Author Topic: spilling over  (Read 1505 times)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
spilling over
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:42:59 PM »
Can contest prep be that difficult to master? you would think that by the time that they get their pro card they would be able to figure out what works best for them.

why is that some guy always botch this up while other are always 95%+ ready to go.

guys like King, X man, Dennis James and others never seem to get it right on consistent basis

is it being lazy in the contest prep
not dieting long enough
waiting to last minute to make major changes

that guy AlexA was ripped to death for a couple weeks before his show, why can't more pros do that?

also these guys never look "grainy" anymore

</rant>
I

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: spilling over
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »
Most pro's say it's when they try something new, the ones that stick to the tried and true never seem to have these problems (Ronnie, Flex, Shawn, etc.)  it's always trying some different carb loading procedure towards the end , or getting their hands on some exotic new diuretic.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »
I think most guys are not willing to give up a little size to get that super dry and grainy look.

Im not a big ass dude so i might as well be ripped to the freaking bone and dry.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 06:49:19 PM »
I think most guys are not willing to give up a little size to get that super dry and grainy look.

Im not a big ass dude so i might as well be ripped to the freaking bone and dry.

dude..I have not seen any pro as ripped and as shredded as you in a long time

you need to start giving advice, seriously
Here comes the money shot

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »

And his advice would work if the pros were prepared to drop 20-40lbs to get diced. Which they aren't.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 07:14:54 PM »

Hey man, thanks!  I appreciate that

The shredded dry, grainy look is what i like,  so i diet for that kind of look.

There are lots of bodybuilders with such good shape and size, but just dont take it to the next level as far as conditioning goes.

Im working this year to put on some size but its a slow process if you want to hang on to the super hard grainy look.

THat is why im moving up slowly in weight, i really enjoyed my prep for nationals. And really looking forward to competing this year. 

Im in the process of helping a bunch of guys for shows this summer, but i really like helping the average bodybuilder who doesnt even compete , get in kick ass shape.  Lots of guys have a ton of potential but just need some guidance. Drop me a line anyone
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 07:19:54 PM »

Who did this sluts pre-contest prep? Great job!

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »
Hey man, thanks!  I appreciate that

The shredded dry, grainy look is what i like,  so i diet for that kind of look.

There are lots of bodybuilders with such good shape and size, but just dont take it to the next level as far as conditioning goes.

Im working this year to put on some size but its a slow process if you want to hang on to the super hard grainy look.

THat is why im moving up slowly in weight, i really enjoyed my prep for nationals. And really looking forward to competing this year. 

Im in the process of helping a bunch of guys for shows this summer, but i really like helping the average bodybuilder who doesnt even compete , get in kick ass shape.  Lots of guys have a ton of potential but just need some guidance. Drop me a line anyone

Advice for a natty?  :)

1.  how often do you do cardio and for how long?
2.  how often do you eat? what do you eat
3.  supplements? pwo shake?
4.  shake before bed?
5.  carb restrictions?

I

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »
Advice for a natty?  :)

1.  how often do you do cardio and for how long?
2.  how often do you eat? what do you eat
3.  supplements? pwo shake?
4.  shake before bed?
5.  carb restrictions?

Well even though your natural, im not sure what your trying to accomplish.

Probably just look as big and lean as possible

I would go for the cardio on training days, eat six meals per day,  1.5 grams of protein and 2 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight. Supps consist mainly of whey protein and vit/min supp.  Shake before bed is fine, but egg whites, or lean meat is better.  Everything depends how lean you want to be and what kind of look your after.  This is just a generic response, based on the fact that i dont know what you look like?
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 07:40:46 PM »
Who did this sluts pre-contest prep? Great job!

LMAO

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
Can contest prep be that difficult to master? you would think that by the time that they get their pro card they would be able to figure out what works best for them.

why is that some guy always botch this up while other are always 95%+ ready to go.

guys like King, X man, Dennis James and others never seem to get it right on consistent basis

is it being lazy in the contest prep
not dieting long enough
waiting to last minute to make major changes

that guy AlexA was ripped to death for a couple weeks before his show, why can't more pros do that?

also these guys never look "grainy" anymore

</rant>

alex can do it caus ehe is 167 or so   his body is closer to homeostasis ( the weight your body wants to stay at)

and what works once does not always work again   esp when guys use the newer innovative ways over the tried and true caus etheyare trying to hold that extra 5 lbs or so

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 03:47:28 AM »
Alex A was shredded in his countdown pics.