Author Topic: My 2 cents on the current state of the get big board  (Read 9920 times)

m8

• Getbig V
Re: My 2 cents on the current state of the get big board
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 02:48:16 AM »
Getbig is much more than a bodybuilding board.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 02:58:51 AM »
Getbig is much more than a bodybuilding board.

It's serious posters like you who make me come back mate ;D

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 03:01:10 AM »
It's serious posters like you who make me come back mate ;D

You're a pretty serious man yourself, kiwiol.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 03:02:39 AM »
You're a pretty serious man yourself, kiwiol.

Seriously?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 04:07:02 AM »
It has always been irreverent and comically negative here. It's part of what gives GB its charm (and I've been on here or browsing since its inception).

The one thing that does bother me is that it appears that the board has lost a lot of members over the years. The G & O section used to be a hive of activity with threads constantly being started and bumped..nowadays you can check back after a few hours and only a handful of replies will have been posted.

I am not sure what caused this..it is not the negativity because that has always been there and out of it has come some of the funniest moments in GB's history.

I don't know what happened but at some point a lot of guys left, or newbies got ran off, something! I don't know because my real life was kinda great back then  :D

Something happened to change the G&O..maybe they started moving more threads to different boards, more modding, less things allowed to stay up?

O

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 04:41:14 AM »
It has always been irreverent and comically negative here. It's part of what gives GB its charm (and I've been on here or browsing since its inception).

The one thing that does bother me is that it appears that the board has lost a lot of members over the years. The G & O section used to be a hive of activity with threads constantly being started and bumped..nowadays you can check back after a few hours and only a handful of replies will have been posted.

I am not sure what caused this..it is not the negativity because that has always been there and out of it has come some of the funniest moments in GB's history.

I don't know what happened but at some point a lot of guys left, or newbies got ran off, something! I don't know because my real life was kinda great back then  :D

Something happened to change the G&O..maybe they started moving more threads to different boards, more modding, less things allowed to stay up?

I think there are too many subboards...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 04:43:00 AM »
Well, Howie, you and a few others are known individuals. They are rare on this flotsam site. Goatboy and other cowards are free to say what they like and take no responsibility for what they post. The known posters are easy targets. It is the opposite of being a level playing field.

It all depends what we want from this community and why we post here. All that anonymous posturing is rather pointless. I enjoy humour but not witless insults.

This post already exceeds the comprehension ability of 80% who post here!

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 04:48:21 AM »
Howie and Vince,  I think that I should point out that you are posting in the "gossip & opinion" board.  Which be definition gives a lot of latitude to the range of topics.

why not post on the other more focused and serious parts of the getbig?

and yes I agree that the "g&o" has turned into a high school cafeteria
I

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 05:14:58 AM »
Howie and Vince,  I think that I should point out that you are posting in the "gossip & opinion" board.  Which be definition gives a lot of latitude to the range of topics.

why not post on the other more focused and serious parts of the getbig?

and yes I agree that the "g&o" has turned into a high school cafeteria

But we are not quite there yet.... look at the BB.com Misk section... now ~THAT'S fucked up.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 05:22:38 AM »
Well, Howie, you and a few others are known individuals. They are rare on this flotsam site. Goatboy and other cowards are free to say what they like and take no responsibility for what they post. The known posters are easy targets. It is the opposite of being a level playing field.

It all depends what we want from this community and why we post here. All that anonymous posturing is rather pointless. I enjoy humour but not witless insults.

This post already exceeds the comprehension ability of 80% who post here!

There's plenty of us who sling shit even after having posted names, pictures and other personal info. Having a few anonymous posters like Bluto and Goatboy who are pretty funny, is cool and keeps the mix interesting. This place would suck if trolls, both known and unknown, were banned or discouraged from posting.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 05:25:18 AM »
For the most part i just ignore it, but its things like the people who go through an entire post and highlight the word "athlete" or "sport" and rolleyes and say oh brother...

I don't know, just get sick of it after a while.

oh brother....  ::)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 05:26:23 AM »

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 07:09:07 AM »
But we are not quite there yet.... look at the BB.com Misk section... now ~THAT'S fucked up.
actually I find it funny you post on this thread as you are one of the main people who floods the board with shitty attention seeking crap.

does it make up for having no life?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 07:28:58 AM »
synthol. no leggs.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 07:30:39 AM »
Getbig is the shit!!!

sure there are some tits wandering around here but we have our resident sharks who tear into them and make them look like silly kids.

Thats the great part of Getbig, Ron is pretty liberal to letting people put other annoying members like Team Nasser in their place.

Plus with the sheer diversity and number of posters on here, it guarantees the place evolves and changes constantly.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 07:34:38 AM »

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 07:37:30 AM »
It seems to me that a lot of the board has become a place of juvenille, smear attacks and retarded back and forth pissing contests. Sadly, poor Ron , Issac and Chic can't really do much to weed out of this idiocracy. Get Big could be a great BODYBUILDING fan site and we need not be like the ladies garden club.
Funny , witty and clever is GREAT.
Dumb , shallow and without merit is a bore.I suspect some here are so clueless they will think me the A-hole here, which is fine. Good luck , I will be back from time to time to keep up with the sports latest, but find many of threads pretty lame and useless here now.
you're starting to sound like "Mr. Intenseone" aka "The Coach" aka "Joe Local" now, Howie. ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 07:45:43 AM »
It seems to me that a lot of the board has become a place of juvenille, smear attacks and retarded back and forth pissing contests. Sadly, poor Ron , Issac and Chic can't really do much to weed out of this idiocracy. Get Big could be a great BODYBUILDING fan site and we need not be like the ladies garden club.
Funny , witty and clever is GREAT.
Dumb , shallow and without merit is a bore.I suspect some here are so clueless they will think me the A-hole here, which is fine. Good luck , I will be back from time to time to keep up with the sports latest, but find many of threads pretty lame and useless here now.

You make threads like this every couple of months. Just leave if you don't like it.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 07:49:26 AM »
You make threads like this every couple of months. Just leave if you don't like it.
exactly, he's too much of an attention whore to leave though.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 07:50:17 AM »
The majority of the people who post on this site are actually fairly smart

I think the general average IQ of getbig is higher than most think

Their are also some of the most witty and clever people on the internet here

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 07:53:53 AM »
exactly, he's too much of an attention whore to leave though.
He was talking around Xmas about how his old lady makes a point of farting in his face and makes him smell it and guess what she ate for dinner(no I am not making this up). Only a bitch of a "man" would put up with a foul woman like that, no wonder he is whiny on here.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 07:55:45 AM »
He was talking around Xmas about how his old lady makes a point of farting in his face and makes him smell it and guess what she ate for dinner(no I am not making this up). Only a bitch of a "man" would put up with a foul woman like that, no wonder he is whiny on here.
that's fuccking nasty. :-X

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 07:56:47 AM »

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 07:57:05 AM »
:-X :-X :-X

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »
that's fuccking nasty. :-X

Not if she's hot and her ass is nice. Then it's almost acceptable as Christmas high jinks.
O