Author Topic: Liberal bias in the media?  (Read 3115 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Liberal bias in the media?
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2008, 12:57:21 PM »
I agree with this. 

I also think people in positions of public trust--which includes pretty much all elected officials--are held to a higher standard. 

Roosevelt and Mitterand have never been considered bad presidents due to extra-marital affairs.

Roosevelt is by many people considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest, American president ever, and one of the greatest politicians and statesmen of all time.

So if McCain is having an extra-marital history or not should not be an issue. He's not in bed with the American people.
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 06:00:19 PM »
Roosevelt and Mitterand have never been considered bad presidents due to extra-marital affairs.

Roosevelt is by many people considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest, American president ever, and one of the greatest politicians and statesmen of all time.

So if McCain is having an extra-marital history or not should not be an issue. He's not in bed with the American people.

I don't think adultery necessarily makes a person a bad legislator or executive, particularly when it happened before a person is elected.  But when it's done while a person is in public office, that's really a whole new ballgame.  Clinton lost his moral authority to lead the military when he was getting blow jobs in the White House while soldiers were losing their jobs for adultery (which is a crime in the military).  Someone like Gavin Newsome should have quit as mayor of S.F. after sleeping with his campaign manager's wife.  IMO, Newt Gingrich forfeited his opportunity to run for president after pushing for the Clinton impeachment while being a major hypocrite.  I had the same problem with Rudy and his screwing around while he was mayor. 

It's really about people in positions of public trust respecting their office and the very public nature of their lives while in office.     

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »
I don't think adultery necessarily makes a person a bad legislator or executive, particularly when it happened before a person is elected.  But when it's done while a person is in public office, that's really a whole new ballgame.  Clinton lost his moral authority to lead the military when he was getting blow jobs in the White House while soldiers were losing their jobs for adultery (which is a crime in the military).  Someone like Gavin Newsome should have quit as mayor of S.F. after sleeping with his campaign manager's wife.  IMO, Newt Gingrich forfeited his opportunity to run for president after pushing for the Clinton impeachment while being a major hypocrite.  I had the same problem with Rudy and his screwing around while he was mayor. 

It's really about people in positions of public trust respecting their office and the very public nature of their lives while in office.     

And adultery is a sin...you forgot that part.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 06:18:04 PM »
And adultery is a sin...you forgot that part.

Thanks for sharing troll. 

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2008, 07:23:22 AM »
What a steaming pile of worthless shit!!

Good post patriot! You're a real American (because I said so).