Author Topic: BodyBuilders that were all "HYPE"  (Read 6827 times)

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
BodyBuilders that were all "HYPE"
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:47:18 AM »
Both these guys have been " major talkers" without doing much in bodybuilding. They claim to be "hardcore" but never really accomplished much of anything. They spammed there pictures day and night giving us "getbiggers" a whole lot of laughs, ladies and gentleman, the two biggest "talkers" who never backed up there claims,,,lets give it up for Mike "Don't Call Me Latino" Arvilla and his idol, The Rhino...

Arvilla coming off a 3rd place finish out of 3 competitors in the over 40 age group, and Jack "The Rhino" London, big and bloated. Way to go guys.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: BodyBuilders that were all "HYPE"
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
Don’t’ be a hater; it only makes you look bad.   :-[

They are both cool dudes. They never claimed to be pros or future Mr. Olympias.  For them, bodybuilding is what it should be: a hobby—not a profession.  Accordingly, they have the time to even be on a message board posting messages and going back and forth with participants.  There is nothing wrong with that; it doesn’t make them all hype; they don't take any of this too seriously and neither should you.  That said, I suspect they are both in better shape than you . . .

They are both having fun with bodybuilding.  That’s the whole point of a hobby.  ‘nuff said. 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »
Rhino is a guy living with a mid life crisis since the 80s, total douchebag, holds more water than the hoover dam...
L

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »
Mike has done more with Bodybuilding than 98% of you fu$kers on the board.

Lets see you diet down and get ready for a show!!

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 07:59:28 AM »
Don’t’ be a hater; it only makes you look bad.   :-[

They are both cool dudes. They never claimed to be pros or future Mr. Olympias.  For them, bodybuilding is what it should be: a hobby—not a profession.  Accordingly, they have the time to even be on a message board posting messages and going back and forth with participants.  There is nothing wrong with that; it doesn’t make them all hype; they don't take any of this too seriously.  That said, I suspect they are both in better shape than you . . .

They are both having fun with bodybuilding.  That’s the whole point of a hobby.  ‘nuff said. 

I don't agree. I think they have all the time in the world BECAUSE of posting on a message board and not taking their training serious enough. Arvilla has not made any improvements in the last 5 years. The Rhino is looking unhealthy. Sometimes you got to hate the players to bring out the best in them.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 08:02:36 AM »
When i was in the gym with Rhino he was commenting on how all the 'test' he was on was making him more red than normal...what a homo..
L

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 08:05:19 AM »
When i was in the gym with Rhino he was commenting on how all the 'test' he was on was making him more red than normal...what a homo..

What up champ. You're looking good JaeJonna. You're miles ahead of either of those guys.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »
Yes, FLEX magazine might've jumped the gun a few years ago when they put Arvilla on the cover with Richard Jones under the heading "Future Mr O's"

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »

I don't agree. I think they have all the time in the world BECAUSE of posting on a message board and not taking their training serious enough. Arvilla has not made any improvements in the last 5 years. The Rhino is looking unhealthy. Sometimes you got to hate the players to bring out the best in them.

You’re missing the point.  Like all hobbies you take it as seriously as you want to take it—not as seriously as someone else thinks you should be taking it.  If you believe one should take “their training serious[ly]” then by all means knock yourself out, but don’t fault someone because their priorities differ from yours.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 08:27:24 AM »
Interesting thread but terrible examples of hyped bodybuilders.  Neither of them had much hype atall. 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 09:09:11 AM »
Interesting thread but terrible examples of hyped bodybuilders.  Neither of them had much hype atall. 

I meant "hyping themselves up" to the point where we never even saw anything. I remember the Rhino coming on here hyping himself up, spamming his pictures, and he never actually accomplished much, he talked and he hyped himself up, but when came game time, he did nothing. The same with Arvilla. No improvements. The guy diets down to 135lbs and thinks that, that is coming in, "in shape". I can't help to laugh every time I see his picture. Arvilla, Billy Guns, Vince Goodrum and the Rhino have got to be the most delusional people on here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »
Jack "The Rhino" London was a fairly well-known name here.  Love him or hate him, you knew who the guy was.  He got to share the stage with Lee Priest, got a cover and a nice pile of mag interviews, and had some fun with it.  And to this day, he's bigger and stronger than 99% of the people in America, and working at a capital firm making good money.  So I'm happy for him.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 09:22:27 AM »
Two "name" bodybuilders that come to mind are Vic Richards and Kovacs. Bother had major hype surrounding them but had little success.

As far as hobbiest bodybuilders, honestly 99.9% are pretty average once they come off of their bulking period.

One of the funniest was Adam Ramsey, any oldtimers remember him from 8-10 years back?  

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 09:51:28 AM »
Where the fuck is Rhino

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 09:55:51 AM »
And here I was gonna say Richard Jones.  :-X

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »
No hype.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
Jack "The Rhino" London was a fairly well-known name here.  Love him or hate him, you knew who the guy was.  He got to share the stage with Lee Priest, got a cover and a nice pile of mag interviews, and had some fun with it.  And to this day, he's bigger and stronger than 99% of the people in America, and working at a capital firm making good money.  So I'm happy for him.

Agreed, Jack is a good man.....I like the dude.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 10:24:35 AM »

You worked out at the same gym as Rhino? what was that guy like in person?
shotgun on the team

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »

He'd fly off the handle insulting anyone who came at him negatively. He (and you) put himself out there and couldn't deal with the heat, especially when he came into the show looking like a bag of smashed assholes.

Seriously, he is a douche online. Maybe he's cool IRL, I dunno.

Also, his occupation and how much money he makes is totally irrelevant. He'd use it as a retort to acting like a dick, like "Hey, someone thinks I'm hot shit enough to employ me so you must be wrong!"

We judged him for his physique, which was touted and when we all saw the result on game day, we LOL'D.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 11:23:20 AM »
We can't forget Federov and Kamali (cmon you knew it was coming)

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 03:57:10 PM »
Both these guys have been " major talkers" without doing much in bodybuilding. They claim to be "hardcore" but never really accomplished much of anything. They spammed there pictures day and night giving us "getbiggers" a whole lot of laughs, ladies and gentleman, the two biggest "talkers" who never backed up there claims,,,lets give it up for Mike "Don't Call Me Latino" Arvilla and his idol, The Rhino...

Arvilla coming off a 3rd place finish out of 3 competitors in the over 40 age group, and Jack "The Rhino" London, big and bloated. Way to go guys.

:-\
Spirit of Truth

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 04:02:27 PM »
why doesn't Mike Arvilla be called a Latino? is he half black/white or something?  ???
A

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »
And here I was gonna say Richard Jones.  :-X

We're going to need more pics of that ass in your avatar. Perhaps you can start a thread?

Do it in G&O or in Politics...don't really read the other boards.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
why doesn't Mike Arvilla be called a Latino? is he half black/white or something?  ???

He is Half Latino, Half Spanish.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »
Where the fuck is Rhino

Focusing on his job.  If Citi is having problems across the board in financial departments as far as loses...then Playboy dont need to be on this board since he works financials.     
Oh...Monica!