Author Topic: Flex Magazine: 20 Best Backs of All Time-- a bone to pick  (Read 46223 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Flex Magazine: 20 Best Backs of All Time-- a bone to pick
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
Answer the question , what makes this list right and that one wrong? I'm waiting  

the visual evidence shows quite clearly that Ronnie had (at his best) a better back than dorian.

its not hard to answer your question, you idiot.. :-\

all the lists and quotes in the world really don't mean jack shit unless real life supports their listings.

eg. if the next list has Frank Zane at the top of the list, what would make THAT list wrong and the this list right?

answer: real life.

we all can see quite clearly that Zane does not have the best back ever, no matter what a list says.

the same can be said with dorian and ronnie: we all can see quite clearly that Ronnie at his best had a better back.

dorian at number two is spot on.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 07:03:19 PM »
ND, here's a hint: ronnie is being gracious and respectful of past champions when he says things like that. multiple people have said that 2001 ASC ronnie was the single greatest appearance on a bodybuilding stage ever, but for some reason you ignore that.

let me guess, when an actor gets up to the podium to accept the oscar and says "i'm just honored to be considered great actors like my fellow nominees", you consider that evidence he should have lost? ::)

ND has no idea what he is talking about.

thats why he bases all of his opinions on lists and quotes, and ignores real life.

he doesn't understand that real life is needed to support claims, otherwise, they are nothing but pure bullshit.

period.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 07:07:05 PM »
multiple people have said that 2001 ASC ronnie was the single greatest appearance on a bodybuilding stage ever, but for some reason you ignore that.

he also ignores the fact that Peter McGough wrote an article about Mr. Olympia appearences advancing the sport, and finished the article with Ronnie 1999 as the final advancement to date (as of 2005).

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_7_23/ai_n15346614

typical of ND.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »
Dorian = best back ever

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 08:42:34 PM »
Stop bein a sore loser.

He's number 2 on the list.

Accept it and shut up.

LOL  :-X

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 09:59:13 PM »
yates had a great back

coleman had the GREATEST back

haneys back was better than yates

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 01:20:01 AM »
tttt
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 01:44:49 AM »
you called me a "troll" in case you forgot, dipshit. I was merely returning the favor. And this "little mind" destroys you in every intellectual discussion. I'm not even being serious when I post in the gossip and opinions board. You would get raped in the religious section by usmokepole and I.

the list from 99 was compiled before the 01 ASC and 03 Mr. Olympia, where many feel Ronnie reached his prime.

No one here is denying how great Dorian's back was. That's why he's the undisputed #2 on Flex's list. However, Ronnie's back is better. ;)

you called me a "troll" in case you forgot, dipshit. I was merely returning the favor. And this "little mind" destroys you in every intellectual discussion. I'm not even being serious when I post in the gossip and opinions board. You would get raped in the religious section by usmokepole and I.

you are a troll thats old news and you don't own shit and never have I taught you about competitive bodybuilding not the other way around , I explained things to YOU I've corrected YOU on many points not the other way around kid you still have much to learn and spare me your ' rape ' fantasies on any topic if your knowledge of religion rivals that of your knowledge on competitive bodybuilding than you would keep getting corrected on that topic as well , but again I don't find you worthy of debate just correction , you'd have to know what the fuck you're talking about in order to debate and on the topic of competitive bodybuilding you've consistently proven you don't know much

the list from 99 was compiled before the 01 ASC and 03 Mr. Olympia, where many feel Ronnie reached his prime.

lmfao before the 01 ASC like that makes a difference , Ronnie's back in 01 is among its smallest albeit much harder & drier than 99 and very comparable to 1998 , and 03  ::) his back was huge and soft especially compared to 01 ASC never mind Dorian Yates and the quote from Ronnie was from 2003 I hope this helps but like you Ronnie's opinion doesn't count because he's ' not bright ' according to you  ::)

No one here is denying how great Dorian's back was. That's why he's the undisputed #2 on Flex's list. However, Ronnie's back is better. ;)

Again this is what makes you a troll because you offer up no explanation , does Ronnie have separated lower & upper traps with striations? NO Yates has better traps , does Ronnie have feathered & striated lower lats like Yates? NO does Ronnie have spinal erectors as sharply defined as Dorian ? NO three areas Ronnie doesn't compare to Yates he does compared depending on the year in thickness & width but he's still down no matter how you look at it , Yates has advantages that Ronnie does NOT and the Flex magazine article doesn't render two Mr Olympia wrong no matter how dumb you think they are  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 01:48:29 AM »
ND, here's a hint: ronnie is being gracious and respectful of past champions when he says things like that. multiple people have said that 2001 ASC ronnie was the single greatest appearance on a bodybuilding stage ever, but for some reason you ignore that.

let me guess, when an actor gets up to the podium to accept the oscar and says "i'm just honored to be considered great actors like my fellow nominees", you consider that evidence he should have lost? ::)

lmfao gracious and respectful  ::) he was neither to Gunther or Jay when they beat him , you ever think he might just being honest? and and I never once ignore the quotes about Ronnie 01 ASC being the best ever , in fact I posted that quote so how is that ignoring it? nice try  ::)

Ronnie's been very critical of Jay & Gunther he wasn't being humble then he was being honest just like when he speaks about Yates , after all Dorian is a man who beat him 8 times Ronnie knows how great Yates is only his nutt-hugging fans don't.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 01:51:27 AM »
he also ignores the fact that Peter McGough wrote an article about Mr. Olympia appearences advancing the sport, and finished the article with Ronnie 1999 as the final advancement to date (as of 2005).

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_7_23/ai_n15346614

typical of ND.. ::)

lmfao you're the idiot ignoring quotes in that quote he specifically states 2001 and NOT 1999 is Ronnie's best showing and what does he say about Dorian and Ronnie 2001?

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

yeah I thought so  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2008, 01:54:01 AM »
the visual evidence shows quite clearly that Ronnie had (at his best) a better back than dorian.

its not hard to answer your question, you idiot.. :-\

all the lists and quotes in the world really don't mean jack shit unless real life supports their listings.

eg. if the next list has Frank Zane at the top of the list, what would make THAT list wrong and the this list right?

answer: real life.

we all can see quite clearly that Zane does not have the best back ever, no matter what a list says.

the same can be said with dorian and ronnie: we all can see quite clearly that Ronnie at his best had a better back.

dorian at number two is spot on.

Visual evidence its clear Yates is blowing Ronnie out of the water , countdown to the excuses ........3...........2... ......1.............go  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 01:58:10 AM »
ND has no idea what he is talking about.

thats why he bases all of his opinions on lists and quotes, and ignores real life.

he doesn't understand that real life is needed to support claims, otherwise, they are nothing but pure bullshit.

period.

No my opinions are based on visual evidence and supplemented with quotes again show me pics that surpass these and stop typing about it , lets go kid put up or shut up , I'm still waiting for pics of Ronnie with striated & separated ( upper & lower traps ) straited & feathered lower lats and spinal erectors this razor sharp this is visual proof of the first order what do you have left?  ;) yeah I thought so

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 02:53:41 AM »
The best Back in my opinion comes down to poses.

Dorian 93 Ronnie 2003.The only pose IMO is the rear double bicep pose that i think Ronnies surpasses Dorian.The rest belong to Dorian no one has come close to his front lat spread pose.Really this is a pissing contest both had the best 2 backs in the sport of Modern BB,call me a Dorian guy but he wins by a nose hair.Flame on.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 04:27:11 AM »
I don't want to debate ronnie vs. dorian again but there are a ton of guys that missed that list IMO.  Aaron Baker not being on there is a crime, his back double bi was one fo the best ever.  Mike Christian, mike quinn, Brian Buchanan and I could probably name a few from the 70's that should have been on there.  I don't get melvin to be honest, yeah his waist is small but I've never heard people rave about his back-buchanan's was better IMO.  David Henry has a better back than melvin IMO. 
nasser=piece of shit

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 05:23:23 AM »
I'm still waiting for pics of Ronnie with striated & separated ( upper & lower traps ) straited & feathered lower lats and spinal erectors this razor sharp this is visual proof of the first order what do you have left?  ;) yeah I thought so

Quite obviously our resident maniac finds that Yates' erectors leave him erect. The fawning's embarassing..."Striated and feathered lower lats"...ROFL get some tissues. :-*

BTW notice in all those shots how tiny the arms look in relation to that torso. ;)

Shredded to the bone in ways Yates never was. Yates never looked liked an anatomy chart like this.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 05:47:31 AM »
Whats with all the troll comments?? ::) my opinion is that Dorians looked more detailed and harder definetly.Id go with Dorian although its only opinion, so everyone should just calm down ;D

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 07:32:14 AM »
you are a troll thats old news and you don't own shit and never have I taught you about competitive bodybuilding not the other way around

::)

I explained things to YOU I've corrected YOU on many points not the other way around kid you still have much to learn and spare me your ' rape ' fantasies on any topic if your knowledge of religion rivals that of your knowledge on competitive bodybuilding than you would keep getting corrected on that topic as well , but again I don't find you worthy of debate just correction , you'd have to know what the fuck you're talking about in order to debate and on the topic of competitive bodybuilding you've consistently proven you don't know much

I've corrected you many times also. What's your point? And your debate skills leave much to be desired hence my comment about you getting verbally raped in the religious section. There are actually some intelligent people who post there.

lmfao before the 01 ASC like that makes a difference , Ronnie's back in 01 is among its smallest albeit much harder & drier than 99 and very comparable to 1998 , and 03 his back was huge and soft especially compared to 01 ASC never mind Dorian Yates and the quote from Ronnie was from 2003 I hope this helps but like you Ronnie's opinion doesn't count because he's ' not bright ' according to you

Ronnie's back at the 01 ASC was huge. You're just playing with semantics to make it seem like he gives up a lot of size to Dorian. Ronnie's back was bigger than Dorian's by 99. So it was probably the same size at the 01 ASC when he competed at a lighter weight. It may have been small for Ronnie, but there's no reason to think it was smaller than Dorian's.

Again this is what makes you a troll because you offer up no explanation , does Ronnie have separated lower & upper traps with striations? NO Yates has better traps , does Ronnie have feathered & striated lower lats like Yates? NO does Ronnie have spinal erectors as sharply defined as Dorian ? NO three areas Ronnie doesn't compare to Yates he does compared depending on the year in thickness & width but he's still down no matter how you look at it , Yates has advantages that Ronnie does NOT and the Flex magazine article doesn't render two Mr Olympia wrong no matter how dumb you think they are

Ronnie's back has better v-taper, left-right symmetry, fullness and lower back thickness, without the disgusting bacne and folds of skin.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2008, 07:40:37 AM »
your debate skills leave much to be desired hence my comment about you getting verbally raped in the religious section.

Getbig's biggest troll Narc Deity with flimsy excuses that change daily is verbally raped on the regular, and clearly enjoys it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2008, 08:11:19 AM »
roy callendar, robby robinson,rory l
F

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »
Joel belongs on the list. Flex's lat spread hurts him big time and he doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.  Cutler no way.  He's got width only. I have no clue why anyone would think he has one of the best backs in bodybuilding today let alone all time. 
Yes, Joel belongs on the list (and the pics the magazine uses of him are awesome!), but third of all time? I don't agree with that. Over Haney???

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2008, 09:17:51 AM »
Yes, Joel belongs on the list (and the pics the magazine uses of him are awesome!), but third of all time? I don't agree with that. Over Haney???

Same here, I would put Haney at third above joel also.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2008, 09:46:13 AM »
Same here, I would put Haney at third above joel also.

I agree with Flex magazine putting Joel Stubbs above Lee Haney. While Haney's back looked more impressive in the back double biceps and front lat spread, the sheer width and thickness of Joel's back when viewed from the rear is overwhelming.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008, 10:00:21 AM »
Stubbs is neck and neck with Yates for 2nd, above Haney. I'd take Yates due to greater muscle maturity but Stubbs has better taper and more muscle so it's close.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »

I've corrected you many times also. What's your point? And your debate skills leave much to be desired hence my comment about you getting verbally raped in the religious section. There are actually some intelligent people who post there.

Ronnie's back at the 01 ASC was huge. You're just playing with semantics to make it seem like he gives up a lot of size to Dorian. Ronnie's back was bigger than Dorian's by 99. So it was probably the same size at the 01 ASC when he competed at a lighter weight. It may have been small for Ronnie, but there's no reason to think it was smaller than Dorian's.

Ronnie's back has better v-taper, left-right symmetry, fullness and lower back thickness, without the disgusting bacne and folds of skin.

::)

yeah I thought so

You most certainly have NOT corrected me especially not on the subject of competitive bodybuilding , I've exposed how little you know countless times and the only reason you mentioned the religious section is because you feel you'd have more luck there and again at this point you're lucky I'm even responding to you , but I do enjoy correcting you

Ronnie's back at 247 pounds was not HUGE it was at among its smallest albeit dense & defined , 2003 his back was huge ( and soft ) and you're damn right he gives up a lot of size when compared to a 269 pound Dorian Yates ! and Ronnie's back was bigger in 99 than Dorians? how the fuck did you come to this conclusion? your dumb ' comparisons ' ? stop typing blanket statements seriously , also keep in mind Ronnie has a small waist & hips that help add to the ILLUSION of width , Dorian's back is wide as fuck even with a thick waist so that should tell to a lot

a better taper doesn't mean his back is better thats weak , spare me the left/right symmetry thats a straw of the first order , fulless ( i.e. softness ) and lower back thickness thats just a retarded statement already dismissed

Dorian's back is better because he has better traps and why? they're bigger especially the lower traps and they're separated and striated , Ronnie's is NOT in the most muscular from the front you can actually see a split , Dorian's traps are denser as well

Dorian's lats are better they insert lower near the waist , they are feathered & striated in a manor that Coleman doesn't compare which is exactly why Yates' x-mass tree blows Ronnie's out of the water

Dorian's lower back is thicker , spinal erectors please look that up Mr Certified Personal Trainer the other reason why Dorian's x-mass tree looks so great and the picture I posted you can't see any acne so again nice try grasping at straws

Dorian has every thing Ronnie has and more hence he has a better back , hence why Team Flex said so in 1999 , among others

and I'm still waiting for pictures of Ronnie's traps striated & separated  , lower lats feathered & striated & spinal erectors razor sharp that surpass this and I'll continue to wait because I've every pic you people posted and nothing matches these

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2008, 10:32:28 AM »
This lacks nothing