Author Topic: "Kimbo's fucking beard should be illegal in MMA."  (Read 5457 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: "Kimbo's fucking beard should be illegal in MMA."
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »
i don't remember who he fought.  It was one of his later fights tho. It have to trimm his beard because, they said it provided protection. 

cool, i haven't watched his recent fights.

having hair on your chin does not protect your chin. that's retarded (although i have no doubt that was the ignorant explanation). there's a lot of nerve endings on the chin and when you deliver a blow on the point, it doesn't need to be hard at all (just a nice snappy strike), it will interrupt the transmitters to the brain and all of a sudden you don't have legs anymore. a beard is not going to prevent this.

a beard may reduce cuts somewhat but then your corner are going to have difficulty (during 1 minute) if/when you do get cut, to seal it up properly.

ChinoXL

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 04:29:10 PM »
Fuck that.  Let's see Kimbo vs. Brett Rogers.   8)

man did i call this one or what

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »
EliteXC tries to build up their "showcase" fighters by feeding them fighters with subpar skills. Gina Carano has yet to fight a top female fighter. Rumor has it that several top flight females contenders were turned down because they were better skilled than Carano. She's darn cute though.

I know there's interest in keeping her 'undefeated' as long as possible, but Kaitlin Young has skills and laid some punishing blows on Gina last night.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
cool, i haven't watched his recent fights.

having hair on your chin does not protect your chin. that's retarded (although i have no doubt that was the ignorant explanation). there's a lot of nerve endings on the chin and when you deliver a blow on the point, it doesn't need to be hard at all (just a nice snappy strike), it will interrupt the transmitters to the brain and all of a sudden you don't have legs anymore. a beard is not going to prevent this.

a beard may reduce cuts somewhat but then your corner are going to have difficulty (during 1 minute) if/when you do get cut, to seal it up properly.

it's not that it protects the chin like a pad, it's that it makes it hard to figure out where the hell his chin is. i mean, for me it wouldn't make fuck-all of difference because i have all the precision of a catapult sitting on a skateboard, but at the top level a huge beard can really throw you off.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 11:08:21 PM »
If Kimbos beard is so thick it is like headgear how about Thompsons ear.  Hell that was thicker than any headgear.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 11:52:22 PM »
I was kind of hoping that ear would just fall off