Author Topic: Andy Pettitte - you pussy!  (Read 3281 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Andy Pettitte - you pussy!
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »

Howie, if anyone gave a crap about 'natural' contests, they'd be more popular with bodybuilding fans.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 09:42:53 AM »
Howie, if anyone gave a crap about 'natural' contests, they'd be more popular with bodybuilding fans.

On the practical merits of your point I agree 100%.
I am talking from the idealistic "cheap seats".

Would you at least be willing to admit that if ( a big if) all the top guys/gals followed the drug rules and the fans gave them their support, we would be a lot better off a sport?!
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »
On the practical merits of your point I agree 100%.
I am talking from the idealistic "cheap seats".

Would you at least be willing to admit that if ( a big if) all the top guys/gals followed the drug rules and the fans gave them their support, we would be a lot better off a sport?!

I really think the "sport" as you call it would be better off.  You would have physiques that look like they are attainable.  So more people would be able to identify with the physique.  The fags prob wouldn't like it though.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »
I really think the "sport" as you call it would be better off.  You would have physiques that look like they are attainable.  So more people would be able to identify with the physique.  The fags prob wouldn't like it though.

I am not going to comment on any fans sexual nature, as witty as that was in your post.

But you are correct that OVERALL the sport would have a lot more mainstream appeal.
The hardcore bunch is small , vocal group, that prefers the freaks .
Ending extreme drug use, ends the freaks. Where do they go after that?
hmmmmmmmmmm?

This is like the direction and platform of a poltical party.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 10:41:06 AM »
 ;)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 02:46:09 PM »
At the end pf the day, I just want to attend good pro events and see quality physiques on the pro stage.
I would prefer it, if the pros I admire took less health risks, but they are big boys and can make their own decisions.

On to the Arnold baby!       Howard

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »
 guys.. when the competitors were having more "attainable" physiques the public still did not care.. when zane, dickerson, samir, ect ect were winning the o at under 200 pounds, no one cared.. this endevor does not appeall to mainstream.. never has never will.. howie, i understand your argument.. but, one has to remember that seeing physiques that are not attainable is the attraction.. no one is shunning basketball because the top guys are 6'7 and over.. and they do moves that no one can imagine.. no one is asking that sport to "dumb down" the competitors so the general public feels better about themselves.. and it does not stop guys under 6 foot from playing pick up games.. they are still fans knowing full well that tthey can never achieve that... when i pay to see a show, i want to see physiques that buggle the mind.. i dont want to see a waterred down physqiue so can believe it is attainable.. if ya know what i mean.. as for the hardcore crowd being small but vocal.. if you attain the events that i do, the only one keeping this "sport" alive is the hardcore.. they pay to see the events.. the buy the magazines.. they take the supplements ect ect.. "mainstream is not going to pay for seats.. supps, and magazines.. it has no appeal to them..

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
howard, you still dating the ex?   me and the boys miss those pics of her.
Addicted to the Steal