Author Topic: Frank Zane could beat Tamali  (Read 6750 times)

Moosejay

Re: Frank Zane could beat Tamali
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 04:07:51 PM »
'zane was known for legs'??

hmmm, sorry moose but i'm going to have to call this one in....

BULLSHIT!

Really Beast...for a time in the 70's, this is a true statement

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 04:09:07 PM »

I have used the "Zane Leg Blaster" at Powerhouse Gym Yucaipa-which that idiot "Armz" owns, and it does not give a very good workout. I did not like it. I prefer a squat any day of the week.

Actually, Parkway used to have an original design when I trained there in 98'.  This is before Zane had his name on it.

Worked ok...but didn't really see the point.

Moosejay

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
To a degree, but I think he may has invented this for the purpose of taking some of the pressure off the lower back. Maybe for people with lower back problems. I have always thought the best leg exercise is and always will be the squat, but you do not have to squat to have a great pair of legs. With the leg blaster the prime movers are the thighs and they is being employed with this movement. Of course some of the secondary muscles are not TO A DEGREE and it is debatable that by taking out some of these secondary muscle you can still get respectable leg size. You can never 100% isolate a muscle.

Absolutely correct.

If you have ever had back pain, injuries or related problems...the Leg Blaster was the solution....good enough thigh workout with very little back involvement/pain.

Moosejay

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 04:11:18 PM »
Actually, Parkway used to have an original design when I trained there in 98'.  This is before Zane had his name on it.

Worked ok...but didn't really see the point.

Again...it saves your back...I have had severe back injuries and am very happy I can use the Leg Blaster to stim thighs

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 04:11:52 PM »
Still sounds like a cool place

It's pretty cool.  Just follow the rules posted up on the ceiling

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
It's pretty cool.  Just follow the rules posted up on the ceiling

On the ceiling?? The guy does sound like a nut...ala Gironda...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2008, 04:57:24 PM »
On the ceiling?? The guy does sound like a nut...ala Gironda...

Bingo.

Damn...all these years & I never thought of it that way but you're 100% on.

When you're training...he'll interupt you WHILE WORKING OUT & tell you the pulldown cable is not meant for tricep pressdowns.  You'll be like "what??"
He'll then go on about that station is for pull downs only & you can only do tricep pressdowns on a different station. 
I told him "well, you set the tricep pressdown away from the mirror.  When you use it, you can't see yourself in the mirror.  You also have set the pull down so when you perform the exercise, your back is facing the mirror."
Anyways...because I questioned him all the time....this was just one tiny reason I was kicked out.  I used to call him a loon.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »
Owned & operated by Bill Golumbick (used to compete in the late 50's early 60's).

Bill is an old quack.  Has all of these rules that you need to follow which are ridiculous.

Thanks for the owners name........never knew that.

You now Knny, I have been in that place off and on going back 25 years-back when it was in El Cajon and was named Valley Barbell, and since it was a "Key Card" entry with no one there 90% of the time I never saw the owner, or anyone that worked there, or was associated with that gym-EVER!

Bill, cool. Got it.  ;D

BTW-why did you get booted-did you tell Bill it was a gym and not Family Fitness....lol.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »
Thanks for the owners name........never knew that.

You now Knny, I have been in that place off and on going back 25 years-back when it was in El Cajon and was named Valley Barbell, and since it was a "Key Card" entry with no one there 90% of the time I never saw the owner, or anyone that worked there, or was associated with that gym-EVER!

Bill, cool. Got it.  ;D

BTW-why did you get booted-did you tell Bill it was a gym and not Family Fitness....lol.

His name is Bill Golumbick.  He's a little old man about 5'5" - 5'6" tall.  His brother "Crow" is there all the time too.  He's an old guy too...kind of scary looking scarecrow looking individual - tall & lanky - always wears like a black knit cap.

Bill drives a Red Ford Ranger pick up thats older than the hills.  He also has an old Mustang car.  Go by anytime around 11:00pm & you will see him there.  Crow will be there mostly though the day time.

I used to train back then between 10:00 - 12:00pm.  So, I used to see him all the time.  There's cameras in the place (all over) so be careful what you do in there.  He'll know if you set down the dumbbells too hard or on the upholstery of the benches & will tell you about it.

I was kicked out for a number of reasons....one was more than anything else. 

http://musclememory.com/show.php?a=Golumbick,+Bill

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
http://musclememory.com/show.php?a=Golumbick,+Bill

Wow, I never knew the guy was a BBer, and was on so many old magazine covers.

Ive have been around san Diego along time and this is the first I heard of this guy-amazing.

He looks pretty damn good for the times also.

Hey Knny-we are going to have to meet one of these days-since your in my neck of the woods.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2008, 08:37:41 PM »

Ive have been around san Diego along time and this is the first I heard of this guy-amazing.

Hey Knny-we are going to have to meet one of these days-since your in my neck of the woods.

great abs.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
looks a little red

aaaaaahhh, the ol' telltale reddish nose of he afternoon senior  boozer.
Nah, Zane is my favorite all time bodybuilder, smart guy, ideal classic lines, still in great shape.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »
aaaaaahhh, the ol' telltale reddish nose of he afternoon senior  boozer.
Nah, Zane is my favorite all time bodybuilder, smart guy, ideal classic lines, still in great shape.

zane has always been a fan of the health, vascularity and diuretic affects of the afternoon wine or beer. ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2008, 11:51:01 PM »
I would take Zane's late 70s physique over any of today's pros.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 07:36:13 AM »
I would take Zane's late 70s physique over any of today's pros.

he does look very good there.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 08:02:27 AM »
BULLSHIT, it was never known as the Moore Leg Blaster-it was simply the Leg Blaster, then Zane called it the Zane Leg Blaster. I have used it before, not a very good workout IMO.

BTW, your buddy Onlyme said you owe him $100 big ones because the "majority" of the PDI shows went off as planned. Now pay up deadbeat.

I have used the "Zane Leg Blaster" at Powerhouse Gym Yucaipa-which that idiot "Armz" owns, and it does not give a very good workout. I did not like it. I prefer a squat any day of the week.

What dop mean it was not called the Moore ?

The Beef has a hundred that says it was. Want my action son?

The Beef

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »

Actually, from what I'm told....he was well know for the time, but was forgotten quickly.  He was known for his abs back in the day.  He was & is big time against drugs & why he quit bodybuilding.  He refused to compete against drug useage.

Besides from that....he's extremely eccentric. 

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2008, 01:34:22 PM »
Actually, from what I'm told....he was well know for the time, but was forgotten quickly.  He was known for his abs back in the day.  He was & is big time against drugs & why he quit bodybuilding.  He refused to compete against drug useage.

Besides from that....he's extremely eccentric. 

Guy ad serious abs for the 50's.

Reminds me of Fabian Lewkowitz from Gold's Gym PB back in the day-had abs just like this Bill guy.

Fabian had Chris Cormier BEAT at the 1990 Cal, and his abs sealed the deal against Chris-and they gifted the show to Chris, total bullshit.