Author Topic: My 2 cents on the current state of the get big board  (Read 9923 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: My 2 cents on the current state of the get big board
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
There are people posting in this thread who I never respond to. I don't have to interact with dickheads.

Ironically, this isn't one of the crap threads on Getbig so what does Howie think about that?

I chose Getbig to debate a serious training theory. I chose this forum and not the training one. It went for over 20 pages which wasn't bad but in the end it was a total waste of my time.

I chose this forum to show the world my biceps supinator machine. It is the only one in a gym on this planet. Predictably, many bagged me so I ended up removing all those photos and seldom post anything from my gym. I definitely won't post any images of my family on Getbig. The way some target an ex or family is just plain appalling. No one would say that shit to my face. But some come on this forum and think they can say anything they like. Most of these cowards are anonymous and have to stay that way.

That we have a resident netstalker in Goatboy reminds me of the grumpy troll who used to live in the garbage can on Sesame Street. I watched that show when my kids were growing up. This forum would be better if everyone were known and not hiding behind gimmick accounts. I mean, where in the heck do all these 'new' identities come from?

Ya know Vince I think it stems from older guys like us thinking that you post on a forum , the same as you would talk in person. Many of the young bucs like having the fake names and crazy avatars, etc
Here is my impression(s):
1. Most of the really negative posetrs arenot really into serious bodybuilding, but casual fans.Young guys that admire strength and power, so they follow MMA and WWE pro wrasslin' along with bodybuilding.

2. Since they have no real intersted in actual, serious bodybuilding, they start crap to amuse themselves and those that think like them. Reminds me of when a student cuts up in my science class, gets bored and not mature enough to control themselves.

3. I bet most of these naysayers would walk around all wide eyed at a real expo like the ASC or Olympia.
Can you imagine how different they would act training with either of us or guys like us in an actual gym.
I sincerely think they would have a lot of respect for you Vince if they ever had trained with you when you were MR Canada ya know.
I would love to see that unique bicep machine again myself, thanks.

4. In the end we can't let the morons win with plenty of good guys like you still posting here.
The only practical solution is to finally IGNORE 99% of the nut jobs and kiddys.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2008, 04:35:07 PM »
Where are all the pros? Lee Priest gone. Milos mostly gone. Shawn on MD. No one is his right mind would post regularly on Getbig. Chick is a poor example of how pros should behave on Getbig. He attacks and insults everyone who doesn't agree with him. Anoint him as athletes rep.

Why on earth should attacking fat people be allowed on an internet discussion board? Ron is allowing some very ugly stuff here by not removing that shameful stuff. Just because some people are fat doesn't mean it is acceptable to bag them. I don't see that shit as being amusing. Bodybuilders should never bag how anyone else looks.

Just about every interesting threads ends up with insults being exchanged by various combatants.

I take my hat off to Melvin Goodrum. He posts as himself and debates with everyone. He is gay and is still posting here. Either the guy has no shame or he has a lot of nerve. We all remember how he bagged Derek Anthony for what he did on line.

Maybe he wouldn't snap at people if they didn't constantly accuse him of being part of a big BBing conspiracy and basically tell him he's a no good piece of shit lier who doesn't give a rat ass about bbers when he's been one for 3/4 of his life and fought longer and harder then most to get where he is at today in the industry. I don't know but I think Bob is a stand up guy and a honest one at that, it seems the minority of pro's don't like him (mostly guys who never touch the top 10) and not the top guys who actually carry the industry and make it what it is. It's like when guys attack Gene Upshaw when he's probably the best thing going for the NFL players union. Oh and BTW from what I have read Gene is a great man and someone everyone should aspire to be more like. So basically I don't knock Bob for being a dick to guys like you and others who slam him for no good reason and with no solid proof of any of your accusations.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »
I like all the stupid, childish shit, sorry guys.   :-\

Now Lightweight4Life on the other hand...it's scum like that that clog Ron's servers. they should get teh DELETE.

Def should, I mean it's one thing to be a wise ass and quite another to be nothing but a negative cock loving whore who would turn in Ann Frank to the Nazis himself if he had a timemachine.
I

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »

Maybe he wouldn't snap at people if they didn't constantly accuse him of being part of a big BBing conspiracy and basically tell him he's a no good piece of shit lier who doesn't give a rat ass about bbers when he's been one for 3/4 of his life and fought longer and harder then most to get where he is at today in the industry. I don't know but I think Bob is a stand up guy and a honest one at that, it seems the minority of pro's don't like him (mostly guys who never touch the top 10) and not the top guys who actually carry the industry and make it what it is. It's like when guys attack Gene Upshaw when he's probably the best thing going for the NFL players union. Oh and BTW from what I have read Gene is a great man and someone everyone should aspire to be more like. So basically I don't knock Bob for being a dick to guys like you and others who slam him for no good reason and with no solid proof of any of your accusations.
exactly, the only time Bob "attacks" anyone is when they're being assholes and attacking him without provocation.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »
exactly, the only time Bob "attacks" anyone is when they're being assholes and attacking him without provocation.
Bob is an IFBB pro former USA champ and active host on the best radio show in BB.
I don't always agree with BOB Chic , but find him a decent man with a passion for BB
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
Bob is an IFBB pro former USA champ and active host on the best radio show in BB.
I don't always agree with BOB Chic , but find him a decent man with a passion for BB
i don't give a shit what anyone says about me 'brownnosing" or whatever but i have to say that Bob has one of the most underrated, underappreciated physiques in bodybuilding in the last 25-30 years, height, width, shoulders, quad sweep, back width and detail, he had it all.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »
Ya know Vince I think it stems from older guys like us thinking that you post on a forum , the same as you would talk in person. Many of the young bucs like having the fake names and crazy avatars, etc
Here is my impression(s):
1. Most of the really negative posetrs arenot really into serious bodybuilding, but casual fans.Young guys that admire strength and power, so they follow MMA and WWE pro wrasslin' along with bodybuilding.

2. Since they have no real intersted in actual, serious bodybuilding, they start crap to amuse themselves and those that think like them. Reminds me of when a student cuts up in my science class, gets bored and not mature enough to control themselves.

3. I bet most of these naysayers would walk around all wide eyed at a real expo like the ASC or Olympia.
Can you imagine how different they would act training with either of us or guys like us in an actual gym.
I sincerely think they would have a lot of respect for you Vince if they ever had trained with you when you were MR Canada ya know.
I would love to see that unique bicep machine again myself, thanks.
4. In the end we can't let the morons win with plenty of good guys like you still posting here.
The only practical solution is to finally IGNORE 99% of the nut jobs and kiddys.

Basile and other older guys around here would meet nothing but a respectful young man if I met them in person. I wouldn't debate or respond to guys if I didn't like them or thought they were shitbags, I would love to meet Basile and try out his machines and some training techniques but I don't feel like talking about it with him online I come here for fun and pro BBing talk not to hear about nutrition, training or any of that nonsense. Onlyme is someone I would like to meet in the future and have spoken to him about it before because I am looking to move somewhere far away within the next year or so and I know he's got the connects and he's cool enough to other his help to me. You seem like a fun guy to go out to the bar with and get a little shitty but also someone who can engage in a serious conversation.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2008, 04:50:01 PM »

Exactly.

i don't give a shit what anyone says about me 'brownnosing" or whatever but i have to say that Bob has one of the most underrated, underappreciated physiques in bodybuilding in the last 25-30 years, height, width, shoulders, quad sweep, back width and detail, he had it all.

It really shows when he's doing interviews, dwarfs everyone except Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman and makes most look about as narrow as Laura Flynn Boyle .

Oh and he can actual pose which is a fading art.
I

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »
I agree Bob is a great ambassador for the industry.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
I post at all boards. Well... except for MD. They banned me before I even made my first post.

Honestly, Ron's board has changed a little since he started allowing sponsors on the frontpage, but, Ron's still a good guy and as long as he's a good guy I'll still post. Even if his friend Isaac calls me a "dick".

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »
BIGNATIONRADIO.COM sucks!

So do their message boards: www.bignationradio.com/smf

But Special Ed still rules:
BigNationRadio.com

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2008, 07:31:16 PM »
I like all the stupid, childish shit, sorry guys.   :-\

Now Lightweight4Life on the other hand...it's scum like that that clog Ron's servers. they should get teh DELETE.
FUCK YOU girl

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »
FUCK YOU ####

Whoa, "strommy", is there something?  You've been on Def Con 4 meltdown mode ever since your beastly ab shot was posted.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2008, 08:05:31 PM »
Whoa, "strommy", is there something?  You've been on Def Con 4 meltdown mode ever since your beastly ab shot was posted.
Did you say something you FAT FUCK. Isn't it time for another feeding. Punching you in your FAT fucking face would bring me joy. You are the scum that is reaking up getbig. Everyone here knows your gimmick. You must have been the fat kid everyone spit on when you were little so you come to getbig to try to make yourself feel better at this point in your miserable life. I can't imagine a girl wanting to be with you, your family probably sees you as a failure obviously no one in real life not these internet warriors here would want to be friends with a fat fuckin slob who posts shit on getbig 12 hours a day. You are a miserable worthless piece of trailer trash. You should go directly the the bathroom find some razors and slit your fat fuckin wrists because you are doing this world a diservice by being alive you FAT FUCKING PIECE OF WORTHLESS SHIT.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
Did you say something you FAT FUCK. Isn't it time for another feeding. Punching you in your FAT fucking face would bring me joy. You are the scum that is reaking up getbig. Everyone here knows your gimmick. You must have been the fat kid everyone spit on when you were little so you come to getbig to try to make yourself feel better at this point in your miserable life. I can't imagine a girl wanting to be with you, your family probably sees you as a failure obviously no one in real life not these internet warriors here would want to be friends with a fat fuckin slob who posts shit on getbig 12 hours a day. You are a miserable worthless piece of trailer trash. You should go directly the the bathroom find some razors and slit your fat fuckin wrists because you are doing this world a diservice by being alive you FAT FUCKING PIECE OF WORTHLESS SHIT.
Lots of cursing in this post meltdown.

Relax tiny tit, it's only the internet.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2008, 08:21:34 PM »

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2008, 08:55:12 PM »

If I didn't know you were John Stromm from Miami (who happens to have a severe acne problem), I'd say you were a troll.  And a bad one at that.

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2008, 09:11:52 PM »
It seems to me that a lot of the board has become a place of juvenille, smear attacks and retarded back and forth pissing contests. Sadly, poor Ron , Issac and Chic can't really do much to weed out of this idiocracy. Get Big could be a great BODYBUILDING fan site and we need not be like the ladies garden club.
Funny , witty and clever is GREAT.
Dumb , shallow and without merit is a bore.I suspect some here are so clueless they will think me the A-hole here, which is fine. Good luck , I will be back from time to time to keep up with the sports latest, but find many of threads pretty lame and useless here now.

isn't that what getbig is for? juvenile smear attacks and pissing contests? (juvenile has only one l)

i just realized there was a "positive bodybuilding discussion board" on here... damn...

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2008, 12:14:32 AM »

All the orignal Squad guys have seemed to get over that phase and moved on (but you guys still strike comedic gold at times) but it's the newer guys youv'e influenced to come here and be douchebags that's the main problem. They still think it's cool to gang rape members over mundain things and take it too far with the stalking and nonstop bashing of other guys. It's like when the Soviet Union disbanded and left all those countries to fend for themselves with no organization or structure and then most of them became complete assholes.

nailed it in one.

the problem is that it's impossible to post here because of the flaming. take candidate for example. i don't like the kid, i think he's an idiot. however, he gets bombarded with that old picture of him on a dirtbike in just about every thread he posts in. we're at a stage where you have to be even careful about showing before and after shots because people will harangue you with a picture from 2002 before you started working out.

or the "exposures". panda, you know i like ya and all, but i don't think that's particularly cool. consider this: getbig is indexed by google. when you repeatedly post someone's real name (and ESPECIALLY where they live), a future employer or whoever could google their name and find them on here, which many people don't want. don't believe me? i googled "john stromm" and the first two results were getbig posts, from you no less.

there's that joke going around now of "everyone on getbig is a millionaire that looks better than dennis wolf". you know why? because any time someone admits to being anything other than that, it gets used to flame them into oblivion. if someone gets into an argument about something and they have a pic up, but they don't look great, then every time they post someone's going to respond by putting up that picture.

and then there's the racism. i've said it to a lot of the regulars in private but i'll say it here now: the racism has made the Y completely fucking intolerable and it's bleeding up here, too. it's not even funny, it's just absurd. someone gets into an argument and suddenly there's "well i'm a white man so i win, sandnigger" or something similar. it's ri-goddamn-diculous and it's why i stopped posting there except i think once in the past few weeks.

to answer MOS: no bannings for most of you guys, but i think time outs and such should be handed out a little more liberally. there's a line to draw between over-censorship and letting the inmates run the asylum and lately it feels like getbig is dancing on the wrong side of it.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »

::) ::)

Your the type of poster who make this place shit. You contribute nothing, all you do is meltdown and make these super long posts trying to sound tough. YOUR A FUCKING PUSSY U CRATER FACED FUCK
No doubt about it...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »

Your the type of poster who make this place shit. You contribute nothing, all you do is meltdown and make these super long posts trying to sound tough. YOUR A FUCKING PUSSY U CRATER FACED FUCK

LMFAO.   What a great post after Magoo's heart felt rant.   

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2008, 03:41:58 AM »
When I was a PE teacher we occasionally played dodgeball. You know the game with those small rubber balls. The rule was if you were hit below the waist you were out. Well, Getbig reminds me of how some played that game at one high school I taught at. Instead of throwing the balls at the opponents some lunatics would hurl them at heads of unpopular guys.

If Ron doesn't have more guidelines then it becomes open slather. I think Howie and others have regretted posting personal stuff about girlfriends, etc., here. The way many comment on women is so crass it is embarrassing to all men.

If some thread is an embarrassment to Getbig then it should be locked or deleted. That way the lads soon know what they can't say and that should be the bottom line. The moderators have been fair when it comes to really objectionable personal insults about people not on the forum so I salute them.

I am still waiting for the vile thread on fat people lacking will power to be deleted. That silly debate about Dorian vs Ron should have been locked and left locked. No newcomer could read that many pages. In other words, if things become unreasonable then it is time to do something. Of course, we could argue all day over what is reasonable. 

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2008, 03:53:25 AM »
That silly debate about Dorian vs Ron should have been locked and left locked. No newcomer could read that many pages.   

Just as long as it's not deleted.  I am on page 762.  Started reading it a few months ago....

NOT !!!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2008, 07:42:36 AM »
There is more estrogen in this thread than Tittymans "pecs".

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »

Only wish you could say that to my face you fuckin prick so I could smash your ugly fuckin face in.