Author Topic: "Kimbo's fucking beard should be illegal in MMA."  (Read 5468 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
"Kimbo's fucking beard should be illegal in MMA."
« on: February 18, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »
I rarely read anything posted on Sherdog... but this guy is pure gold!

" Originally Posted by Ahee. GX  View Post
Its thicker then headguard. its stupid. It will do more for your performance then roids...
Roids wont help your chin, kimbo's beard will."

"Kimbo's fucking beard should be illegal in MMA. Its thicker then a headguard for hells sake."

;D
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: "Kimbo's fucking beard should be illegal in MMA."
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:12:10 PM »
I find that hard to believe.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 04:17:18 PM »
It didn't make much of a difference when he was dropping Tank like third period French.  I don't think he has even been hit cleanly yet in an MMA match, I will form my own opinion when he fights somebody worth a damn.
Predictions
 40/61

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
I will form my own opinion when he fights somebody worth a damn.
What's taking so long for this to happen? Now I hear talk of Shamrock for Kimbo, why not someone younger and in their prime? Does Elite even have anyone his own age to fight him?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »
What's taking so long for this to happen? Now I hear talk of Shamrock for Kimbo, why not someone younger and in their prime? Does Elite even have anyone his own age to fight him?

good management.

more money for kimbo to clean out the ex-champions (with big names but no heart beat) than the novice division.

bas will give him a very good fight plan for shamrock.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »

EliteXC and it's affiliates (Cage Rage,King of the Cage,Icon,Sprit,Strikeforce) actually have a decent pool of Hw's to choose from.  I actually would like to see Paul Buentello/Kimbo it would be a pretty decent step up for Kimbo without throwing him out of his element (plus I think Paul would check his chin).  Ken is too old already, and a pretty small Hw, I just want to see him lose to his bro and retire.
Predictions
 40/61

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
When was the last time tank won a fight, seriously?
I've seen him get his ass beat more times in the past 10 years.
even in his prime he wasn't that great.
Have that silly #### fight Fedor, Chuck, or any other fighter worth a damn.
Sure, Kimbo is a good streetfighter, and could beat all of our asses, but get
him in the ring with someone technical, and he'll get his ass whooped.

true, tank is one of those guys that won fights more for his physicality and intimidation than skill. in fact, as i said before the fight, kimbo has better stand-up skills than tank.

tank was a great fighter in his day, don't get me wrong, but the problem with the guys relying more on physical attributes than working on their craft is that they don't have long shelf lives. obviously his career is still going but he's more an entertainer now than a fighter.

kimbo will never be ready for fedor. there just isn't enough time left for him to attain the skill to be competitive with him. i would say the same about randy but i think randy's got to get old...soon...i think ???

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:12:53 PM »
EliteXC and it's affiliates (Cage Rage,King of the Cage,Icon,Sprit,Strikeforce) actually have a decent pool of Hw's to choose from.  I actually would like to see Paul Buentello/Kimbo it would be a pretty decent step up for Kimbo without throwing him out of his element (plus I think Paul would check his chin).  Ken is too old already, and a pretty small Hw, I just want to see him lose to his bro and retire.
Very nice ! I completely forgot about Buentello.. That would absolutely be something to watch .

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
EliteXC tries to build up their "showcase" fighters by feeding them fighters with subpar skills. Gina Carano has yet to fight a top female fighter. Rumor has it that several top flight females contenders were turned down because they were better skilled than Carano. She's darn cute though.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 06:51:37 AM »
EliteXC tries to build up their "showcase" fighters by feeding them fighters with subpar skills. Gina Carano has yet to fight a top female fighter. Rumor has it that several top flight females contenders were turned down because they were better skilled than Carano. She's darn cute though.

My cousin trains with her. She is a very cute girl.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »

Buentello v Kimbo would be good.  Paul would murder Kimbo...
w

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 08:55:50 AM »
buentello called kimbo out over a year ago

here he does it again more recently

“People want to see it. I think everybody wants to see it. Me and Kimbo should lace up the gloves. Everybody wants to see it and I think it’s time. He’s fighting all the guys I’ve already knocked out and I’ve already exposed. He needs to get off that buffet line I put out there and come over to my Paul Buentello taco shop and see if we can get to work.”
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »
buentello called kimbo out over a year ago

here he does it again more recently

“People want to see it. I think everybody wants to see it. Me and Kimbo should lace up the gloves. Everybody wants to see it and I think it’s time. He’s fighting all the guys I’ve already knocked out and I’ve already exposed. He needs to get off that buffet line I put out there and come over to my Paul Buentello taco shop and see if we can get to work.”

Kimbo would murder Paul. I want to see him fight Big Nog, Fedor, Kongo etc.
E

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
Kimbo would murder Paul. I want to see him fight Big Nog, Fedor, Kongo etc.

no you don't

ChinoXL

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 07:58:34 AM »
Fuck that.  Let's see Kimbo vs. Brett Rogers.   8)

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »
When was the last time tank won a fight, seriously?
I've seen him get his ass beat more times in the past 10 years.
even in his prime he wasn't that great.
Have that silly #### fight Fedor, Chuck, or any other fighter worth a damn.
Sure, Kimbo is a good streetfighter, and could beat all of our asses, but get
him in the ring with someone technical, and he'll get his ass whooped.

I am in no way supporting Kimbo, however I doubt he will be getting his ass beat anytime soon.  Hes working with Randy and hes strong as fuck.  We shall see...
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

nuyork143

• Getbig III
  • Ill get inside your face...
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 08:22:09 AM »
the sooner he fights a REAL figher, the sooner he WILL get his ass beat.

OK genius tell me who this REAL fighter is then...
Listen here SMALL BALLS!!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »
OK genius tell me who this REAL fighter is then...

Vera, Arlovski, Red-Neck Silvia, Monson, Werdum, Gonzaga, Minotauro, Couture, Congo, Barnet on and on.   
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
The beard stays.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 05:55:43 AM »
we need more kick to the head ko's !!  >:(
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 07:15:49 AM »
I'm guessing this beard was originally a joke though, insulting his crazy pube chin.

His beard isn't going to seriously affect getting sloshed in the jaw.

Just food for thought.. The only fight kimbo lost was to Gannon.

He lost this fight because something aside from brawling was involved.

Get him in the ring with someone who has good legwork, and he's fucked.

One kick to the head and LIGHTS OUT.

to be fair, he has improved since gannon.

he won't be fighting anyone on that list anytime soon. why would he when he can make big money with stiffs?

guy's a gimmick with a huge fan base thanks to youtube, etc.

no way his management lets their cash cow get exposed by a technition like couture or via a boring shut out by silva's jab.

'will the next tomato can please line up.'

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
My point is... the kimbo vs. gannon fight would be similar to something like
watching Kimbo Vs. Mir NOW.....

Mir is not longer the best of the best... and kimbo has improved.
Mir would beat him.

If it wasn't for Kimbo now having management, I really think he would be trying to headhunt the big guns.
Because he truely believes he can beat ANYONE.
The guy is too full of himself to turn down a fight with a big name guy, esp if shit talking was involved.

He's the typical hoodlum, convict, who can scrap.

you're right but i just wonder how much of that 'i'll fight anyone' bravado is just part of his hype machine?

his management are doing a fantastic job of keeping this illusion alive and the public are eating it up. you've got to remember that many buying tickets still believe wwe is real and rocky balboa is the baddest man on the planet (well, ok, maybe that bit's a stretch).

mark my words, no way in hell is kimbo going to fight a live opponent, especially with excellent grappling skills anytime soon. i still can't believe brock was fed to mir. is dana interested in making money or proving ufc is better than wwe? ::) obviously kimbo's management has more of a clue about marketing than dana or maybe dana's vanity and ego is unravelling him? ;)

kimbo is pure hype. look for another ex-fighter or tomato can without a pulse as his next opponent (and believe me, they will have a doctor check and make sure there is no pulse).

they also need to get a decent ref to do something about those rabbit punches to the back of the head. i can't believe they're letting him get away with this. i have no doubt this is a ruten trick as bas is an absolute snake in the cage and he knows that those shots will take more juice out of an opponent than any kick to the nuts. shots to the brain stem will have an opponent on queer street for the rest of the fight and a good while after and kimbo knows he can get enough of them in to do the job without getting penalized.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »
He does have a very manly thick beard tho. ;D
Does any remember when the made holyfield trim his beard?
A

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 09:41:38 PM »
He does have a very manly thick beard tho. ;D
Does any remember when the made holyfield trim his beard?

i don't remember holyfield having a beard. i mean, you're probably right but i don't remember.

the beard gets trimmed because when you get in close (grapple or clinch) the beard bristles can scratch you eyes which can obvioulsy affect the outcome of the fight.

however, pro fighting is about entertainment first, so if a guy is more marketable with his beard, the sanctioning bodies will give a pass. it's a dirty business and i really do think the beard (particularly his thick and coarse beard) gives him an unfair advantage for the aforementioned reasons.

he seems to be getting a pass on rabbit punches aswell so kimbo has a couple more weapons in his arsenal.

i never blame a pro fighter for doing his job because his job is not the welfare of his opponent. that's the ref's job and the guys making the rules and, frankly, they're not doing their job. i'm actually pretty pissed about these issues so i might even see a political watchdog or something and show him kimbo's last couple of fights where he completely gets away with blatant rabbit punches.

maybe his next opponent figures, 'ok, you've got a pass with that extra weapon, so i'm hiding a small blade in my hair and we'll see what transpires.' ;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 10:50:29 PM »
i don't remember holyfield having a beard. i mean, you're probably right but i don't remember.

the beard gets trimmed because when you get in close (grapple or clinch) the beard bristles can scratch you eyes which can obvioulsy affect the outcome of the fight.

however, pro fighting is about entertainment first, so if a guy is more marketable with his beard, the sanctioning bodies will give a pass. it's a dirty business and i really do think the beard (particularly his thick and coarse beard) gives him an unfair advantage for the aforementioned reasons.

he seems to be getting a pass on rabbit punches aswell so kimbo has a couple more weapons in his arsenal.

i never blame a pro fighter for doing his job because his job is not the welfare of his opponent. that's the ref's job and the guys making the rules and, frankly, they're not doing their job. i'm actually pretty pissed about these issues so i might even see a political watchdog or something and show him kimbo's last couple of fights where he completely gets away with blatant rabbit punches.

maybe his next opponent figures, 'ok, you've got a pass with that extra weapon, so i'm hiding a small blade in my hair and we'll see what transpires.' ;D

i don't remember who he fought.  It was one of his later fights tho. It have to trimm his beard because, they said it provided protection. 
A