Author Topic: Phil Heath Appreciation Thread  (Read 14346 times)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
Re: Phil Heath Appreciation Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »
Here's Heath next to Sylvio.  I'm only posting it so you can appreciate Phil's arms here.  They have a look that make you wonder things like his brachialis and brachioradialis and lateral tricep head didn't just sit up off his arm even before he started training due to his insane separation.  Everything in his arm sits there on top of something else just sticking out.  These are genetics for arms.  Very few guys have ever shown this level of separation in their arms. 

that's not Silvio, that is Tony Freeman  ::)
I

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »
Matt post that picture of you and Heath together where he's flexing his arm.

Here's another great shot from Muscletime.  This is what I was talking about Heath still trying to find the best poses for himself.  I'm not so sure the squatting thing works so well for him, or maybe it's the angle that the pic was taken from, but interesting nonetheless and you can see the real thickness to his bi's here. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 10:00:16 PM »
Yeah, but his chest is better than Levrone's ....didn't say it was better than Haney's or Schwarzenegger's, did I?

Levrone had a chest atht was overshadowed by his delts and tris anyway, and then he had the unfortunate tear. 

It's Heath's time, yo.  Don't hate, appreciate. 

and heath's arms are too big for his narrow shoulders and tiny chest

let's see heath pull off this pose with his "chest"

E
E

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »
See there's still a meniscule layer of water that can still come off this guy.  But the reason he still looks so impressive is because he is RIPPED already.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 10:02:41 PM »
Earl I was posting that photo as you did so I will use this one instead.... Phil is awesome but he's not Kevin yet. Time will tell.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »
and heath's arms are too big for his narrow shoulders and tiny chest

let's see heath pull off this pose with his "chest"

E

Levrone looks great there, but Phil's side-chest has the potential to be much better. It would be better right now, but he doesn't know how to hit it right yet. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »
See there's still a meniscule layer of water that can still come off this guy.  But the reason he still looks so impressive is because he is RIPPED already.

There is no water there Jeff, he is a little flat.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 10:04:25 PM »
See there's still a meniscule layer of water that can still come off this guy.  But the reason he still looks so impressive is because he is RIPPED already.

"meniscule" layer of water? You need new contacts, McFarland.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 10:04:52 PM »
Here's Heath next to Sylvio.  I'm only posting it so you can appreciate Phil's arms here.  They have a look that make you wonder things like his brachialis and brachioradialis and lateral tricep head didn't just sit up off his arm even before he started training due to his insane separation.  Everything in his arm sits there on top of something else just sticking out.  These are genetics for arms.  Very few guys have ever shown this level of separation in their arms. 

That's not Lee.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 10:07:18 PM »
That's not Lee.

All black people look the same to McFarland. Very sad.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 10:07:30 PM »
See it's killing Earl to think that we've seen the best of Levrone while Heath's just now hitting his stride. Scary huh Earl.  Me and everyone else reading this know that the only reason you're so defensive is because Heath's the real deal and you're too afraid to admit it...but man I'm not trying to fuck with you right now I'm trying to get everybody ready to see Heath kick ass at the Arnold in another week and a half.  

Here are some of the better shots from MD's archive.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:24 PM »
There is no water there Jeff, he is a little flat.

So do you predict that if Phil comes in looking better at the Arnold that he will be weighing more or less than he did for the Ironman?   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 10:13:19 PM »
See it's killing Earl to think that we've seen the best of Levrone while Heath's just now hitting his stride. Scary huh Earl.  Me and everyone else reading this know that the only reason you're so defensive is because Heath's the real deal and you're too afraid to admit it...but man I'm not trying to fuck with you right now I'm trying to get everybody ready to see Heath kick ass at the Arnold in another week and a half.  

I said he was overrated since day one, check the posts when lift studios posted his pics in 05

as a bodybuilding fan I would love to see somebody surpass the awesomeness of Mr. Levrone but I don't see it being heath

there is no guarantee he will get much better

E
E

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 10:14:44 PM »
See it's killing Earl to think that we've seen the best of Levrone while Heath's just now hitting his stride. Scary huh Earl.  Me and everyone else reading this know that the only reason you're so defensive is because Heath's the real deal and you're too afraid to admit it...but man I'm not trying to fuck with you right now I'm trying to get everybody ready to see Heath kick ass at the Arnold in another week and a half. 

You can't expect a man to put aside his childhood hero in a moment.  Earl will see the light re: Heath soon. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »
So do you predict that if Phil comes in looking better at the Arnold that he will be weighing more or less than he did for the Ironman?   

Same. Tad more hydrated tad less fat. We are talking tads here now.  ;D Maaaaaybe slightly lighter. A slight tad.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 10:22:33 PM »
I think his back will quickly become the best in the world.

Wouldn't having a narrow frame negatively impact his back?

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »
Post a picture of Levrone with that same leg development in the side chest.  Not hating on Levrone, he is still one of the greatest.  But damn, Heath is moving on up!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »

tnt

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 10:58:44 PM »
I said he was overrated since day one, check the posts when lift studios posted his pics in 05

as a bodybuilding fan I would love to see somebody surpass the awesomeness of Mr. Levrone but I don't see it being heath

there is no guarantee he will get much better

E

He has continued to improve and there are no signs so far of that ending.  I think he can possibly surpass Levrone's level, although I don't think he is quite there yet.

Re: Heath being narrow affecting his back width.  I agree that this may possibly be the case.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 11:00:29 PM »
Phil's arms are legendary

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
Bodybuilding Pro.com

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 04:46:03 AM »

Thanks for helping keep everything in perspective, Matt.   :-X

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
The cuts in Phil's hamstrings were beyond sic.

:o
Elevate Your Image.™

Stavios

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »
Isaac you should tell Phil to drop a post or two here on Getbig  8)

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »
 being as how kevin had a much better structure in regards to clavical width ect i would say phil is not going to surpass kevin.. they are roughly the same height and kevin usually came in at 245 or so.. phil has a ways to go and even then who is to say that phil's frame can handle anymore size.. the back is not going to get much wider due to his frame but, he will be able to add density to it (inner back ect).. unless phil adds some bone to those clavicals, i dont see it happening.. oh and by the way.. that pic is not of silvio or freeman.. lets try jj..