Author Topic: Phil Heath takes a few shots at Dennis Wolf  (Read 18234 times)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Re: Phil Heath takes a few shots at Dennis Wolf
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »
Sick pic from FLEXblog...

UNBELIEVABLE

PERFECT IMO

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »
how do you figure?

It's the package.  Phil Heath embodies the best of what modern-day bodybuilding has to offer.  He has the perfect combination of size and detail to give anyone a run for their money fully dialed in and he's getting ready to do it for the Arnold; you guys are gonna see...Heath actually has the short-term potential to look much better than he did at the Ironman.  People were impressed when Wheeler won the Ironman in '93 but the Arnold 2 weeks later cemented his legacy in the sport.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 02:49:02 PM »
It's getting similar to the start of the Dorian Yates - Flex Wheeler rivalry all over again. In one corner, we have Heath, who has great momentum, shape, size and conditioning - the great American hope. In the other, we have Wolf, who is an enigma, but has shown everyone that he is capable of winning the whole thing if he improves 10% (which the 1 year hiatus from competition can very well let him do). It's good to see 2 top guys in shape who are still young and who obviously have worked to get their physiques to such as a stage (as opposed to others who are just bloated due to their drug intake and not training).

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »
People forget that Dennis got 5th at the Olympia. How is he going to leapfrog into contention this year? I recall that Kamali 'beat' him not so long ago.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 03:07:52 PM »
People forget that Dennis got 5th at the Olympia. How is he going to leapfrog into contention this year? I recall that Kamali 'beat' him not so long ago.

Ronnie went from 9th in 1997 to 1st in 1998. If the competition's poor and the guy's dialed in for the night while having improved markedly from his previous year's showing, it's very possible Mr Basile.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »
All I am saying is that it is one thing to agree on who was best last year and another to see where these people placed. Dennis hasn't had a fair go in the IFBB yet, except for the contest he did win last year.

We have been disappointed year after year with the Olympia results so perhaps we should expect more of the same this year. It has little to do with who looks the best. Phil looks like the more complete package at this stage compared to Dennis. However, we haven't seen anything of Dennis lately so can't really be objective here. Whether either will be rewarded at the Olympia is doubtful.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »
Those Heath pics are fucking insane,  but he's still gonna get stomped by Wolf.

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
heath would be unbelievable if he had the chest of say johnny jackson

his strengths/weaknesses remind me of lee priest

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »

How can you complain about bullshit judging in one thread and then bring this up, along with the hilarious scenario that occurred a year or two ago when Kamali got a giant gift in the form of being placed ahead of wolf?  Do you really believe Kamali beat Wolf?

The guys ahead of Wolf haven't really improved (one - ronnie is "retired", another injured - vic) so I'm not sure how you could ever wonder how he will come into contention when he is the only bodybuilder of the 5 "on the up" so to speak.  According to your own (strange) logic he is now in top 3 contention and should come in better condition this year.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 07:22:30 PM »
ALL HYPE!!  being groomed by the WEIDER boys to get more supplement sales and get WEIDER NUTRITION more recognized over muslcetech stuff.  Victor will be back...........two big black guys on stage duking it out on stage should be fun to see.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2008, 08:46:27 PM »
I think Heath looks incredible!  Unbelievable at the Ironman.

Wolf has room to continue to add more mass to his frame...thats scary.  With spot on conditioning and another 10 lbs, he is fighting for this year's Mr. O IMO.  Heath looks incredible with the extra 10lbs or so this year, he's nearly perfect right now.  He could add a few more lbs (though, he doesn't need it).  If he tries to add another 15-20lbs, I'll bet he starts to look worse...distended abdomen, larger midsection overall and separation starts to go.  Each frame can only hold so much muscle.  Heath isn't real wide in the clavicals and shoulders, thats his only genetic limitation.  Even with that, I believe he is top 3-4 at the Mr. O this year.

And he has pec limitations...much like Flex did...
I hate the State.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:03 PM »
Heath also lived and trained with Cutler so for him to give credit to Wolf could be a slap in the face to Jay.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 10:43:51 PM »
Wolf owns Heath...The ONLY thing Heath has on Wolf...is Calves.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »
Are you a better, more complete bodybuilder than Dennis Wolf?

I feel like I'm carrying the torch for the younger guys.  He doesn't come in as hard as I do.  People thought he WON the Olympia- I didn't think so. 

At 100% condition - who wins, you vs. Wolf?

I feel I win on conditioning - I haven't seen anyone harder than myself.  Also separation, I could beat him on, I am more separated in the legs.  Overall fullness- Every one of my bodyparts is striated and has a good flow to it.

Arrogant asshole
!

Rottmag

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 10:59:53 PM »
Front DB - Phil (no contest)
Front Lat spread - Wolf (no contest)
Side chest - tough (both strong)
Side triceps - tough (both strong)
AbsThighs - Wolf (no contest)
Back DB - Wolf (no contest)
Back Lat Spread - Wolf (no contest)
Most Muscular - Wolf (no contest)

Hope this helps :)

That's a matter of opinion... and yours doesn't matter.

Hope this helps.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 11:04:09 PM »
That's a matter of opinion... and yours doesn't matter.

Hope this helps.
I agree heere!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 11:45:45 PM »
His back can only spread so far given his width.  Backs win the O.  Yeah...he can win the Arnold like Dexter, Ray and others.  He isnt as full as Ray, not even close, and doesnt look as nice as Flex or Kevin.  He is somewhere inbetween the two. He should grab 3-4 Arnolds over his career and a couple of 2nd place finishes at the O.  He is excellent, but the O title shouldnt go to overblown swimmers.  Flex didnt get it, he shouldnt either.  He took out alot of 2nd-tier bbers at the Ironman at 216 as he did at the Colorado Pro at 205 or whatever. Cormier and Flex made a career out of $10,000 shows vs 2nd tier guys.
 If Dex is dry...he shouldnt win...just on his chest and lack of balance with those Ronnie Coleman arms on Richard Jones. 

If he wins the O...I'm sorry but it's about his rep vs Vic given he was a D-1 second string ball player, and the IFBB could sell him nice which is good for his bank account.

Jay refends this year.  Vic should win the next 2-3.  F##k the criminal stuff.  NBA, NHL and NFL are full on probation MVPs.  If Wolf doenst mass up or there is a mass monster out there on his way up he should be a 2-4 time O.  Maybe Phil grabs one at the end of someone's reign.     
Oh...Monica!

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 01:10:39 AM »
I think in the long run IF Wolf continues to fill out, that
his structure will win out over Phil's genetic gifts.
Genetically Phil has the ability to get seperated/striated like
few can. I don't think Wolf can ever achieve the seperations/striations
that Heath can. I do disagree with GH that Phil has no WOW factor.
His arms, legs and striations/conditioning in my opinion do have a wow factor to them.
Just like Ronnie in 2003, who was so big and muscular that he dominated everyone!; although
he had lost some things in the process that made him a great bodybuilder.
I think Wolf has that kind of structure that when finally filled out will just dominate
when others stand next to him. That is a big if he fills it out completely.

By the way..I don't think Wolf's high lats hurt him too much in the rear lat spread.

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2008, 01:49:18 AM »
It is really hard to find any major flaws on this latest incarnation of Heath. For a pro bodybuilder he might be, structurally, a little narrow but not overwhelmingly so - kind of like Levrone. But then in a myriad of other ways he is simply superb. Wolf is incredible but does have a few glaring weaknesses - ie calves and slightly long torso (the latter somewhat masked by his immense width). Other than his amazing width and size, and perhaps the quad sweep, no bodyparts have Heath's wow factor either eg the arms are huge but lack the balance and cable like muscle quality of Heath's; but the importance of width in bodybuilding competition cannot be overstated either. If Heath can stack up to Wolf in direct comparisons (read, not be totally blown away by Wolf's width) he can take him. Given the way in which Wolf dwarfed Cutler, that's not a given.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2008, 02:25:49 AM »
I think in the long run IF Wolf continues to fill out, that
his structure will win out over Phil's genetic gifts.
Genetically Phil has the ability to get seperated/striated like
few can. I don't think Wolf can ever achieve the seperations/striations
that Heath can. I do disagree with GH that Phil has no WOW factor.
His arms, legs and striations/conditioning in my opinion do have a wow factor to them.
Just like Ronnie in 2003, who was so big and muscular that he dominated everyone!; although
he had lost some things in the process that made him a great bodybuilder.
I think Wolf has that kind of structure that when finally filled out will just dominate
when others stand next to him. That is a big if he fills it out completely.

By the way..I don't think Wolf's high lats hurt him too much in the rear lat spread.

NEVER EVER COMPARE THE KID WITH RON COLMAN,,ITS LIKE YOU WILL TAKE THE KID AND COMPARE HIM WITH ARNOLD,,ITS UNHEARD OFF,,PHIL HEATTH DOESNT HAVE THE GENETIC FRAM CAPACITY OR STRENGTH TO EVER BE AT THE LEVEL OF RON COLMAN OR ARNOLD ,,,NOR DOES HE HAVE ANY WOW FACTOR LIKE COLMAN BICEP PEAKS AND COLMAN INCREDIBLE PECS AND WIDNESS,,ARNOLD ALSO HAD THE WOW FACTOR BOTH ARMS AND CHEST ,,ONE OF THEM ITS NOT ENOUGH FOR WOW FACTOR,,

YOU HAVE TO HAVE 2 BODY PARTS FOR WOW FACTOR AND THOSE 2 BODYPARTS BETTER BE HIGH PEACKED WHEN IT COMS TO ARMS AND FULL WIDE AND THICK WHEN IT COMES TO CHEST,,PHIL HEATH HAS NEITHER NO WOW ARMS ONLY SLABS OF DETAILED MUSCLE BUT STILL VERY MUCH SLABS OF MUSCLE AND HIS CHEST IS BAD,,

NEVER THE LESS HEATH WITHIMPROVED CHEST WILL = MR 0 NOW DAYS

REMEMBER FRIENDS THERE ARE NO WALKING BODYBUILDERS ON EARTH THAT CAN MATCH ARNOLD AND RON ,,THOSE 2 WERE GENETICALLY FRAMED WELL,,AGAIN NOT GENETICS! BUT GENETICALLY FRAMED WELL! IN ADDITION TO PHNOMINAL RESPOND TO HORMONES WITH VERY HIGH TOLARENCE TO ORALS AND SOLUTIONS

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER RON OR ANY BETTER THAN RON SAME AS THERE WAS NEVER BEEN ANOTHER ARNOLD AND NEVER WILL BE

HEATH IS SOMEWHERE AT THE LEVEL OF MELVIN ANTONY ,,CAN MAKE A DECENT O CHAMP ,,BETTER THAN JASON BUT NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT ,,,HEATH  ALSO DOESNT SCREAM STRENGTH ,,WHEN YOU SAW ARNOLD AND RON ENTER A PLACE IT SCREAMS STRNGTH ,,YOU CAN TELL BOTH ARNOLD AND RON IN THEIR RELATIVE TIME WERE AS STRONG AS POWERLIFTERS IF NOT MORE,,INFACT THEY WERE POWERLIFTERS IN MANY WAYS,,DORIAN TOO
fallen angel

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2008, 02:42:12 AM »
His back can only spread so far given his width.  Backs win the O.  Yeah...he can win the Arnold like Dexter, Ray and others.  He isnt as full as Ray, not even close, and doesnt look as nice as Flex or Kevin.  He is somewhere inbetween the two. He should grab 3-4 Arnolds over his career and a couple of 2nd place finishes at the O.  He is excellent, but the O title shouldnt go to overblown swimmers.  Flex didnt get it, he shouldnt either.  He took out alot of 2nd-tier bbers at the Ironman at 216 as he did at the Colorado Pro at 205 or whatever. Cormier and Flex made a career out of $10,000 shows vs 2nd tier guys.
 If Dex is dry...he shouldnt win...just on his chest and lack of balance with those Ronnie Coleman arms on Richard Jones. 

If he wins the O...I'm sorry but it's about his rep vs Vic given he was a D-1 second string ball player, and the IFBB could sell him nice which is good for his bank account.

Jay refends this year.  Vic should win the next 2-3.  F##k the criminal stuff.  NBA, NHL and NFL are full on probation MVPs.  If Wolf doenst mass up or there is a mass monster out there on his way up he should be a 2-4 time O.  Maybe Phil grabs one at the end of someone's reign.     

no one is going to believe you or want to....

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2008, 03:31:04 AM »
it's message board.  :-\   does it matter?  i cant remember the nonsense i write on this board within 1 hour. 

hope the above helps.
Oh...Monica!

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2008, 04:16:04 AM »
 you can not improve your frame.. dennis has that in spades.. phil is good.. but, not much else can come of it.. frame is too narrow..back can only get as wide as his frame will allow.. :-\

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2008, 04:20:56 AM »
Front DB - Phil (no contest)
Front Lat spread - Wolf (no contest)
Side chest - tough (both strong)
Side triceps - tough (both strong)
AbsThighs - Wolf (no contest)
Back DB - Wolf (no contest)
Back Lat Spread - Wolf (no contest)
Most Muscular - Wolf (no contest)

Hope this helps :)

Phil wins side triceps shot.. Wolf does not have details in triceps
I am a mini beast

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2008, 06:38:03 AM »
Wolf owns Heath...The ONLY thing Heath has on Wolf...is Calves.

Calves and id say arms also  ;)