Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 29833 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Anybody watching Breaking Bad
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2009, 11:05:34 AM »
I have been watching Breaking Bad again from the beginning and have noticed some things missed first time around....Namely, the issue of Walter and his former relationship with the company named "Grey Matter".  In the first episode there is a cheap plaque on the wall of his bedroom dated 1985, the year he started teaching high school, commemorating his contribution to a Noble prize winning team with his skills in proton spectroscopy.  I then re-watched the birthday party episode and the framed magazine cover commemorating Grey Matter owners winning the Nobel prize.  They then talk about how Walter was once a partner in the firm. Then I re-watched  the episode where he is lecturing his class on the subject of carbon and how General Electric screwed over Trace Hall, the researcher who perfected the process for making industrial diamonds synthetically.  Then I watched the scene where he  tells Gretchen Schwartz off there are side remarks from Walter about how he was squeezed out.

So a future episode about Grey Matter, Did the Schwartz's cheat Walter?, Why did they cheat Walter, Why didn't Walter get a share of the  Nobel prize?, Why didn't Walter go get a job at another high tech firm after leaving Grey Matter?
I am dying to find out.

yes, this is an interesting side story. I noticed this to.

we'll have to wait for season 3 :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 11:58:41 PM »

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 04:03:32 AM »

The second series was amazing, i was in awe of Bryan Cranston performance as subdued Chemistry teacher turned Meth dealer. Most remember this guy as the father from Malcolm in the Middle, even i was a little skeptical if he could get away from the manic crazy character he displayed in Malcolm, but i have to say this guy is just amazing. Cranston seems to turn from super high energy in some scenes to real slow agonising pain in others.

I don't know if this show is a big hit in the States but from the first couple of episodes from the first season i was actually thiniking straight away that Cranston will definitely win awards for his portrayal of cancer stricken chemistry teacher Walt.

I read that he has in fact now won Emmy for best actor in a drama series tow years in a row now for this show (i think it was 2 years for the same show).

Anyway i urge you all to give this show a chance, please don't think its anything like weeds! Just give it a couple of episodes and i am sure most people will enjoy this as much as i have.

One of the best shows i have ever seen!  ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2009, 04:23:58 AM »
It's an awesome TV show.

Legendary stuff all the time as opposed to that bullshit "Dexter".

The only thing that was good on dexter was Jimmy smits.
As empty as paradise

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 09:10:16 AM »
yes Breaking Baad is my new number one. Dexter has been watered down :(

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2009, 09:55:08 AM »
yes Breaking Baad is my new number one. Dexter has been watered down :(
breaking bad is awesome, but gotta go with true blood for my number 1.  That show just fucking rocks.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2009, 03:05:32 PM »
never seen it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »
new season of breaking bad started tonight.  anybody catch the first episode?  I thought it was kinda non eventfull but I'm sure shit will hit the fan soon.  What the hell are they setting up in this first episode?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »
watching it now :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:39 AM »
ok, this season is off to an extremely slow start.  Not counting it out yet but fuck, it better pick up soon.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2010, 11:39:01 PM »
the last episode was the best one. Loving this show

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 03:25:07 AM »
anybody still watching?  Loved tonight's episode.  LOL mixed with Holy Shit!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 04:03:15 PM »
yea last nights episode was the shit...however....Walter should have let that shit play out...no need to get your hands dirty dealing with those scum...he's smart but not that smart...
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 04:04:16 PM »
yea last nights episode was the shit...however....Walter should have let that shit play out...no need to get your hands dirty dealing with those scum...he's smart but not that smart...
DAWG

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »
"Breaking Bad"...New episodes coming soon...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »
Spoiler Alert....

who has watched all the episodes?  I've kept up with all of them...

Holy shit on the last episode :o  And it turns out that Walter DID poison the kid!!!  If you watched the episode and missed the last scene, they showed the backyard of White's home with the plant that poisoned the kid that was critical in Jesse's decision.  So White just didn't kill Gus, he outwitted him.

Still, this kinda sucked... I really started to like Gus.

[/youtube]

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
anybody watch the new season opener?  I'm going to have to download it thanks to Dish Network being cock licking douchbag asswipes.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2012, 11:56:49 PM »
Just got caught up on this new season.  Skyler has gotten more annoying with each episode.

Holy shit at the last scene from episode 5.  I thought the guy they brought along might be an undercover, but lol, that was a wrong guess.  Jesse is going to flip out over that happening.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »
Skyler sees what is going to happen in the future...and is that way because there is nothing she can do to stop it.

"Todd" shooting the child has made the situation impossible...aside from the moral question, the search that the authorities will make for the boy and the investigation of the shooting when they find him will make it impossible to retrieve the Methylamine from the underground tank.
They could very well find the tank...the chemical companies to whom the Methylamine belongs will discover the adulterants...there will be an investigation from that direction too...

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »
I have been watching Breaking Bad again from the beginning and have noticed some things missed first time around....Namely, the issue of Walter and his former relationship with the company named "Grey Matter".  In the first episode there is a cheap plaque on the wall of his bedroom dated 1985, the year he started teaching high school, commemorating his contribution to a Noble prize winning team with his skills in proton spectroscopy.  I then re-watched the birthday party episode and the framed magazine cover commemorating Grey Matter owners winning the Nobel prize.  They then talk about how Walter was once a partner in the firm. Then I re-watched  the episode where he is lecturing his class on the subject of carbon and how General Electric screwed over Trace Hall, the researcher who perfected the process for making industrial diamonds synthetically.  Then I watched the scene where he  tells Gretchen Schwartz off there are side remarks from Walter about how he was squeezed out.

So a future episode about Grey Matter, Did the Schwartz's cheat Walter?, Why did they cheat Walter, Why didn't Walter get a share of the  Nobel prize?, Why didn't Walter go get a job at another high tech firm after leaving Grey Matter?
I am dying to find out.

Well, Walter didn't go into detail only saying he sold his share of the company for five thousand dollars...Was the situation that he was having an affair with Gretchen Schwartz?  Or did it seem like the company was getting ready to tank when it magically turned around?  Or did his partners trick him into selling his share?  Or was it extortion?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/11/02/breaking-bad-to-get-the-mythbusters-treatment/

‘Breaking Bad’ to Get the ‘MythBusters’ Treatment

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) – Finally, the world might find out if it’s truly a bad idea to dissolve a body with hydrofluoric acid in a bathtub.

Discovery Channel’s reality show “MythBusters” – which re-enacts scenarios from movies, TV and urban legend to test their accuracy with scientific methodology – is filming a “Breaking Bad“-themed episode, a spokesman for the cable network told TheWrap on Friday.

“Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan and star Aaron Paul – who plays meth manufacturer Jesse Pinkman on the series — will be on hand as “MythBusters” stars Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage put the logic of the hit AMC drama.

No other details, such as when the episode will air, were available.

Back in June, Gilligan said in an interview that he’d like to do a “Breaking Bad”/”MythBusters” crossover.

“I’d dig seeing those guys prove or disprove some of the crazy stuff we’ve done on ‘Breaking Bad,’” Gilligan enthused.

While they’re at it, perhaps they can get to the bottom of whether that electromagnet episode would have been possible in the real world.

EW.com first reported the news of the “Breaking Bad”/”MythBusters” crossover.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:25 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71903

Samuel L. Jackson Wanted Nick Fury To Appear In BREAKING BAD

In a very interesting interview with The Playlist (read the full thing by clicking the link below), Samuel L. Jackson once again admits that he has no idea if Nick Fury will be a factor in Marvel's planned S.H.I.E.L.D tv show, but he still thinks the eye-patch wearing spy should play a "Charlie from Charlie's Angels" type role at the very least. When The Playlist joke that he should do a walk on cameo in the background, Jackson tells them that he had hoped for such an appearance in Breaking Bad of all things. Both The Avengers and the AMC show shot in New Mexico ("They shot in the studio right across from us in Albuquerque"), and Jackson had tried to walk into a shot in costume and order some chicken from Pollos Hermanos, but he said none of the producers would allow him. "I just wanted to order a three piece and really freak people out," he chuckled. "Then people would be going, 'Wow, was that him?". Obviously even if he had of been allowed, something like that would never have ended up in the actual show (Fury vs Fring?), but how cool would it have been if this existed somewhere as an outtake?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2013, 01:48:09 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71903

Samuel L. Jackson Wanted Nick Fury To Appear In BREAKING BAD

In a very interesting interview with The Playlist (read the full thing by clicking the link below), Samuel L. Jackson once again admits that he has no idea if Nick Fury will be a factor in Marvel's planned S.H.I.E.L.D tv show, but he still thinks the eye-patch wearing spy should play a "Charlie from Charlie's Angels" type role at the very least. When The Playlist joke that he should do a walk on cameo in the background, Jackson tells them that he had hoped for such an appearance in Breaking Bad of all things. Both The Avengers and the AMC show shot in New Mexico ("They shot in the studio right across from us in Albuquerque"), and Jackson had tried to walk into a shot in costume and order some chicken from Pollos Hermanos, but he said none of the producers would allow him. "I just wanted to order a three piece and really freak people out," he chuckled. "Then people would be going, 'Wow, was that him?". Obviously even if he had of been allowed, something like that would never have ended up in the actual show (Fury vs Fring?), but how cool would it have been if this existed somewhere as an outtake?

Samuel Jackson is the biggest attention whore in hollywood.  He tries to force himself into everything going on big.  I'm glad they said fuck that on the breaking bad set.  

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2013, 12:45:07 AM »
So what is gonna happen?

I think Todd convinces his uncle and his gang he has perfected Walter's cook and they try to take him out.

Walter confesses he is a cook to his brother in law once he confronts him but says he will inform on his bosses in a sting operation for a plea deal.

Anyone got other theories?