  It was easy once you get into the routine.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 05:54:10 PM »
Its not a new diet by any means, been around for ages.  Its really very similar to an Atkins diet.

I think when getting in shape its awesome.  You will hold plenty of size and you will get lean and dry.  Too long and too strict on it is hard on you and your body.  I stayed on a low carb diet for a long time and really like the shape i was able to stay in.  It was very easy to stop eating the carbs, it does seem like though that after a while IME your body says "hey enough of this, time to put an end to this nonsense"  and it will stop you one way or another.  Usually by making you sick and throwing you off track.  I have found this will happen to me about 7-9 months on the diet.  I ate about 60-100g of carbs a day no cheats, between 3000-4000 cals a day.  It was easy once you get into the routine.
For the most part I agree with what you said...except for the Atkins part. There are similarities, I can't argue that, but the difference is the foods being eaten, as well as the amounts.

With Atkins, you're basically allowed any non carb food you want, as much fat as you want...it is a high fat diet based around fats, while the other is more of a moderate fat diet based more equally around protein and quality fats.

Curiosity question...this past show you did, you were eating upwards of 4k cal per day?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 05:58:07 PM »
why candidildo is commenting "the crash" if he's just a 17 years old retard raging for roids? Ron where are you, please ban him before he die  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »
For the most part I agree with what you said...except for the Atkins part. There are similarities, I can't argue that, but the difference is the foods being eaten, as well as the amounts.

With Atkins, you're basically allowed any non carb food you want, as much fat as you want...it is a high fat diet based around fats, while the other is more of a moderate fat diet based more equally around protein and quality fats.

Curiosity question...this past show you did, you were eating upwards of 4k cal per day?

No I was eating between 3000-4000 cals probally about 3500 mostly the last 5-6 weeks.  Some days closer to 3000 maybe even high 2's then others it was high 3's close to 4.  I ate a lot of PB on that diet more than i should have damn I was eating almost a jar a day about 8 weeks out.  Had to cut back to half a jar a day.  A jar of PB is about 3500 cals.  So yeah i was eating a lot of cals at that point probally was near 5000 cals.  But as the show got near I had to drop down the PB intake and bring the cals back to get in shape.

I was fairly lean going into the diet, then i ramped up some clen and damn I don't know I was a fat burning machine.  The low carb diet just burns the fat off.  It seems like you make some progress, get stuck and once you bust past that stuck point where you are not loosing fat it just explodes and the stuff comes off fast.