Author Topic: Has anyone ever gone No Carb (and I mean literally 0) for an extended period of  (Read 6461 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
You need some carbs for proper protein absorbtion. Carb cycling is the way to go.

so you would recomend to like split the week up with like 3 days no carbs 4th day carb up and the next three no carbs again?  see i have honestly done a no carb diet and felt fine with it...although it does take some getting use to...what would you recomend...?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
so you would recomend to like split the week up with like 3 days no carbs 4th day carb up and the next three no carbs again?  see i have honestly done a no carb diet and felt fine with it...although it does take some getting use to...what would you recomend...?

Yeah everyone is different. Basically follow this, HIGH CARB, LOW CARB, NO CARB. Go for 2 days each, and pick which one (high, low, no) you will do for 3 days. Basically you can do whatever you want, but just have high, low and no days for carbs. Keep protein high always. Fats moderate.

I prefer this diet over simple no carb as it allows for variety, and is somewhat easier.

At saying all this, I'm not against no carb diets, but you have to remember that you are totally eliminating an entire macronutrient. Thats a lot for the body to deal with. I feel that with proper training and cardio, carb cycling is a better diet IMO.
No doubt about it...

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Yeah everyone is different. Basically follow this, HIGH CARB, LOW CARB, NO CARB. Go for 2 days each, and pick which one (high, low, no) you will do for 3 days. Basically you can do whatever you want, but just have high, low and no days for carbs. Keep protein high always. Fats moderate.

I prefer this diet over simple no carb as it allows for variety, and is somewhat easier.

At saying all this, I'm not against no carb diets, but you have to remember that you are totally eliminating an entire macronutrient. Thats a lot for the body to deal with. I feel that with proper training and cardio, carb cycling is a better diet IMO.

yea man i get what your saying but i do know that the no carb works and i think i am going to go with it but this time instead of doing 6 no carb days and one cheat day where i pretty much just ate regular i think im going to go three no carbs then one carb up then three more no carbs with no cheats...thanks for your input though....

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
yea man i get what your saying but i do know that the no carb works and i think i am going to go with it but this time instead of doing 6 no carb days and one cheat day where i pretty much just ate regular i think im going to go three no carbs then one carb up then three more no carbs with no cheats...thanks for your input though....

That sounds fine. Any variation is fine, as long as there is no carb days and higher carb days. If your preparing for a show or something, then cutting can be complicated, but if you just wanna lose some bodyfat, its easy to find something that works well.
No doubt about it...

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
That sounds fine. Any variation is fine, as long as there is no carb days and higher carb days. If your preparing for a show or something, then cutting can be complicated, but if you just wanna lose some bodyfat, its easy to find something that works well.

no im not preping for a show just wantinf to melt off some fat that i put on in my "bulking cycle" which was successful my strength and some size went up but i found it impossible to not get some fat know matter how much i tried to conintually tweak my diet to gain as much muscle as possible...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Yup...2 weeks no carbs and after you are that you totally in ketosis, then you can carb up once a week.

I think physiologically doing only two or so days without carbs defeats the purpose of no carb since the long you are on no carb the more efficiently the body uses and prioritises fats as an energy source.
I hate the State.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Yup...2 weeks no carbs and after you are that you totally in ketosis, then you can carb up once a week.

I think physiologically doing only two or so days without carbs defeats the purpose of no carb since the long you are on no carb the more efficiently the body uses and prioritises fats as an energy source.

You are using the "piss strips" to determine if you are in ketosis, right?

Bottome line with low carb, zero carb, everone responds differently. Just make sure to use the ketone strips and body fat test weekly to make sure you are not losing muscle!!

Also, why the name change?  ???

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
you wont lose muscle when your body is primarily using fat as an energy source.

one your in ketosis, you dont need to constantly check your ketone strips...your either FULLY in ketosis, or your FULLY out. and you can tell the difference. its a big difference.

and yeah...after two or so weeks9depends on each person), you will become "fat adapted", and you will not leave ketosis with out elimating fats from your diet....just like you wont leave a glucose powered state untill you eliminate carbs from your diet...

for some people though, becoming truly "fat adapted" takes very long....most people actually cant really achieve it...because they are too old and have been glucose powered for too long.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gtbro1

• Getbig V

one your in ketosis, you dont need to constantly check your ketone strips...your either FULLY in ketosis, or your FULLY out. and you can tell the difference. its a big difference.

and yeah...after two or so weeks9depends on each person), you will become "fat adapted", and you will not leave ketosis with out elimating fats from your diet....just like you wont leave a glucose powered state untill you eliminate carbs from your diet...

for some people though, becoming truly "fat adapted" takes very long....most people actually cant really achieve it...because they are too old and have been glucose powered for too long.

PROVE IT.

mass 04

• Getbig V

PROVE IT.
candidate will soon measure 0.0% bf as measured by Jim Quinn, joining Flex Wheeler as the only people  to achieve such a feat.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Well, I am fucked.

I am older so I have been glucose driven for too long.  :'(

There is no hope for me now....

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Well, I am fucked.

I am older so I have been glucose driven for too long.  :'(

There is no hope for me now....

It's ok bro, I'll still be your friend!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
It's ok bro, I'll still be your friend!

You sure, I brush my teeth, been glucose driven too long, not many getbiggers would want a friend like that.  :-\

But I am leaning out, something must be really wrong with me!?!?!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
hey busyb ...fuck you.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Bottome line with low carb, zero carb, everone responds differently. Just make sure to use the ketone strips and body fat test weekly to make sure you are not losing muscle!!

I have always been known as a slayer of gods...hence the name change.... ;)
I hate the State.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
hey busyb ...fuck you.

Candi,

No matter what you think, I do like you. You do have passion, more than most, that is a good thing in my eyes. You need to be driven and excited about nutrition and training, etc. to be successful in bodybuilding.

But I guess the combo of passion and info you read, gets misconstrued in that head of yours and it comes out sounding like some really stupid shit man.

One day you will look back and laugh at yourself. Just take it all in, learn, apply the stuff you learn and find out what works best for you. You need some real world experience young man, relax, enjoy the process....

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Uhmmm....right...how's that shrink working for you?
I hate the State.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
hey busyb ...fuck you.

Bro, you need to seriously chill.  People are going to raz you and for good reason, no one brought it on you, you did.  So if you can't deal with that then I don't know what the fuck to tell you.  You've pretty much alienated yourself from a lot of the vets here because of your attitude and you still aren't getting it.

I've reached the end of my rope, chill the fuck out or get the fuck out.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Well here in Korea I don't have access to piss strips. Some years ago I experimented with the Ketogenic thing and I did have them. So I think 2-3 weeks should be ok. After 3 weeks or so I will introduce one carb loading day a week to keep the metabolism going (as well as my sanity). Projected duration of diet is 4 months. I have a lot of fat to lose, probably about 15 kilos before I look 'cut'...so I am in this for the long haul.
I hate the State.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
I have always been known as a slayer of gods...hence the name change.... ;)

Ah, I see...Does that have to do with some of your tats?  ???

Well here in Korea I don't have access to piss strips. Some years ago I experimented with the Ketogenic thing and I did have them. So I think 2-3 weeks should be ok. After 3 weeks or so I will introduce one carb loading day a week to keep the metabolism going (as well as my sanity). Projected duration of diet is 4 months. I have a lot of fat to lose, probably about 15 kilos before I look 'cut'...so I am in this for the long haul.

Cool bro, just let us know what is going on with your progress!  ;)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Uhmmm....right...how's that shrink working for you?

mother fucker i gave you some good information..legit information.   say thank you and shut your fuckin mouth

I've reached the end of my rope, chill the fuck out or get the fuck out.

bro i only post on this site for entertainment nowdays..   iv learned that most of the people here dont really know jackshit. besides a few...and they are on the only board that i now post on with any type of seriousness.     sure, ive had some pretty wacked theories. but they have all had more basis in fact than all the other bullshit people post. the latest one, where people thought it was so hilarious when i said you cant store body fat in the abcense of carbohydrates...just proves my point. bunch of fda advised dumb mother fuckers that dont understand jack shit about nutrition or the body besides "calories in vs. calories out"...which doesnt even mean jack shit. calorie? CALORIE? thats the stupidest fucking term in all of nutrition. who gives a fuck about calories...or basal metabolic rate, or daily intake....   noneof that shit matters...what matters is the body, its hormones, and its metabolic processes. macronutrients, digestion rates, and how chemicals interact and interrelate. thats what matters.   " i have a bmr of 2565, and i ate 2250...thats a caloric deficit of 300 cals..." yo, who the fuck cares, what does that even mean?   that could mean that you lost 2 lbs of muscle and gained 2 lbs of fat....OR it could mean that you gained a few ounces of muscle and lost a lb of fat.....        but mother fuckers dont understand this shit.      so yeah....im done giving the stupid mother fuckers of this board advice.     

emmortal...   i wasnt atacking you, dude.   just ranting like a madman. your alright. i know how i must seem on this site..     youve got some legit reasons to say what youve said. its the othe rmother fuckers that get me pissed off.

cue some spelling/grammar police douchebag talking about me calling someone stupid when i have mispelled some shit..    whatever
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Emmortal

• Getbig V
I understand where you're coming from but you gotta take things with a grain of salt. You just gotta chill and let things slide and not take things so fucking personal.  This is the internet btw, and people get real ballsy behind the computer when there are no real consequences, I'm guilty of it from time to time myself.

There's some good guys here, some bullshitters, some newbs and some pros.  There's a ton of bad with a ton of good, you just have to learn how to process it with a little more tact.  Humility is something you need to learn, hell I try to remind myself of staying humble every day, there's always something new to learn and someone out there to learn from.

This is also Getbig where anything goes and everything usually does heh.  Is it the best source of information? No, but it's certainly not the worst.  Take that for what it is.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
candidate will soon measure 0.0% bf as measured by Jim Quinn, joining Flex Wheeler as the only people  to achieve such a feat.

If only Flex hadn't brushed his teeth that last week, perhaps he could have held his astounding 0.0% BF level that he had just one week before.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
I do this but only when carb depleting gains can not be made without carbs infact even when dieting I diet with 600 grams of carbs a day....

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
I understand carb depleting for three days, followed by carb loading for three days at the end of a 12-16 week pre-contest diet in which you gradually lower your carbs throughout the diet, I've done it myself, but carb depleting for weeks?  That's interesting.

So in the absence of the extra water and fiber that comes from carbs, wouldn't a no carb diet lead to constipation?  Though fiber slows down food digestion, which is a good thing, water and fiber also help move food waste out of your body quickly.  So even if you drink extra water and take fiber and vitamin/mineral supplements to compensate, isn't it bad for your body to carry all that rotting meat and fat inside longer?

Also, wouldn't going low or no carb for so long mess up your body so that the next time you go back to moderate carb you'll store more fat from carbs than you normally would, gaining all your weight back plus some?

The whole thing just sounds like a recipe for constipation, hemorrhoids, colon cancer and fluctuating obesity.  Maybe some people are just built to live on a very low to no carb diet without consequences.