Author Topic: Best Tasting Vanilla Flavored Whey Protein?  (Read 4922 times)

peroni

• Getbig III
Best Tasting Vanilla Flavored Whey Protein?
« on: February 16, 2008, 12:11:46 PM »
I'm abandoning labrada pro v 60 since the price has skyrocketed up to $48/jar at bb.com. I'm going to make my own MR smoothie "from scratch" but I need a nice tasting whey protein (vanilla preferably). Grams per serving doesn't matter as I can adjust the serving size to accommodate my needs. Thanks for your input

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Best Tasting Vanilla Flavored Whey Protein?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:12:16 PM »
I'm abandoning labrada pro v 60 since the price has skyrocketed up to $48/jar at bb.com. I'm going to make my own MR smoothie "from scratch" but I need a nice tasting whey protein (vanilla preferably). Grams per serving doesn't matter as I can adjust the serving size to accommodate my needs. Thanks for your input

The price of all whey has gone up. 

Designer's vanilla is pretty good, but only 17.5g per scoop.  I think they private label for Vitamin Shoppe so that's probably a little cheaper.
:

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »
Yup, the Chinese are gobbling up all the milk.  It's a good time to own cattle =)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »
Optimum 100% Whey.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:58:11 PM »
Yup ON whey

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:53 AM »
I like trueprotein's Premium French Vanilla is really good (no matter what protein it's mixed with).

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 12:03:54 PM »
I have learned over the years that everybody's taste buds are vastly different with regards to protein.

For a Vanilla Whey, I think Isolates taste better than concentrates. Like Isopure or IDS Whey

Labrada's Pro V is a blend, which will always cost more per lbs. than whey

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »
Optimum is the cheapest but Vitamin World has a house brand whey that is really cheap.  I think Vitamin World's brand is called "Body Fortress" which is available at WAL-MART and is really well priced.  The best tasting protein I have ever tried is made by a Canadian company and it is called "Whey Gourmet".  I'm telling you every flavor of this stuff is delicious.  It is hard to find in the U.S. but is one of the top sellers here in Canada. I think BB.com may have it but I don't know for sure. 

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 03:14:36 AM »
I have learned over the years that everybody's taste buds are vastly different with regards to protein.

For a Vanilla Whey, I think Isolates taste better than concentrates. Like Isopure or IDS Whey

Labrada's Pro V is a blend, which will always cost more per lbs. than whey

yea im with you b i think IsoPure by Natures Best has the best tasting everything...and its isolate so less ass bombs....the other thing and i know ill be fried ofr saying this but Muscle Milk i think has an awesome taste ive tried most flavors and they all rock, i know its not a straight whey and in reality it is a real fatty and cheap ingredients and way overpriced but the flavors rock....

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
The best tasting protein I have ever tried is made by a Canadian company and it is called "Whey Gourmet".  I'm telling you every flavor of this stuff is delicious. 
I completely agree.

It's by PVL

R

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »
yea im with you b i think IsoPure by Natures Best has the best tasting everything...and its isolate so less ass bombs....the other thing and i know ill be fried ofr saying this but Muscle Milk i think has an awesome taste ive tried most flavors and they all rock, i know its not a straight whey and in reality it is a real fatty and cheap ingredients and way overpriced but the flavors rock....
Actually I agree with you...in terms of taste, MUSCLE MILK is good...but the best tasting protein I have ever had is MUSCLE MEALS by MUSCLE-LINK...advertised in IRONMAN mag....the vanilla taste is amazing...any one else here ever try it?...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »
Muscle Provider from Beverly is my current preferred Whey based protein

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »
had a buddy tell me the body fortress vanilla from wal mart was very good and a great value also

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 01:33:20 PM »
Muscle Provider from Beverly is my current preferred Whey based protein
Beverly's stuff is expensive and hard to find.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »
Beverly's stuff is expensive and hard to find.

How hard is it to go to their website: http://www.beverlyinternational.com/

If you buy enough (which is not that much really) they give you the Gold Club price sheet.

Muscle Provider is 28.95 which is not the cheapest but still reasonable for a very high quality product

terryP

• Getbig II
  • Don't Quit!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »
AST VP2 is great. Price is pretty good through Bodybuilding.com
Stay Strong!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
Optimum is the cheapest but Vitamin World has a house brand whey that is really cheap.  I think Vitamin World's brand is called "Body Fortress" which is available at WAL-MART and is really well priced.  The best tasting protein I have ever tried is made by a Canadian company and it is called "Whey Gourmet".  I'm telling you every flavor of this stuff is delicious.  It is hard to find in the U.S. but is one of the top sellers here in Canada. I think BB.com may have it but I don't know for sure. 

You guys don't have Whey Gourmet over there ?!?!?! oh man... it's like muscle milk but 10 times tastier!!!
30 gourmet flavours like peanut butter chocolate, strawberry shortcake, orange creamsicle, etc.

you guys are missing out hard.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 05:43:12 AM »
best deal out there.......Costco or Bj's 6 lb bag of EAS vanilla whey $30.00................23 grams a scoop.......taste great as well

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 09:03:09 AM »
best deal out there.......Costco or Bj's 6 lb bag of EAS vanilla whey $30.00................23 grams a scoop.......taste great as well

Sam's Club sells those bags as well for $26-$28. They also have some good deals on protein bars.

The price of all whey has gone up. 

Designer's vanilla is pretty good, but only 17.5g per scoop.  I think they private label for Vitamin Shoppe so that's probably a little cheaper.

Desiger protein uses those 70-cc scoops, don't they? If they do work with Vitamin Shoppe, I thank them for it, as Vitamin Shoppe's (BodyTech) Whey Tech protein runs $25 for a 5-lb. jugs.

Whey Tech has both whey concentrate and isolate. The serving size is 17g of protein per 24g-serving (or one of those 53-cc scoops), which is about 71% protein. EAS 100% Whey has 23g of protein per 30g-serving, or about 77% protein.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 10:16:40 PM »
Optimum 100% Whey.
yep here too. I think it taste bad tho.
its great tho because it doesn't give you gas. :-[
A