Author Topic: Obama's economic plan  (Read 1662 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama's economic plan
« on: February 18, 2008, 03:39:33 PM »
Right from the site....

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/EconomicPolicyFullPlan.pdf

so much for capitalism....some stuff is ok..but on a whole...we're based on free markets. This would be government contol on a massive scale.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Obama's economic plan
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 03:46:06 PM »
Right from the site....

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/EconomicPolicyFullPlan.pdf

so much for capitalism....some stuff is ok..but on a whole...we're based on free markets. This would be government contol on a massive scale.
can you point out the specifics of what you don't like, thanks.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 04:01:27 PM »
Well since I don't feel I can pick and choose..the credit card stuff...those companies screw all of us...so yeah in scew them sort of way I like that..but all the mortgage controls...look if u can't afford a house or anything else for that matter..u should not be be able to buy it. It really effects the rest of us. I like ARMS because as a military guy who moves every 3-4 years it makes sense. I've used them. When I decided to keep one house as a rental property I re-fi'd the loan to a conventional. I ahve a conventional on my current home because I knew I wouldn't be here that long. Had I got an ARM, I'm pretty sure I'd be screwed. Everybody is re-fi'ing. In any event more folks should way in on his plan. I'll dig some more but that's what stands out...also who the hell pays for all this. Why should I be penalized for making over 50 grand....
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
Well since I don't feel I can pick and choose..the credit card stuff...those companies screw all of us...so yeah in scew them sort of way I like that..but all the mortgage controls...look if u can't afford a house or anything else for that matter..u should not be be able to buy it. It really effects the rest of us. I like ARMS because as a military guy who moves every 3-4 years it makes sense. I've used them. When I decided to keep one house as a rental property I re-fi'd the loan to a conventional. I ahve a conventional on my current home because I knew I wouldn't be here that long. Had I got an ARM, I'm pretty sure I'd be screwed. Everybody is re-fi'ing. In any event more folks should way in on his plan. I'll dig some more but that's what stands out...also who the hell pays for all this. Why should I be penalized for making over 50 grand....

Because your 8 hours a day, isnt any more valuable than anothers 8 hours a day. ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
I would consider my 8 hours...ok currently i work from 8-11:30 ..hit the gym and then go home...but when I'm on the road for 15 days..i work 12 hour days or when deployed 12 hour days 7 days a week....So i consider my work very valuable....enough to consider that i and anybody else making over 50 grand should not get screwed for it. I mnetion 50 grand because it comes up alot in his plan.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
I would consider my 8 hours...ok currently i work from 8-11:30 ..hit the gym and then go home...but when I'm on the road for 15 days..i work 12 hour days or when deployed 12 hour days 7 days a week....So i consider my work very valuable....enough to consider that i and anybody else making over 50 grand should not get screwed for it. I mnetion 50 grand because it comes up alot in his plan.

If the roof doesnt leak, and the mac & cheese is hot.    Youre a rich man indeed. 8)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »
There are plenty of people who are eating mac and cheese who have huge houses that they have no business in...u hear that alot.."not sure how I'll afford this house, guess alot of beans and rice..whats the point.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »
There are plenty of people who are eating mac and cheese who have huge houses that they have no business in...u hear that alot.."not sure how I'll afford this house, guess alot of beans and rice..whats the point.

You know, I remember getting at least 5 peices of mail a day with 100,000 printed on a check, saying i was as good as gold and could pick up my check with a signature.
EVERY GOD-DAMN DAY!     Thats called Predatory lending.........baiting. ........Alot of americans fell for it.

You know why this happened right.?   War support was taking a dive, bush was linked to the enron case and the power outages in california.....the list goes on forever.      Well it was a decoy to take the heat off bush.  Well it back-fired because the market didnt have enough strength to roll on past this year before he got out of office............funny as hell actually. 8)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 05:58:56 PM »
GET ON THE OBAMA BUS OR PREPARE TO BE CRUSHED UNDER ITS GLORIOUS ROLLING WHEELS

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:29:23 PM »
If Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) could enact all of his campaign proposals, it would cost $874.35 Billion in new spending !

Democrat Barack Obama said Wednesday that as president he would spend $210 billion to create jobs in construction and environmental industries

Obama’s National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank Will Cost $60 Billion Over Ten Years

Obama’s Energy Plan Will Cost $150 Billion

Obama’s Tax Plan Will Cost Approximately $85 Billion A Year;

Obama Will Increase Our Foreign Assistance Funding By $25 Billion.

Obama Will Provide $2 Billion To Aid Iraqi Refugees.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
thats how much we spend in iraq every month

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
thats how much we spend in iraq every month

What are you talking about? America does not spend over 800 billion a month in Iraq, it's between 6-9 billion.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
What are you talking about? America does not spend over 800 billion a month in Iraq, it's between 6-9 billion.

How about you break down your own Obama figures by years then, dumbass.

Pulling the same shit twice gets old.   ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »
How about you break down your own Obama figures by years then, dumbass.

Pulling the same shit twice gets old.   ::)

It's my bi polar friend. hahaha

I bet your face goes red and you pee yourself a little bit when I post anything positive about Ron Paul and detrimental facts about Obama.

If you don't like the numbers I post about Obama's spending then tell him cause they came straight out of his blue book, sister.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »
It's my bi polar friend. hahaha

I bet your face goes red and you pee yourself a little bit when I post anything positive about Ron Paul and detrimental facts about Obama.

If you don't like the numbers I post about Obama's spending then tell him cause they came straight out of his blue book, sister.

As promised, I pissed on a ROn Paul sign. In fact, I "wrote" OBama on the sign.   A car drove past when I was doing this and i thought I was busted (would have sucked to be arrested for public indecency --> sex offender, all because I was merely expressing my political opinion).  But they musta thought I was admiring the sign or something.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »
As promised, I pissed on a ROn Paul sign. In fact, I "wrote" OBama on the sign.   A car drove past when I was doing this and i thought I was busted (would have sucked to be arrested for public indecency --> sex offender, all because I was merely expressing my political opinion).  But they musta thought I was admiring the sign or something.

$100,000 in ONE HOUR, biatch! Choke on it!  ;D

Arthurshall

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »
Predatory lending is great...taking advantage of the stupid is a good thing.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 07:02:09 AM »
I know, these guys came up with screwing people when Bush came into office....I find it amazing ur tying the war in with assholes trying to rip people off. I guess credit cards didn't exist before 2000. Obama's plan is right there....read it. More Dem bullshit that will continue to bankrupt us. Hil will be bad enough but a little pain to get us back on track won't be a bad thing....this guy will turn us into Europe.
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 08:20:01 AM »

While many people bit off far more than they could chew, the reality is that many people also got scammed.  The easy 'giveaway' mortgages were a scam like any other, only with fancier TV advertising and with the deals taking place in bigger, shinier, more impressive-looking buildings.

Yes, COUNTRYWIDE, I'm talking about you.

People should be very wary of realtors, lenders, and mortgage brokers, but in our society, we grow up thinking of bankers as individuals who can be trusted. 

The problem is that there was no one (who cares) with enough money on the other side of the coin to tell people what NOT to do with...well, their own money. 

Even people who were fully aware of what 'adjustable rate mortgage' meant bought in thinking that home prices would increase linearly forever at the same rate they'd observed from 2001-2005. 

Shit...bbl

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 08:22:37 AM »
I guess u could pay a lawer...I would think that some common sense has to be brought into this. Unless u plan to sell withing the ARMS life, I'm not sure this would ever be a good idea. I've had two ARMS, but I move alot.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »
its all just monopoly money anyway

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 01:04:47 PM »
I guess u could pay a lawer...I would think that some common sense has to be brought into this. Unless u plan to sell withing the ARMS life, I'm not sure this would ever be a good idea. I've had two ARMS, but I move alot.

What's a 'lawer'?  ???

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »
Mr. Volcker has forgotten more about economics than you know... :D

Volcker Joins List of Obama Backers
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, the latest big name to endorse Sen. Barack Obama, could give the Illinois Democrat a boost by lending his gravitas in the financial world to a presidential candidate whose biggest hurdle is to convince voters he is experienced enough.

Paul Volcker
“After 30 years in government, serving under five Presidents of both parties and chairing two non-partisan commissions on the Public Service, I have been reluctant to engage in political campaigns. The time has come to overcome that reluctance,” Volcker, a Democrat, said in a statement today. “However, it is not the current turmoil in markets or the economic uncertainties that have impelled my decision. Rather, it is the breadth and depth of challenges that face our nation at home and abroad. Those challenges demand a new leadership and a fresh approach.”

He concluded: “It is only Barack Obama, in his person, in his ideas, in his ability to understand and to articulate both our needs and our hopes that provide the potential for strong and fresh leadership. That leadership must begin here in America but it can also restore needed confidence in our vision, our strength, and our purposes right around the world.”

President Carter appointed Volcker to Fed chairmanship in 1979 and President Reagan replaced him — with Alan Greenspan — just a couple of months before the 1987 stock market crash. An economist, he was earlier president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York from 1975 to 1979 and an under secretary of the Treasury from 1969 to 1974.

!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »
Mr. Volcker has forgotten more about economics than you know... :D

Volcker Joins List of Obama Backers
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, the latest big name to endorse Sen. Barack Obama, could give the Illinois Democrat a boost by lending his gravitas in the financial world to a presidential candidate whose biggest hurdle is to convince voters he is experienced enough.

Paul Volcker
“After 30 years in government, serving under five Presidents of both parties and chairing two non-partisan commissions on the Public Service, I have been reluctant to engage in political campaigns. The time has come to overcome that reluctance,” Volcker, a Democrat, said in a statement today. “However, it is not the current turmoil in markets or the economic uncertainties that have impelled my decision. Rather, it is the breadth and depth of challenges that face our nation at home and abroad. Those challenges demand a new leadership and a fresh approach.”

He concluded: “It is only Barack Obama, in his person, in his ideas, in his ability to understand and to articulate both our needs and our hopes that provide the potential for strong and fresh leadership. That leadership must begin here in America but it can also restore needed confidence in our vision, our strength, and our purposes right around the world.”

President Carter appointed Volcker to Fed chairmanship in 1979 and President Reagan replaced him — with Alan Greenspan — just a couple of months before the 1987 stock market crash. An economist, he was earlier president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York from 1975 to 1979 and an under secretary of the Treasury from 1969 to 1974.

Bernanke and greenspan were just bush strokers.......hope to see some realistic ideas soon. 8)