Author Topic: Are some people really happy with the fact that.....  (Read 3545 times)

Loomis

• Getbig III
Are some people really happy with the fact that.....
« on: February 19, 2008, 07:57:43 PM »
Marijuana is still Federally illegal in the US? Even with a Med Card/Script? Seems hard to find one. Alot of people don't give a fuck, alot want it legalized/decriminalized, but wheres the "other side" fighting hard to keep it illegal?  And if there aren't many, whats really stopping it? Why cant there be a vote and majority rules? Seens fair to my mind but then again I'm not a politician ???

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Are some people really happy with the fact that.....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »
Ron Paul feels that the federal government has no right to tell the states that do allow medical marijuana to stop doing it.

He's also right that, the war on drugs is a complete failure.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:23:41 PM »
I'm a huge supporter of Dr. Paul. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:27:48 PM »
I'm a huge supporter of Dr. Paul. 

X2.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »
Cool.

I hate to pug it again but theres a huge march to Washington happening with Ron Paul soon. You can show your support or anger on this issue and the way the federal government deals with it there. Should be pretty awesome.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 08:40:52 PM »
Cool.

I hate to pug it again but theres a huge march to Washington happening with Ron Paul soon. You can show your support or anger on this issue and the way the federal government deals with it there. Should be pretty awesome.

Is it really going to happen?!  :o How many?
I hate the State.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 08:55:30 PM »
Why cant there be a vote and majority rules?

You're new here, aren't you...  :(

There's good money in wars. And wars against concepts (i.e. drugs, terrorism) can go on forever.

Hope this helps.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 09:04:52 PM »
Is it really going to happen?!  :o How many?

There are organizers working on it right now. The date has been narrowed down to two choices. There will be other speakers invited and bands playing. They are also contacting other groups to join as well. There is a lot of buzz about this march, (although the organizers perfer to call it a rally).  I'll let the board know whats going on as I hear about it. I will be there for sure, if everything goes the way it's suppose to.

Hers a video where he talks about it, it's at the end. Over half a million views so far.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »
You're new here, aren't you...  :(

There's good money in wars. And wars against concepts (i.e. drugs, terrorism) can go on forever.

Hope this helps.
I agree, but I also think that the government would stand to make alot of money from it if they legalized it and regulated the industry. Like bindare said the war on drugs hasnt done much, so why not regulate the product and make money off it. Although I see a slew of possible problems with legalizing marijuana.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 09:15:22 PM »
I agree, but I also think that the government would stand to make alot of money from it if they legalized it and regulated the industry. Like bindare said the war on drugs hasnt done much, so why not regulate the product and make money off it. Although I see a slew of possible problems with legalizing marijuana.

Alcohol prohibition led to many more problems than solutions and alcohol is a much more dangerous drug than is weed.
I hate the State.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
Cool.

Please post more details as you get them. I'd make the trip.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 09:22:41 PM »
Problems like what?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »

I agree.

You have to treat addiction as a disease, not a criminal activity. We are packing prisons with people who are peddling/smoking weed.  Once we recognize this, I think we will be able to better solve the problem.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »
Problems like what?
well to name a few: to my knowledge there is no way to measure the amount of thc in the system, so there is no way to know if a person is fit to drive a vehicle. Legalizing it would also make it easier for younger crowd to get a hold of it. It would also challenge our societies moral stance on drugs the majority of us have grown up being told that drugs are bad and thats socities view of them so challenging this would open the door to many other subjects that many might not want to deal with(people dont like change). Addiction to the drug itself would be another one.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
Alcohol prohibition led to many more problems than solutions and alcohol is a much more dangerous drug than is weed.
Alcohol was legal then prohibited so ya people are gonna be pissed when you take something away from them. I dont really see how alcohol is any more dangerous than marijuana other than liver damage, but then again you get lung damage with marijuana unless you eat it.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 02:04:19 AM »
Alcohol was legal then prohibited so ya people are gonna be pissed when you take something away from them. I dont really see how alcohol is any more dangerous than marijuana other than liver damage, but then again you get lung damage with marijuana unless you eat it.
Alcohol kills people every day. Weed has yet to kill anyone.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »
well to name a few: to my knowledge there is no way to measure the amount of thc in the system, so there is no way to know if a person is fit to drive a vehicle. Legalizing it would also make it easier for younger crowd to get a hold of it. It would also challenge our societies moral stance on drugs the majority of us have grown up being told that drugs are bad and thats socities view of them so challenging this would open the door to many other subjects that many might not want to deal with(people dont like change). Addiction to the drug itself would be another one.
You might not like change, but many people including myself are open minded free-thinkers who are able to look at issues critically and analytically. When my kids a teenager, I would much rather find a little weed in his drawer than find out he's getting drunk all the time. But I'm not for banning alcohol; I'm just saying if people were given a legal choice between the two many would smoke socially instead of getting drunk and IMHO would be better off.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 06:13:05 AM »
Alcohol kills people every day. Weed has yet to kill anyone.
lol so you are implying that marijuana doesnt impair motor functions, people havent gotten behind the wheel of a vehicle and ended up killing people just like alcohol. your also implying that marijuana doesnt lower inhibitions, people dont do things that they might not do otherwise: rob, murder, rape etc...
You might not like change, but many people including myself are open minded free-thinkers who are able to look at issues critically and analytically. When my kids a teenager, I would much rather find a little weed in his drawer than find out he's getting drunk all the time. But I'm not for banning alcohol; I'm just saying if people were given a legal choice between the two many would smoke socially instead of getting drunk and IMHO would be better off.
read my post i never said i dont like change i said "people" and i hate to tell you but its a fact and while there may be a few who support this I would be willing to bet that the majority of america would vote this down. You accidently addressed one of the problems socially smoking marijuana presents the same problem of socially drinking. You have to get home somehow and more than likely your gonna drive and that means driving impaired.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:03 AM »
Why cant there be a vote and majority rules? Seens fair to my mind but then again I'm not a politician ???

The Majority should not have absolute power.  If you went strictly by Majority rule, then NYC, LA, Chicago, and Houston would  have the total say in what it's populace and bureacracy wants, whereas the rural areas would constantly get shafted.  This is one reason why we have an Electoral College.  This is why a voter who votes in North Dakota has a lot more "voting strength" than a voter from New York City, comparitively. 

There are a few reasons why Marijuana and other drugs are not decriminalized and it goes well beyond the basis that the stuff is bad for you, and to what degree.  By criminalizing marijuana, you ensure the human warehouses stay full...by human warehouses, I'm talking prisons and jails.  These are huge businesses that private companies such as Wackenhut and CCA are getting into, and they support the massive criminal justice system bureaucracy.  All in all, these institutions create a LOT of jobs........but in addition, help wreck communities and families, repeating the cycle. 

In addition, an individual is heavily penalized if he even so much has a glitch of a criminal record, especially a drug charge.  Employability decreases dramatically which makes it even more likely that the individual will simply go back into the prison system.  In Florida, the recidivism rate is around 71%.  So now with all these people with criminal backgrounds who find it hard to find a job even as a landscaper or dishwasher, companies now more readily seek cheap, below minimum-wage workers, primarily, illegals. 

I believe the late, great Bill Hicks said it best.  How can you make something illegal that was naturally put on this earth?  Are you telling me that God made a mistake?

The War on Drugs.  The War on Poverty.  The War on Terror.  The War on Crime.  These are not problems to be "solved."  These are problems that are part of our lives and can be minimized in their affects.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 01:09:26 PM »
ok yes ron paul clearly would be a great candidate and has maybe the most supporters of anyone running, but for gods sake you all know as well as i do the 'powers that be' wont let him get even close to the otehr guys. 80% of all americans could cast a vote for him and the official results would still show that he only got like 5% or something.
these things are controlled. the media COMPLETELY ignores him, he gets zero speaking time and gets cut off on all the debates, the news channels pretend he doesnt exist, and those who control the 'official' results will never show that he gets more than like 10% in any contest. he cant win, give it up already

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 01:06:14 AM »
lol so you are implying that marijuana doesnt impair motor functions, people havent gotten behind the wheel of a vehicle and ended up killing people just like alcohol. your also implying that marijuana doesnt lower inhibitions, people dont do things that they might not do otherwise: rob, murder, rape etc...read my post i never said i dont like change i said "people" and i hate to tell you but its a fact and while there may be a few who support this I would be willing to bet that the majority of america would vote this down. You accidently addressed one of the problems socially smoking marijuana presents the same problem of socially drinking. You have to get home somehow and more than likely your gonna drive and that means driving impaired.
Your argument makes little sense. Anybody watch that British documentary where they had a guy drive around a track as a test of his driving ability,then he smoked a "straight spliff" then drive the same course again and he did it BETTER. The test had him tailgating another car around a track and he had to react to the other drivers maneuvers. Weed might impare someones ability to drive a little bit if they weren't used to it, but so would a "legal" amount of alcohol(a few drinksor a .07 breathalizer) effect someones driving who never drinks. Figures I've read show that the percentage of americans who favor legal med use is in the 70's and rising. I think it would be a fair step to have med use legal under Federal law alond with Decriminalization(tickets instead of jail) for personal use possesion without a card in the near future. Similar to Cali laws but for the whole country under Federal law.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 06:38:05 AM »
Alcohol is clearly more harmful than marijuana.  Its important that we control both substances to some degree (with respect to operative motor vehicles, keeping them away from kids, and battling addiction/abuse).  From a medical perspective, alcohol is more toxic to the body and also tends to cause more people to act violently and irrationally.  Most people who smoke marijuana have a greater tendency to feel anti-anxiety/calming feelings along with amotivation.  Marijuana is toxic to the lung at high dosages, but not more than a pack of cigarettes per day (both are quite bad IMO).  I don't care for any drugs but lets get the facts straight.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
Your argument makes little sense. Anybody watch that British documentary where they had a guy drive around a track as a test of his driving ability,then he smoked a "straight spliff" then drive the same course again and he did it BETTER. The test had him tailgating another car around a track and he had to react to the other drivers maneuvers. Weed might impare someones ability to drive a little bit if they weren't used to it, but so would a "legal" amount of alcohol(a few drinksor a .07 breathalizer) effect someones driving who never drinks. Figures I've read show that the percentage of americans who favor legal med use is in the 70's and rising. I think it would be a fair step to have med use legal under Federal law alond with Decriminalization(tickets instead of jail) for personal use possesion without a card in the near future. Similar to Cali laws but for the whole country under Federal law.
LOL what do you mean they dont make sense, how can you sit there and say that weed has never killed anybody? thats ludicris
have you ever heard of something called practice effects, the driver was going to do better the second time regardless. its like taking a test and then smoking and taking the same test again of course youll do better the second time. 
Heres another question for you all these drug dealers that sell marijuana right now would presumably stop selling or at least sell a smaller amount if it was legalized. Do you think these guys are gonna go out and get a legit job now of course not they are going to start peddling the next drug up so now their selling crack, meth, cocain on a bigger lever
Do you smoke weed loomis?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 10:32:06 AM »
so what your saying is that is ok to drink and drive or smoke and drive if you do often? you sound like one of those people who say i drink and drive all the time and nothing happens and then you end up killing a van full of people