Author Topic: Phil Heath Appreciation Thread  (Read 14423 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Phil Heath Appreciation Thread
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
Hey I know a good bodybuilder when I see one and Phil Heath is the definition of that so here we go:  The Official Getbig Phil Heath Appreciation Thread. 

Alex23

Re: Phil Heath Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »
Beyond the physique, Phil is a college educated guy with no tattoos, a lovely wife, a business sense and plenty of support from non shady "industry people".

A guy we can finaly look up to and won't be disapointed.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »
Muscletime has some really great photography.  I have yet to have the time to go surf through all their archives that people have been telling me about but I bet there's some really sick stuff in there just waiting to be pulled out and re-examined.  Anyway they got some good ones of Heath from this past weekend too.

Heath wasn't even dialed in at this past weekend's show.  Here's the difference between peaking and getting ready.  Phil's ready to peak here; not peaked.  He will peak in 2 weeks which will be just insane.   

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:33:46 PM »
totally pwns levrone.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »
Beyond the physique, Phil is a college educated guy with no tattoos, a lovely wife, a business sense and plenty of support from non shady "industry people".

A guy we can finaly look up to and won't be disapointed.

what did the mr.gift get his degree in?
I

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »
These thighs look pretty contest ready here but you can tell in his back shots and particularly by looking at his side thigh poses that he still has the last layer of water to pull off so what this suggests to me is that Phil has the potential to show thighs more separated than any you've ever seen soon.  Phil's legs remind me of a Marcus Haley/Kevin Levrone variant.  

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »
E

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 09:38:11 PM »
I felt that when he turned pro he got there in large part due to the strength of his shoulders, arms, and overall conditioning.  Now he has quickly brought up his legs to the world class level.  His chest is much like Lee Priest's in that I don't think it will ever be a strong point exactly (Arnoldesque), but I think his back will quickly become the best in the world.  He will be Mr. Olympia one day if he wants to be.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »
at what ???

E

at life, brother.

Start with that back, etc.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 09:40:56 PM »
I felt that when he turned pro he got there in large part due to the strength of his shoulders, arms, and overall conditioning.  Now he has quickly brought up his legs to the world class level.  His chest is much like Lee Priest's in that I don't think it will ever be a strong point exactly (Arnoldesque), but I think his back will quickly become the best in the world.  He will be Mr. Olympia one day if he wants to be.

your shoulders, arms and overall conditioning are not too bad either Matt
I

Alex23

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »
These thighs look pretty contest ready here but you can tell in his back shots and particularly by looking at his side thigh poses that he still has the last layer of water to pull off so what this suggests to me is that Phil has the potential to show thighs more separated than any you've ever seen soon.  Phil's legs remind me of a Marcus Haley/Kevin Levrone variant.  

If he dials in at a higher degree like you predict, would a last year or even olympia Martinez even have a chance?

I doubt...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »
your shoulders, arms and overall conditioning are not too bad either Matt

lol.

Question for everyone: is Heath at Levrone's level yet?  I would say not quite yet...but I suspect he will get there and possibly even surpass it.  My evidence for this is that he has managed to continually improve since he turned pro and has not reached a plateau yet.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 09:43:29 PM »
at life, brother.

Start with that back, etc.

what has heath done that Mr. Levrone hasn't?

I have to admit I do like that he has no tattoos but he's lucky to compete in this era

if he ever placed ahead of the guys of the 90's he would really earn the name "Mr. Gift"

E
E

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »
 8)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 09:45:23 PM »
at what ???

E

Earl settle down.  Phil Heath respects the legends and that's another thing I like about him.  Phil's from the school of bodybuilding that was taught on the internet between 2002 and present.  The collective body of ideals that we all agreed in retrospect were the best of what bodybuilding has to offer after having been to the edge and falling off.  How do I know?  I see his influences both in his posing and his physique.  He literally has bodyparts that look like the bodyparts of other pros.  Just like Shawn Ray had muscularity that resembled John Brown's and just like Flex Wheeler had bodyparts and a quality to his hardness that you can see glimpses of in Charles Glass's competitive physique.  It's a phenomenon that I know happens now because I've seen it too many times.  If you focus on the bodyparts you like of other pros you will sooner or later start to show some of the same qualities that those pros do/did.

I don't know how many of you are taking note but Phil's trying to pay hommage to the greats with his shots and he's also in the process of carving out his own signature poses.  I think he's still finding his way in some of the shots but he's working on some classic trademarks.  His crab most muscular is already "Heath's Most Muscular."  

Here's Heath doing Levrone and then Wheeler.  With influences like those how do you not construct something incredible.    

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:45:33 PM »
lol.

Question for everyone: is Heath at Levrone's level yet? 

no

let's see him win one arnold before we talk about him in the same breath as the legendary Maryland Muscle Machine

although winning the arnold today is a little easier than it was for Mr. Levrone

E
E

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 09:46:22 PM »
what has heath done that Mr. Levrone hasn't?

I have to admit I do like that he has no tattoos but he's lucky to compete in this era

if he ever placed ahead of the guys of the 90's he would really earn the name "Mr. Gift"

E

he's on an unprecedented winning streak. He's like Dorian Yate, born to dominate.

And he pwns Levrone on back, chest, arms, legs, for starters. 

He also seems to be a normal guy. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 09:49:53 PM »
he's on an unprecedented winning streak. He's like Dorian Yate, born to dominate.

And he pwns Levrone on back, chest, arms, legs, for starters. 

He also seems to be a normal guy. 

hahaha you just lost all credibility heath has TERRIBLE chest

the rest of the stuff you posted is pure nonsense

born to dominate yet skips the olympia ::)

E
E

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »
Making major improvements

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 09:52:08 PM »
Earl settle down.  Phil Heath respects the legends and that's another thing I like about him.      

he'd be an idiot not to respect them

he does seem like a good guy but his physique is seriously overrated

E
E

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 09:52:27 PM »
Still improving

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:03 PM »
Making major improvements

is phil a believer in training chest? ???

E
E

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »
 :)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
hahaha you just lost all credibility heath has TERRIBLE chest

the rest of the stuff you posted is pure nonsense

born to dominate yet skips the olympia ::)

E

Yeah, but his chest is better than Levrone's ....didn't say it was better than Haney's or Schwarzenegger's, did I?

Levrone had a chest atht was overshadowed by his delts and tris anyway, and then he had the unfortunate tear. 

It's Heath's time, yo.  Don't hate, appreciate. 

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:32 PM »
Here's Heath next to Sylvio.  I'm only posting it so you can appreciate Phil's arms here.  They have a look that make you wonder things like his brachialis and brachioradialis and lateral tricep head didn't just sit up off his arm even before he started training due to his insane separation.  Everything in his arm sits there on top of something else just sticking out.  These are genetics for arms.  Very few guys have ever shown this level of separation in their arms.