Author Topic: Anyone get the Ironman results text to them on their Lift Studios "Musclephone"?  (Read 2751 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
I didn't.

But then again, I'm not gay.  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
I didn't.

There's only a handful of shows worth watching in Bodybuilding - the Olympia, AC and a couple of spring shows such as the Ironman. All of them are now being webcast, not to mention a million threads crop up in the message boards before, during and after the show. So I don't see the big deal / point about having the results text over the phone, like it's the Melbourne cup where millions of dollars have been bet and are at stake.

But that's just me.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
There's only a handful of shows worth watching in Bodybuilding - the Olympia, AC and a couple of spring shows such as the Ironman. All of them are now being webcast, not to mention a million threads crop up in the message boards before, during and after the show. So I don't see the big deal / point about having the results text over the phone, like it's the Melbourne cup where millions of dollars have been bet and are at stake.

But that's just me.

It doesn't make any sense to me either.  Anyone who cares enough about this crap that they need to know RIGHT NOW is either at the show or watching the webcast.  Lift is trying to create a market for something that just isn't there.  There's probably some service like that for NFL or NBA games, and he thought he could copy it.  As you said, that stuff is based on the gambling, and having dozens of games per day.  No one is placing wagers on the IFBB.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

It doesn't make any sense to me either.  Anyone who cares enough about this crap that they need to know RIGHT NOW is either at the show or watching the webcast.  Lift is trying to create a market for something that just isn't there.  There's probably some service like that for NFL or NBA games, and he thought he could copy it.  As you said, that stuff is based on the gambling, and having dozens of games per day.  No one is placing wagers on the IFBB.

Are you saying you don't take the day off work and sit glued in front of your PC, refreshing the screen every 2 seconds while sweat pours down your face as you keep wondering who is going to win the NPC Louisiana amateur middleweight class ??? ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Are you saying you don't take the day off work and sit glued in front of your PC, refreshing the screen every 2 seconds while sweat pours down your face as you keep wondering who is going to win the NPC Louisiana amateur middleweight class ??? ;D

Who do I look like, Howard White? 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
haha i have to agree. no market for this. at all!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
I didn't.

LOL

Remember, though, Musclephone is powered by GetBig!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Who do I look like, Howard White? 

Hey we have no idea what you look like, remember? ;D

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
thanks for your continued love goatboy. Muscle Phone provided a number fans with results immediately after the show.
Elevate Your Image.™

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
"Muscle Phone"

Gayer than having your "uncle" shave your butt crack for a show......
HAHA, RON.....

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
thanks for your continued love goatboy. Muscle Phone provided a number fans with results immediately after the show.

2 is a number too, right? You tell them tiger.

Seriously though, good luck on the whole thing.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

like betting on who will be Miss New York State.   haha

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
2 is a number too, right?

And both of then were at the show anyway!  ;D

"Muscle phone" is the fanny-pack of 2008...  except it's less useful.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter

so did musclememory.com, and musculardevelopment.com, and ironmanmagazine.com, and getbig.com, and a few hundred other websites.

plus iPhones can probably stream the webcast.  and if not, they certainly can get to all the above mentioned websites.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Ok, GetBig has shown that there are enough fanboys and You-go-girls who would like to get contest results immediately, but is this true at more than 3-4 shows per year? 

I want Lift to be successful, but what exactly defines 'success' with this particular project?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
so did musclememory.com, and musculardevelopment.com, and ironmanmagazine.com, and getbig.com, and a few hundred other websites.

plus iPhones can probably stream the webcast.  and if not, they certainly can get to all the above mentioned websites.

That was my point, not really much of a market for this...   but Lift thinks it's all about him.  ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum

Well...0 is a number.  ;D

The entire market for bodybuilding is very small.  I have to say, I do respect Ryan Deluca's (almost) monopoly on the industry.  Monopolies aren't a bad thing when the one in charge is a guy like Ryan.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

thisiskeith12

There is so much news going on around bodybuilding and having a up to the minute report of these reports can make anyone's life much easier! Like say if you were at dinner last night with some friends you could have been the first to break them the news that Phil Heath won the Ironman! Beat that!

I haven't signed up for it yet because I don't think my blackberry can retrieve info like that from a text, I'll have to find my old Nokia 5190 I think is around somewhere....

Matt C

• Getbig V
Goatboy's points are accurate except for the part about him not being gay.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Like say if you were at dinner last night with some friends you could have been the first to break them the news that Phil Heath won the Ironman!

Gee, wouldn't that make me the star of the show - I can see all the women flocking over to me as soon as I yell out that breaking news ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Gee, wouldn't that make me the star of the show - I can see all the women flocking over to me as soon as I yell out that breaking news ::)

... then you stare straight into the camera and say, "I used to get no play, but look at me now....  THANKS, LIFT STUDIOS!"    ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

... then you stare straight into the camera and say, "I used to get no play, but look at me now....  THANKS, LIFT STUDIOS!"    ;D

LMFAO!

Matt C

• Getbig V

Yes, I think that's what Isaac has in mind.  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

davidpaul

• Getbig V
He will make a lot of money off that.

youandme

• Getbig V
haha musclephone
the next big thing
"hey one minute let me check my muscle phone for updates on the Ironman, huh you don't know what the Ironman is?"