Author Topic: Dexter defeats Phil at the Arnold Classic (by flex wheeler)  (Read 1203 times)

whitecamaross

• Getbig II
Dexter defeats Phil at the Arnold Classic (by flex wheeler)
« on: February 19, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
i dont know if you saw the flex wheeler interview where he was asked to predict the outcome of the arnold classic. He went on to say that Dexter will indeed win the arnold classic just because he has a much more mature physique and phil still has flaws. He dared anyone to bet against him and i would to agree with him. Phil has no chance against a dexter jackson. Dexter has been a very consistent competitor and he really knows how to play his cards right at the Arnold. If anyone knows the Arnold today, it is Dexter.  If we both look at their physiques, for one dexter has more muscle maturity, a much much better chest and back than phil. Dexters abs are perfect as to where phil has a weird looking midsection sporting a 4 pack instead of something close to perfection like Dexter. as far as conditioning, well we all know who the king today is in that department. Phil does have better arms and better calves, but can you honestly say you win the arnold just based on arms and calves? Phil does indeed have very similar conditioning to Dexters, but dexter is Phil's standard.
Flex wheeler even went on the record to say that if the gustavo baddell we all saw beat ronnie in 2004 in the challenge round stepped on stage in this arnold classic, it would be lights out for Phil heath.
I would have to say that it is absolutely true just because gustavo has much more muscle and phil isnt dwarfing gustavo. HIs conditioning along with good proportions is whats winning shows for him. Gustavo has more than enough potential to beat a phil heath, but i do have to say that it wont be long before phil untaps all his potential and then the story reverses itself.
Here is what i predict for the arnold:
1- dexter jackson
2- Gustavo baddell (if he comes in like he did in 04. he looks to be on the right path again..)
3- phil heath (if gustavo dials it in...if not then i see phil in second)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Re: Dexter defeats Phil at the Arnold Classic (by flex wheeler)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »
My predictions

1 Dex
2 Phil
3 Gus
4 Kai
5 Toney ( i feel Palumbo will tighten him up in time for the ASC )

whitecamaross

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
also, i hope we all agree here that Gustavo Badell is brought back his A game. he is back with size and just needs to get his conditioning dialed in.  Gustavo cant be overlooked and if he does nail his conditioning in two weeks, Phil should be worried about Gustavo. Having said that, if Gustavo takes second at the arnold, He brings oustanding momentum once again towards the Olympia. It puts him in the spotlight and could potentially be in the top 4 at the O.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »
Phil will win the Iron man easy.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:48:08 PM »
Phil will prevail...Dexter's lats are way too high (weak back overall)...his skin is blotchy...his calves don't measure up...his quads are not as separated as Phil's...he is as narrow as Phil so no advantage there...AND he has the most awkward facial expression when he poses.

rick brophy

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:57:58 PM »
Dexter is an MD athlete, Heath isn't.

/thread.