Author Topic: My 2 cents on the current state of the get big board  (Read 9973 times)

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
Re: My 2 cents on the current state of the get big board
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 08:10:46 AM »
It seems to me that a lot of the board has become a place of juvenille, smear attacks and retarded back and forth pissing contests. Sadly, poor Ron , Issac and Chic can't really do much to weed out of this idiocracy. Get Big could be a great BODYBUILDING fan site and we need not be like the ladies garden club.
Funny , witty and clever is GREAT.
Dumb , shallow and without merit is a bore.I suspect some here are so clueless they will think me the A-hole here, which is fine. Good luck , I will be back from time to time to keep up with the sports latest, but find many of threads pretty lame and useless here now.
Hey Howie, is the ex-wife available for anal??

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008, 08:44:22 AM »
It seems to me that a lot of the board has become a place of juvenille, smear attacks and retarded back and forth pissing contests. Sadly, poor Ron , Issac and Chic can't really do much to weed out of this idiocracy. Get Big could be a great BODYBUILDING fan site and we need not be like the ladies garden club.
Dumb , shallow and without merit is a bore.I suspect some here are so clueless they will think me the A-hole here, which is fine. Good luck , I will be back from time to time to keep up with the sports latest, but find many of threads pretty lame and useless here now.

Howie you're def right and like many I always enjoy humor and owning (if done right) but these days it just seems like there is nobody to keep these dicks in line, sad to say but we need the Squad back and all those other groups. It's like everybody and their pet goldfish has a gimmick but they aren't the great ones from years past.

Oh and you are the A-Hole on here, I thought you knew :-\
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2008, 08:46:14 AM »
I think there are too many subboards...

Yes, I hate having to check 487 boards to stay up to date. Mods need to grow balls and not be afraid to come down on new guys who are abusing the freedoms here so those who have been loyal to the site for years aren't driven away.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »
oh brother....  ::)

HAHAHAHAHA exactly it's funny when the vets do it but when you have hundreds of new guys basically copying old material it gets old and take the funny out of it.
I

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »
It only cost Howie 2 cents for his thoughts but it cost me 5 minutes outta my life reading this thread >:(

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 09:17:31 AM »
Everybody with their "good ole days of getbig past" stories... It's a shame to see a great section such as Gossip &  Opinions being filled up with a bunch of crybabies :'( now. Take it to Positive bodybuilding talk.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »
Everybody with their "good ole days of getbig past" stories... It's a shame to see a great section such as Gossip &  Opinions being filled up with a bunch of crybabies :'( now. Take it to Positive bodybuilding talk.

It wasn't always postive and never will be but it used to have more to it, now it's just a but of copy cats regurgatating old material and trying to claim it as their own. Also there is a lot of douches who try to hard to be "cool" on here and it just makes for annoying posters.
I

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 09:36:51 AM »
It has always been irreverent and comically negative here. It's part of what gives GB its charm (and I've been on here or browsing since its inception).

The one thing that does bother me is that it appears that the board has lost a lot of members over the years. The G & O section used to be a hive of activity with threads constantly being started and bumped..nowadays you can check back after a few hours and only a handful of replies will have been posted.

I am not sure what caused this..it is not the negativity because that has always been there and out of it has come some of the funniest moments in GB's history.

I don't know what happened but at some point a lot of guys left, or newbies got ran off, something! I don't know because my real life was kinda great back then  :D

Something happened to change the G&O..maybe they started moving more threads to different boards, more modding, less things allowed to stay up?

To me your post come to the heart of the matter . It is a lot more than some wiseass , lame humor or some negative posts. I never really get too upset about that. It is a matter of the "critical mass" of useless trivial , pissing contest threads that gratly outnumber any really funny or actual bodybuilding threads.
It reminds we of a bunch of high school kids that make fun of other people . Unless you are deeply involved with their lives you just don't "get it".

Thanks Vince B, for the kind words, but really this is no big deal on any personal level for me.I was merely pointing out some issues on the direction and current atmosphere of this board.
I will be back as always , but not get involved in many of the threads. Most are a bore, not funny and of no intertest to me. No more, no less.
I am will enjoy Pro BB radio and meeting folks at shows, etc.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
LOL, Howies 3rd farewell speech on this same 2 page thread!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »
LOL, Howies 3rd farewell speech on this same 2 page thread!!!
Separation anxiety? Co-dependency issues? 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 10:22:04 AM »
Instead of making general statement about what sucks and what doesn't, post up some specific examples, names of posters, etc......if that includes me then so be it.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »
Separation anxiety? Co-dependency issues? 

No, it is more a case of pathetic middle aged loser with  no life and only has his dogs for company.
I admit it at least.
I ne v er said I was never posting here again or melting down. I was simply pointing out the subtle change in atmosphere here at GET BIG.  No biggy.
Ok to be be specific, that recent back and forth thread about Mr fake pecs. I mean one thread was funny with a couple pics, but they way some went on and on you would have thought it was his ex gf that posted or he shot someones dog....geeeeeeeeeeeeeesh .

Overall, what bugs me is not just negative or retarded crap as I have been guilty of that myself.
It is these obscure, very detailed and specific soap operas between guys. This "he said/he said" crap over events I am mostly clueless about and they seem pretty trivial and petty.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »
It only cost Howie 2 cents for his thoughts but it cost me 5 minutes outta my life reading this thread >:(

Now THAT was funny and vintage get big. Ya want to learn how to crack on somebody, this is it.
Howard

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »

:'(

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »
:'(

Well you sure are the life of the party today ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
Well you sure are the life of the party today ;D

I’ve been visiting the getbig forums since before it had this yellow format… back when it had white background and the threaded message format (anyone else remember that?).  The board has really gone down hill in the last year or two.  I thought the Alternative Boards would give the kids and haters a playpen to keep them happy but it hasn’t.  The threads worth reading here are becoming fewer and farther between.  :-[

evolutnbatista

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »
BUMP FOR THE NATION!!!

You should try http://bignationradio.com/smf/index.php as an alternative; only a week old but show plenty of potential.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2008, 11:09:09 AM »
Is this another boom7.com?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »
I’ve been visiting the getbig forums since before it had this yellow format… back when it had white background and the threaded message format (anyone else remember that?).  The board has really gone down hill in the last year or two.  I thought the Alternative Boards would give the kids and haters a playpen to keep them happy but it hasn’t.  The threads worth reading here are becoming fewer and farther between.  :-[

Yes, sad but true. I got here during the middle of the golden age right before the population here started growing out of control. It was def a much funnier and controlled then now. The other boards were nice at first but now there is way to many and a lot of subjects get moved before anyone can even see him. I now scroll through G&O and there may be at most 4-5 threads worth reading.
I

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »

Some of those threads should have never been on the Gossip board to begin with and it's a lot of work, I think, for the Mods to keep moving some of these USELESS threads to the appropriate Board.
Get Big, or Die Trying

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Endless replys to the fake pecs guy thing is exactly the kind of obscure "inside jokes" is what I am talking about. Most of it is pretty much a bore. I am not mad just disapointed is all.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »
there's a reason a lot of us don't post like we used to, although it's funny how many "legends" (much as i hate that term) i talk to off the boards and we all kind of agree that GB as a whole has gotten eaten up by the "owning" mentality.

really, the negativity is just stifling here. people are leary of posting pictures or saying something mildly against the crowd because there's a cabal of people who will go absolutely apeshit and next thing you know they can't post anywhere without getting flamed to hell and back.

even milos, chick, and shawn, who normally leap into the fray, have been AWOL. pros won't post here and we can't get any industry people to hang around because the environment is just retardedly toxic. i pop in periodically to see what's up and update my training log, but dammit it just ain't fun any more.

cue "meltdown", "oh brother", "calm down, gloria", "settle down, tiger", "it ain't that serious", etc.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2008, 03:09:44 PM »
there's a reason a lot of us don't post like we used to, although it's funny how many "legends" (much as i hate that term) i talk to off the boards and we all kind of agree that GB as a whole has gotten eaten up by the "owning" mentality.

really, the negativity is just stifling here. people are leary of posting pictures or saying something mildly against the crowd because there's a cabal of people who will go absolutely apeshit and next thing you know they can't post anywhere without getting flamed to hell and back.

even milos, chick, and shawn, who normally leap into the fray, have been AWOL. pros won't post here and we can't get any industry people to hang around because the environment is just retardedly toxic. i pop in periodically to see what's up and update my training log, but dammit it just ain't fun any more.

cue "meltdown", "oh brother", "calm down, gloria", "settle down, tiger", "it ain't that serious", etc.

Exactly I have spent more time on here the past two days talking about this topic then I have everything else in the past 3 months. It's not as bad when something is said in a thread and left there but the douche bags now a days stalk people from thread to thread and keep it going non stop until either the person leaves or Ron has to put someone in timeout which hasn't been happening at all that I know of lately. Speaking about that anyway WTF Ron you havn't been enforcing any of the rules around here and things are getting worse then ever, why aren't you attempting to do anything about this?
I

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
I think you're taking things a bit too seriously mate. Chillax.

Now go out and do something nice fr yerself.

Chillax.  I like that. 
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »

In a nutshell the former Squad and posters of the Y have ruined Getbig, chased off the pros, experts and new folks that just wanna talk about bodybuilding in a stimulating, fun way.   The owning tone has ruined a once great bb resource.   There's no freedom to post pics as people get so horrendously flamed that they have no choice but to leave Getbig altogether.   In essence, if the former Squad and current Y board members were punished for their actions and/or forced off the board altogether the environment would once again become healthy and inviting for fun and stimulating conversations while still including just a touch of owning thrown in for good measure, correct?  Basically, everyone wants it to be 2005-2006 again on Getbig where things were fresh and new and everyone was equal.  No cliques, no clubs, no squads, no cool kids, no mock frats....none of that stuff basically.    Just want a casual environment in which grown adults and young kids alike can talk about their bb heroes, bb contests, diets, drugs, training and life in general while sharing pics of their development in a positive way that encourages people to want to continue posting on Getbig and draw others back to the board to reaffirm why we joined this board in the first place.