Author Topic: Why I think the gov is full of shit about the satellite shootdown  (Read 522 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Look at the shuttle, it's aerodynamic and much larger than this satellite and look what happened when one small area of the craft was exposed in reentry.  This satellite isn't made for reentry.  It would hit the atmosphere and this crap that the tank could survive is pure bullshit.  it will be superheated and the thought it would survive reentry at all laughable.  That leaves the option that this is indeed only a means of testing the weapon and a show of force in response to China and or they don't want a small piece of something incriminating being picked up.  Now China will be shooting down "failed satellites" next.  I don't get it, they only wanted to shoot this down after the shuttle returned because of worries parts of the satellite could hit the shuttle, yet when this satelliet is destroyed, parts will be blown into reentry while many other parts will be blown into various orbits that won't reenter for a long time.  This is the big nono everyone yelled at China for.  Who will be at fault when all this crap in orbit destroys one of our shuttles ::)

Image of the Shuttle.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
Re: Why I think the gov is full of shit about the satellite shootdown
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
cnn.com:

we hit the satellite tonight
Addicted to the Steal

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »
well, I guess they hit it.  ::)

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! "  :P

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »
Hahaha    Ill bet China's really scared.

Not.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »
Hahaha    Ill bet China's really scared.

Not.
No, I doubt they would be scared, but I'm sure we've just lost the highground in telling them why they can't go blasting satellites out of space and I'm sure as soon as they have the opportunity, they'll do more testing now.