Author Topic: My Pitbull Thread-----Progress Pics + other pics of Amazing Pits  (Read 68008 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: My Pitbull Thread-----Progress Pics + other pics of Amazing Pits
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »
Gotta love the white and green bone.. Each of my boys have one, it's the only toy other then the red kong ball they haven't ate yet.. I swear everytime I walk into Petsmart they ask what I am bringing back. My boys have started going through a black XL kong every week. I just keep taking them back and they keep giving me a new one.. I guess the lady said it is against there rules to tell me I can't buy anymore. I haven't paid for one in 6 months. Just grab the pieces and take the chewed one in and the boys eyes light up when they see a new one... got to love em...

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2008, 07:37:45 AM »
Just to save you trips to the pet store, someone reccommended to me using lacrosse balls for the dogs. Lacrosse balls are about the size of a baseball but just a solid hunk of tough ass rubber. I've yet to try it out but seems like it could work. Macy demolishes those kongs as well and shes wee baby compared to your dogs Sin. I dont think they are for power chewers like pits.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2008, 09:30:50 AM »
Here is my boy at 10.5 months old

his dome is fucking huge----the pic doesnt do it justice

I cant say enough about his personality and smarts------the most gentle and smartest dog I have ever met or owned

I love this dog more than life itself

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2008, 01:17:11 PM »

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2008, 05:32:44 AM »
He has a really good crop too. Nothing will make a good pit look bad more than a set of poorly cropped ears IMO.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2008, 05:56:13 AM »
He has a really good crop too. Nothing will make a good pit look bad more than a set of poorly cropped ears IMO.
thanks bro----I agree I hate seeing too short or just plain fucked up crops

my vet did a great job but  i did have to tape one of his ears for a couple weeks after they healed up, after the first week-----his ear even before it was cropped had a funny bend to it so I wasnt surprised I had to tape it, but I was surprised how great it ended up...I was afraid it would be all uneven and bending weird for life.

he's great, I take him everywhere, he's trained to be off leash---in my yard I never walk him with a leash, he knows and obeys "come" "stay", "sit", even when he is in a full sprint, if I shout "sit, stay" he'll stop dead and sit and stay there until I come over or until I call him.  when out in public I walk him with a leash though, since I dont trust people and for the fact he's a scary looking dog.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008, 06:07:32 AM »
Man, sounds like a really obedient guy. I wish Macy was like that but I dont think I have put in that much time into her training. She obeys but she's a bit ornary and gets a little wild sometimes and wont listen. I'll just have to step it up a bit and spend more time with her on that.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2008, 06:24:52 AM »
Man, sounds like a really obedient guy. I wish Macy was like that but I dont think I have put in that much time into her training. She obeys but she's a bit ornary and gets a little wild sometimes and wont listen. I'll just have to step it up a bit and spend more time with her on that.
this dog as a puppy made me into a zen master bro-----------he was so hyper I would have to tell myself a million times a day, "he's just a puppy, he's just a puppy" and then I would calm down and work with him

I used to get frustrated when I first owned dogs but now I stay calm and dont get frustrated. I always use positive reinforcment----I also use a pinch collar, I discipline him through that if Im walking or in the house (the pits cant even really feel it since it distributes teh pinch evenly throughout the neck and simulates teh mother's disciplinary action, great tool).

Im the type of dude who could never in a million years hit my dog.  people who do that arent doing teh dog or themselves any favors---it just makes them more aggressive or neurotic.

the hardest command was "come" and "go inside" since he would turn that into a game of "catch me if you can" and run away every time I got within 10 ft of him  :P.  I overcame that by doing a lot of leash training (with treats and a pinch collar) and then gradually using a longer and longer lead (up to 30+ft).  NOw when I say "go inside" he sprints as fast as he can up the yard and up the stairs into the house  ;D, of course when he comes in a give him a minuscule pinch of butter  ;) ;D ;D

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2008, 06:52:56 AM »
I use a choker style, are you talking about the slip chain choker style or the ones with the prongs?

Its definately tough working with them but I'm the same way I dont get loud but there are times when I'm close to meltdown. She is on the leash constantly but at the same time once she is off its like time to run around and get wild it really pisses me off.

I just need to buckle down and get her ass into gear. She is really good about not chewing stuff up because I correct her for that constantly if she puts her mouth on something.

My biggest thing is off the leash obedience and trying to get her to listen and not to run off. Little bitch could probably be walked twice a day, 30 miles a day and still be a handfull. She is the same age as your big guy.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »
I use a choker style, are you talking about the slip chain choker style or the ones with the prongs?

Its definately tough working with them but I'm the same way I dont get loud but there are times when I'm close to meltdown. She is on the leash constantly but at the same time once she is off its like time to run around and get wild it really pisses me off.

I just need to buckle down and get her ass into gear. She is really good about not chewing stuff up because I correct her for that constantly if she puts her mouth on something.

My biggest thing is off the leash obedience and trying to get her to listen and not to run off. Little bitch could probably be walked twice a day, 30 miles a day and still be a handfull. She is the same age as your big guy.
its the prong one

works great--------I know what you mean about the energy---I have to let my boy run around at least twice a day for 45mins  :P

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2008, 12:17:09 PM »
Many people have told me prong collars are the way to go, I might have to get one. The dude that has helped me in the past reccomended the choker style chain for correction so thats what I have been using.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2008, 12:26:32 PM »
Many people have told me prong collars are the way to go, I might have to get one. The dude that has helped me in the past reccomended the choker style chain for correction so thats what I have been using.
prong is better it distributes the pinch evenly so it wont hurt the neck while the choker doesnt-

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »
All I can say is wow. I got macy a prong collar to work with her tonight and her response to it was amazing. Good shit right there.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2008, 07:20:51 PM »

Chokers cause trachea problems... Or so i have heard.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 08:51:01 PM »
Nordic,

Bro your boy is looking great.  I bet he makes you happier than a pig in shit.  And yes, pinch collars are a godsend.  I'm sure he'll be a loyal companion and devote his life to you.  Pit's are the best dogs in the world. 

Here's some of my whites in action.
\

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2008, 09:28:39 PM »
Bro your boy is looking great.  I bet he makes you happier than a pig in shit.  And yes, pinch collars are a godsend.  I'm sure he'll be a loyal companion and devote his life to you.  Pit's are the best dogs in the world. 

hogdoggin is some crazy shit,i have been a few times.people would be suprised at how popular it is.

bench

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »

Thanks brother, that shit is sick!!!! how many do you got. Yeah the pinch collar is the best thing in the world. He walks like a champ after his second walk on it last weekend.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2008, 12:55:14 AM »
hogdoggin is some crazy shit,i have been a few times.people would be suprised at how popular it is.

bench

I know some close minded folks think of hog hunting as a redneck sport buy hey I'm a redneck.  It really brings out the fight and instinct of the dog and It is far from dogfighting.  Too me, I'd rather watch mother nature in action than shoot hogs with a riffle.  It is a sight to behold to see a dog you trained do such work.  I can only liken it to watching your child excel in a sport like football. Us dog guys love these dogs.  I like Nordic (who is a very cool guy) believe that pits are the best dogs in the world.

Thanks brother, that shit is sick!!!! how many do you got. Yeah the pinch collar is the best thing in the world. He walks like a champ after his second walk on it last weekend.

Right now I have two. I have a female "Dixie" (half red and half blue, Razor's Edge line)that is my house dog, and a white Male "Gringo" he's my hog dog and the son of my former white "Playboy" who was killed in action.  The pic in my previous post with the other whites is Gringo (the dog on top going at the neck along with the other red collard white, "Hammer". "Thor" has the hog by the leg ).  They (the whites) are treyline, bred for this specific purpose.  They are gentle with all people and kids.  I keep him outside cause he's always trying to mount my female plus he keeps the possum and raccoon problem to a minimum.

I had a beautiful blond Rednose (Dangerzone line ), but the wife got him in the divorce.  He is posted previously in this thread buy I have posted his pic below.

BTW...The thick leather collars are only used while hunting so as the dogs don't actually get bit themselves by another dog in the heat of the action.  My buddy lost a collar so hammer had to go bareback so to say.

Dixie:

Bruiser:

Gringo at 3and a half months prior to his ear crop with pal and a piglet (his first kill) You gotta get them out there young the love to see the big guys in action!!!:
\

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2008, 05:13:01 AM »
Nordic,

oh yeah he's a great guy-----probably the smartest dog ive owned yet----hes a fucking goofball but serious when he's gaurding.

those pics are crazy bro-----oh man the dogs must love it!!! thats what these dogs are built for.  Its amazing how skilled hunters dogs really are.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »
oh yeah he's a great guy-----probably the smartest dog ive owned yet----hes a fucking goofball but serious when he's gaurding.

those pics are crazy bro-----oh man the dogs must love it!!! thats what these dogs are built for.  Its amazing how skilled hunters dogs really are.

Seriously that boar was 248 lbs. They hit that bitch like a train wreck.  Absolutely no fear.  Pits dogs are machines.  I love how they are 100% business in the woods and act like 5 year olds when they are at home.  The smartest breed I've worked with.
\

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2008, 02:48:36 PM »
Seriously that boar was 248 lbs. They hit that bitch like a train wreck.  Absolutely no fear.  Pits dogs are machines.  I love how they are 100% business in the woods and act like 5 year olds when they are at home.  The smartest breed I've worked with.

How many pits do you have?

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2008, 04:17:16 AM »
How many pits do you have?

Two at the moment.
\

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2008, 05:39:29 AM »
Here's some more of Macy. Shes awesome, I don't know I could have found a better dog at the time for as little as I paid for her.  She just turned a year old on the 5th.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2008, 04:07:46 PM »
Here's some more of Macy. Shes awesome, I don't know I could have found a better dog at the time for as little as I paid for her.  She just turned a year old on the 5th.

wow great shoulder muscles and good definition

she looks great bro 8)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »

Can't remember where your at, but if your looking for a stud let me know.. ha-ha Macy looks great brother congrats.