Author Topic: McCain to hold 9 AM press conference on the breaking mistress/favors allegations  (Read 5593 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
IMO, newspapers like the NY times have a responsibility to investigate a story before publishing it, especially as it could significantly affect a presidential candidate and respected senator.  We need responsible journalism, not hearsay and speculation aimed with political motivation

The public should be demanding their evidence.

i agree completely.

the media (cnn, msnbc) are demanding the evidence as we speak, as is McCain.

they claim to have multiple sources, which I'm sure they're pressuring to come fwd at this moment.

It's going to be the biggest story of the year so far.  I can't see them deliberately trying to destroy mccain - either they wanted the story so bad they rushed it, or they do have the sources, and mccain is just lying.

remember, with his trouble with religious conservatives, he'd be in some serious troble even if he did admit it.  So we had to expect a denial, true or not.

The truth will come out here, without a doubt.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
calmus, I know you are an Obama fan but this transends the election.  (I'm not a huge McCain supporter just find this to be irresponsible and something that has come to be almost acceptible by papers).

Do you not believe the NY times has a responsibility to professional journalism and make sure the story has credibility and can be verified?  Do you believe they should come forward with details of their information?
No he doesn't because he's a blind Barack Hussein Obama lemming who hopes this has legs. The NY Times has a  few black eyes when reporting such dirt in the past.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

Do you not believe the NY times has a responsibility to professional journalism and make sure the story has credibility and can be verified?  Do you believe they should come forward with details of their information?

The NYTimes has dropped the ball a couple of times (see Jayson Blair), but I guarantee they know (better than McCain) the stakes here, and they've covered their ass.  Read the article, it's quite moderate.

All it suggests is that different people independently corroborated
-suspicions of an inappropriate relationship
-behavior that can be interpreted as doing favors.

I hope John brings his heavy-hitting lawyer buddies like he did when Cindy was about to get busted, because then the dirt will really be exposed.

With Cindy he could spin it, but this will be one time too many he's tried to "spin" shit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think they're setting the trap of the year here.  I'm cynical, and of course I don't trust the media.  

Instead of putting it all out there, they could be saying just enough to get him to stake his reputation on a denial.  Then, Day 2, they release the transcripts, photos, etc.

Entirely possible.  Also possible they have nothing but rumors.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

They have people who went on record. 

Just remember the Valerie Plame story.  The NYTimes writer did time because she wouldnt expose her sources, but in the end, her version of the story was borne out.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I think they're setting the trap of the year here.  I'm cynical, and of course I don't trust the media.  

Instead of putting it all out there, they could be saying just enough to get him to stake his reputation on a denial.  Then, Day 2, they release the transcripts, photos, etc.

Huh? Are you saying that the media doesn't just objectively report facts?  That's non sense Richard Jewel...I mean 240

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'm saying the media plays by its own business interests, as well as longterm us interests.

They have competing tangents, as we see today as MSNBC calls out NYT, demanding evidence.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Huh? Are you saying that the media doesn't just objectively report facts?  That's non sense Richard Jewel...I mean 240

Richard jewel was a nobody. let's get real here. 

This is the Rep pres candidate we're talking about.  All asses are covered. McCain spent the last month trying to intimidate the Fourth Estate, and he failed.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Richard jewel was a nobody. let's get real here. 

This is the Rep pres candidate we're talking about.  All asses are covered. McCain spent the last month trying to intimidate the Fourth Estate, and he failed.

The principle is the same, regardless if the object is a no body or a some body.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
The principle is the same, regardless if the object is a no body or a some body.

In an ideal world, it would be so.

But when the stakes are so high, you have to be much more careful. 

The Coach

This story is just the left being the typical left, they know "Obamanation" has no experiance and really did nothing as a senator and people like him ONLY because of his charisma and speaking abilities (even though he says nothing in his speechs) and the same thing could be said of Billary. No experiance is no experiance, theses people only baffle they're own people with the crap the spew. That being said the NY Times had no other choice but to run a smear campaign aginst McCain (who they endorsed). Did you really expect an ethical campaign by the left?

tom joad

• Getbig V
This story is just the left being the typical left, they know "Obamanation" has no experiance and really did nothing as a senator and people like him ONLY because of his charisma and speaking abilities (even though he says nothing in his speechs) and the same thing could be said of Billary. No experiance is no experiance, theses people only baffle they're own people with the crap the spew. That being said the NY Times had no other choice but to run a smear campaign aginst McCain (who they endorsed). Did you really expect an ethical campaign by the left?

are you saying that McCain has a lot of experiance and that Obama's speechs are empty?

The Coach

are you saying that McCain has a lot of experiance and that Obama's speechs are empty?

Yes.

Have you ever heard Charle Browns teacher? "Wa wawawa wa wawawa"

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
"All it suggests is that different people independently corroborated
-suspicions of an inappropriate relationship
-behavior that can be interpreted as doing favors."
--------------------------------

If thats the story and what they have, then its shouldn't meet standards to publish.  Its not responsible to publish someone's 'suspicion' and 'interpretation' without any hard evidence, which can harm their reputation. 

If they are holding back with more evidence, then lets see it.  I agree 240, maybe they are holding back for the 1-2 punch, but now's the time to bring it forward or expect shame for irresponsible reporting with political motivation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If they're not holding back, then they did a horrible smear job and should suffer some serious public heat for it.

If they are holding back, they just set the trap of the year.  Brutal.

So far, the mcCain team is doing a great job of looking innocent.  NYTimes is feeling heat.  If I had to bet, I'd put money on McCain to emerge relatively unscathed as of right now, although he does look bad for the mar 4 primaries.  huck will gain a few votes, no doubt, as some conservatives will believe an eventual mccain dropout will give it all to huck.

I wonder if huck knew at christmas when the NYTimes did.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
It seems obvious that the NY times is slandering McCain.  They had this story many months ago when he was not the lock for the nomination.  This a purely political move to harm his credibility.  If a major newspaper prints a story like this they better be able to present detailed evidence and be certain.

So far, its a couple annonymous people who worked for a McCain large committee.  Who knows what their agenda is.  The fact is we have no idea what happened.  It could have easily been that he spent more time with her than others.  We have no proof there was a relationship of any kind and no proof their relationship affected his judgement.  The person that warned her may have been watching for this sort of accusation based on appearance, whether or not there is any truth to it.

If the NY Times doesn't present credible specific evidence, they should be scrutinized heavily and sued.

They held the story so that Romney would not get a huge boost.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
They held the story so that Romney would not get a huge boost.

very possible.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
No experiance is no experiance...

Why should we support someone with experience???

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Obama will run as Prez.  hilary will get the VP nod.  Delegates are too close.

Obama will shake hands, make friends, and be a very well-spoken and dignified representative of our nation.

Hilary will spend her days in the Oval office "presidentin'", implementing her husband's 1992-1994 economic policy, and will use his and her experience to ensure Obama doesn't do anything stupid.

They'll be a good team actually - and this comes from a lifelong repub voter.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Tre, that could be.  Nontheless, the motivation was to hurt McCain.  They probably would not be so quick to publish something slanderous (that was shaky evidence) on Obama.

Experience in any job is incredibly important.  New politicians can have great gusto and intentions but fall incredibly short in being effective because they don't understand how to actually get things done through government and connections.  They still have to understand how washington works and how to run the government.
Its easy to criticize someone who has a long track record while the newcomer has less to go on.  If Hillary, McCain and Obama had the same exact agenda, I'd bet Hillary & McCain would be able to get more done because they understand the system and can work with and around it.

tom joad

• Getbig V
Obama will run as Prez.  hilary will get the VP nod. 

I would be shocked if Obama asks Hillary to be his running mate.  There isn't a voter in America who would support Obama in November just because Hillary is on the ticket.  Everybody who already backs Hillary will vote for Obama anyway (except for maybe Bill haha.)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I would be shocked if Obama asks Hillary to be his running mate.  There isn't a voter in America who would support Obama in November just because Hillary is on the ticket.  Everybody who already backs Hillary will vote for Obama anyway (except for maybe Bill haha.)

he doesn't want her.

but she'll enter the convention with enough delegates to demand it.

she'll also try to include FL and MICH votes, as well as to convince her super delegates to switch sides. 

He won't have the 2000+ required delegates, so some backroom deal will be made with the party elders (Gore, Edwards, Richardson, and others who have oddly declined to endorse anyone to retain their neutrality for such an event).  This deal will likely make Obama the Prez nominee and Hilary the VP nominee.  She'll try like crazy to get the prez nod of course, but I'd say at this point the VP role is pretty much assured for her.

And yes, she'll alienate a lot of voters.  But she's selfish and doesn't care.

The Coach

Why should we support someone with experience???

Because McCain has been in the senate forever accomplished alot while there and most importantly know's how to protect our country. Obama on the other hand has done little, I mean what has he really done? And is only a 2 year senator, dude even refuses to hold his hand over his heart during the pledge. Then we have Hillary, what has she done for NY, from what I can see, nothing really. She claims she has experiance because she was on her husbands coattails for 8 years.....big deal, since when does that qualify someone to be pres?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why does Obama not put his hand over his heart?

Did it bother anyone else when Michelle Obama said "for the first time in my life, I am proud of America...not because my husband is doing well but because we all came together".  That just sat poorly with me.  We are all disappointed with certain aspects of government and our country, but if you haven't been proud of your country, you shouldn't be in the white house.  Barack and his wife both went to ivy league schools (princeton and harvard, I believe)...so they have worked hard, but were also granted and benefitted by the best education in the country.

The Coach

Why does Obama not put his hand over his heart?

Did it bother anyone else when Michelle Obama said "for the first time in my life, I am proud of America...not because my husband is doing well but because we all came together".  That just sat poorly with me.  We are all disappointed with certain aspects of government and our country, but if you haven't been proud of your country, you shouldn't be in the white house.  Barack and his wife both went to ivy league schools (princeton and harvard, I believe)...so they have worked hard, but were also granted and benefitted by the best education in the country.

His wife needs to really think back on HOW she got in to an Ivy League school, she didn't have great grades (a below average GPA I'm pretty sure) and, most of all the got in because of affirmative action........and to top it off, she refuses to release her dissertation until after the elections....why?