Author Topic: Who is more well known?  (Read 2001 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Who is more well known?
« on: February 18, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »
To the casual fan(someone who may buy a PP), Kimbo or Fedor? Seems to me like Kimbo is pretty famous for a guy who had some fights on the internet and a few MMA fights on Showtime. Do you guys think Kimbo is a bigger draw than Fedor right now as far as buyrates go?
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Re: Who is more well known?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »
No.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:18:25 AM »
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:28:11 AM »
You think Kimbo could beat Fedor?

No.

Fedor would destroy Kimbo. Kimbo has a long way to go before he fights a top 10 heavyweight.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:31:08 AM »
Kimbo has a long way to go before he fights a top 10 heavyweight.

True, but only because he is in Elite. Based on the ranking that Bluto posted I think that Kimbo would definitely be put in with a 10 ten guy if he were in the UFC. I think Mir was top 10 and Lesnar fought him already. You think Kimbo could beat lesnar?
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »
True, but only because he is in Elite. Based on the ranking that Bluto posted I think that Kimbo would definitely be put in with a 10 ten guy if he were in the UFC. I think Mir was top 10 and Lesnar fought him already. You think Kimbo could beat lesnar?

Lesner would take Kimbo to ground and pound the hell out of him. I think Lesner is the real deal. Even though he lost the fight with Mir he still looked good.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:04:54 AM »
off course fedor, just because the fact that lots of people saw that big black guy f*cking guys on the net but dont relate that guy to the kimbo name...and after all, there are people who dont even saw his videos on the net, around the world...
 the chubby guy on the other side... ;D
!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:28:39 PM »
fedor is the bigger draw

kimbo has never been on pay per view and anybody that knows kimbo will know fedor, he wasn't a wrestler or anything like brock lesnar

when fedor fights it will always be ppv

E
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »
kimbo for sure.

who the hell have heard of fedor in the us?

fedors videos on youtube has between 200,000 and 400,000 views

kimbo on the other hand, his videos has up to FOUR MILLION VIEWS!!

google give millions of hits on "kimbo" but only a few hundred thousand for "fedor emelianenko"

Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »
kimbo for sure.

who the hell have heard of fedor in the us?

fedors videos on youtube has between 200,000 and 400,000 views

kimbo on the other hand, his videos has up to FOUR MILLION VIEWS!!

google give millions of hits on "kimbo" but only a few hundred thousand for "fedor emelianenko"

Thats what I think. It seems like Kimbo is way more popular.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »
Thats what I think. It seems like Kimbo is way more popular.

fedor is some russian sambo guy that finish mosts his fights by submission or decision fighting in a far away land

kimbo on the other hand is coming straight off the street, he represent the ghetto and is a success story in the making of someone making it bigtime

and he knocks people out! and he's american! and black! and got a beard!!

my only objection with kimbo is that he isnt portrayed as a bad guy, i think he should be !
Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »
fedor is some russian sambo guy that finish mosts his fights by submission or decision fighting in a far away land

kimbo on the other hand is coming straight off the street, he represent the ghetto and is a success story in the making of someone making it bigtime

and he knocks people out! and he's american! and black! and got a beard!!

my only objection with kimbo is that he isnt portrayed as a bad guy, i think he should be !

Kimbo is a circus act. He hasn't fought anyone yet.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »
Kimbo is a circus act. He hasn't fought anyone yet.

people like circus
Z

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 08:57:19 AM »
id pick kimbo over lesnar, remember these words if they ever do fight.

Kimbo by knock out

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 09:07:46 AM »
What a stupid question. Kimbo is probably more well known than 95% of all of MMA fighters.

Couple that with the fact that the majority of MMA fans have absolutely no idea who Fedor is, and I think it's safe to say Kimbo is much bigger draw.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:08:39 AM »
well, Kimbo may be more known on USA...but there are other countries in the world...do you guys know that? rsrsr

and hits on youtube its not the greates way to interpretate 'fame' i would say...i doubt anyone uses that as a official statistic counter...

will you tell me that Kimbo is more well known on Japan and Brazil  than Fedor(for instance) also???
!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:05 AM »
well, Kimbo may be more known on USA...but there are other countries in the world...do you guys know that? rsrsr

and hits on youtube its not the greates way to interpretate 'fame' i would say...i doubt anyone uses that as a official statistic counter...

will you tell me that Kimbo is more well known on Japan and Brazil  than Fedor(for instance) also???

I doubt this question was about who would sell more ppvs in Brazil.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »
I think that Fedor is better known among fans though I think Kimbo is better known from the internet by individuals with only a passing familiarity with MMA.  I think that was the point of signing him to bring in people who are not regular fans or part of the culture so to speak.  The same strategy was also used by UCF with Lesnar who i believe it better known across the board than Fedor.
A

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »
I think that Fedor is better known among fans though I think Kimbo is better known from the internet by individuals with only a passing familiarity with MMA.  I think that was the point of signing him to bring in people who are not regular fans or part of the culture so to speak.  The same strategy was also used by UCF with Lesnar who i believe it better known across the board than Fedor.

I was just wondering what people thought about some brawler from the internet being a bigger draw than one of the best fighters in the world. Does anyone know how much Kimbo is making per fight? If and when he goes on PPV and assuming he is still winning he might be one of the highest paid fighters out there.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »
I was just wondering what people thought about some brawler from the internet being a bigger draw than one of the best fighters in the world. Does anyone know how much Kimbo is making per fight? If and when he goes on PPV and assuming he is still winning he might be one of the highest paid fighters out there.

if he draws the crowds and the viewers he should get a good cut at it!

can you imagine the the numbers he would get if he got to fight sincitysmallsguys dad  :o
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:14 AM »
if he draws the crowds and the viewers he should get a good cut at it!

can you imagine the the numbers he would get if he got to fight sincitysmallsguys dad  :o
True, I guess it doesn't matter why people pay as long as they do.
E

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »

I think it would be terrible if an internet nobody becomes the highest or one of the highest paid fighter which at this point is a strong possibility.  Promoters are looking at the Kimbo's and the Lesnar's as investment.  They are well known names at least to the general public, that will hopefully act as a gateway for bringing in fans particularly young fans or fans that are not familiar with the sport.  These guys really don't have to win really just show up.  As soon as Kimbo starts losing and believe me he will once he encounters real competition, he will be dropped immediately.  There is a long term strategy in all of this but Promoters might not be aware of the amount of alienation they are breeding.  The athletes who have paid their dues might not take to kindly to nobodies coming in and making double what they are.  Long time fans of MMA might not appreciate their sports being under siege by hordes of fly by night uneducated fans who know very little about the mechanics of MMA.
A

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
as sad as it is to say, kimbo is more well known in the united states, world wide may be a different story, i don't think many brazillians have heard of kimbo

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »
and you guys are forgetting a little the fact of the success of Pride allround the world and the fact that Fedor was the number 1 heavyweight since 2003...

i think he had enought time to gain success around the world...Off course, Kimbo is a internet phenom...but i would say that he may be more famous just in USA

just my opinion
!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »
What a stupid question. Kimbo is probably more well known than 95% of all of MMA fighters.

Couple that with the fact that the majority of MMA fans have absolutely no idea who Fedor is, and I think it's safe to say Kimbo is much bigger draw.

agree...

fedors a mystery to most MMA fans....

kimbo's the second coming of Mr T and the "A" squad.....