Author Topic: Obama put at risk......by secret service  (Read 1647 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Obama put at risk......by secret service
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:16:50 AM »
http://www.star-telegram.com/667/story/486413.html

What the hell is this all about?   >:( ???

Police concerned about order to stop weapons screening at Obama rally
By JACK DOUGLAS Jr.
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
Barack Obama speaks Wednesday at a Democratic rally in Dallas' Reunion Arena. Police were told to stop screening people for weapons before the rally began.

DALLAS -- Security details at Barack Obama's rally Wednesday stopped screening people for weapons at the front gates more than an hour before the Democratic presidential candidate took the stage at Reunion Arena.

The order to put down the metal detectors and stop checking purses and laptop bags came as a surprise to several Dallas police officers who said they believed it was a lapse in security.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence, head of the Police Department's homeland security and special operations divisions, said the order -- apparently made by the U.S. Secret Service -- was meant to speed up the long lines outside and fill the arena's vacant seats before Obama came on.

"Sure," said Lawrence, when asked if he was concerned by the great number of people who had gotten into the building without being checked. But, he added, the turnout of more than 17,000 people seemed to be a "friendly crowd."

The Secret Service did not return a call from the Star-Telegram seeking comment.

Doors opened to the public at 10 a.m., and for the first hour security officers scanned each person who came in and checked their belongings in a process that kept movement of the long lines at a crawl. Then, about 11 a.m., an order came down to allow the people in without being checked.

Several Dallas police officers said it worried them that the arena was packed with people who got in without even a cursory inspection.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because, they said, the order was made by federal officials who were in charge of security at the event.

"How can you not be concerned in this day and age," said one policeman.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Obama put at risk......by secret service
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »
I saw this too....I will not buy any CT shit. If he got popped during this event, then imagine the shitstorm. I wonder if his people told the SS to back off and get people in. Who knows.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »
I saw this too....I will not buy any CT shit. If he got popped during this event, then imagine the shitstorm. I wonder if his people told the SS to back off and get people in. Who knows.

Wondering if his people told told the SS to back off is...................... .....  very CT   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

;D

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »
They might have wanted to fill the venue...get him on stage, done and on to the next thing. Sometimes these people aren't security conscience. In fact given what I have heard about Clinton and his staff early in his administration, I wouldn't put it past his people ignoring any threat becaue they are so taken with him.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »
Dallas, huh?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »
U can't pull a Dallas these days...way to many camera's around. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody did something...but the first question asked would be...were was the SS. Why did they stand down...followed shortly by riots across the country.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
They might have wanted to fill the venue...get him on stage, done and on to the next thing. Sometimes these people aren't security conscience. In fact given what I have heard about Clinton and his staff early in his administration, I wouldn't put it past his people ignoring any threat becaue they are so taken with him.

This is amazing.......HH6, you are letting your political bias cloud your view of the facts.

"they might have wanted to fill"

"Sometimes these people are security conscious"

"give what i heard about clinton..."

omg, HH6,

These are the facts as we know them right now:

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence, head of the Police Department's homeland security and special operations divisions, said the order -- apparently made by the U.S. Secret Service -- was meant to speed up the long lines outside and fill the arena's vacant seats before Obama came on.

"Sure," said Lawrence, when asked if he was concerned by the great number of people who had gotten into the building without being checked. But, he added, the turnout of more than 17,000 people seemed to be a "friendly crowd."

Where does it even suggest Obama's people gave this order?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
This is amazing.......HH6, you are letting your political bias cloud your view of the facts.

"they might have wanted to fill"

"Sometimes these people are security conscious"

"give what i heard about clinton..."

omg, HH6,

These are the facts as we know them right now:

Where does it even suggest Obama's people gave this order?

Perhaps in the quote you highlighted.  Who do the secret service answer to?  Obama? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 09:46:52 AM »
Perhaps in the quote you highlighted.  Who do the secret service answer to?  Obama? 

That's what we are waiting on BB.  The SS hasn't responded.

As it stands right now, SS gave the order, not Obama.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »
Dude....i have no bias on this issue...His people might have wanted to get the venue filled so he could get on with his speech and move out. Clinton's people had utter contempt for security concerns and the military when they first got to the Whitehouse...its all documented. My point was they might have been naive to any threat as they feel their guy is so loved by the masses. I say this because I can't explain why the SS would stand-down.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 10:52:25 AM »
HH6, please ::) There is a point you can go beyond.  You've gone way past the camel with his head stuck in the sand on this one.  Just stop, I can't read another word you put down on this topic.  Stop, stop now.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 10:54:42 AM »
This also reminds me of the sectret service guy being called off of his position right beside by Kennedy and turning around to give a WTF shrug of the shoulders.  That says everything.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 10:55:11 AM »
Dude....i have no bias on this issue...His people might have wanted to get the venue filled so he could get on with his speech and move out. Clinton's people had utter contempt for security concerns and the military when they first got to the Whitehouse...its all documented. My point was they might have been naive to any threat as they feel their guy is so loved by the masses. I say this because I can't explain why the SS would stand-down.

HH6,  with all due respect, what you said was a knee jerk anti-lib reaction showcasing a political bias.   The obvious, explanation base on the current info is incompetency by the SS.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:02 AM »
What is politically biased about speculating whether or not Obama wanted the venue filled and/or whether they were naive? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »
 How many events have u conducted security for..anybody. Ok yeah...I'm sick of eveything being some ridiculous CT event. Everthing is a plot..usually right wing. IF Obama got shot there were would be a shit-storm of epic preportions. They would have to call in federal troops in some cities. Nobody is going to pop this guy...and nobody is going to pop him with the help of the Secret Service.  They might not have thought there was a threat...doubtful. They might have been asked by Obama's people to please get the crown and seated so they could get on with the event..possible. I don't know SS procedure.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
Neuro....Hey I feel the same way about u. Once again Libs without brains...name calling/racecard/ didI miss anything.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
HAHHAHHHAHHHAHHAA.... CLASSIC, REALLY FUCKING CLASSIC...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »
If Obama gets shot and lives, then HH6 will say that it was a ploy to get more attention and sympathy and to win a nomination he's already got in the bag.  ;D

Don't forget this is the same person who said Obama has ties to muslims because his middlename is Hussien and that's a legit reason to not support him. I guess anyone that buys gas shouldn't be allowed to run for office.

And I'm not an Obama supporter by any means.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 12:02:36 PM »
HH6 will say that it was a ploy to get more attention and sympathy and to win a nomination he's already got in the bag.  ;D
Everyone knows conspiracies are only committed by the leftwing.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
How many events have u conducted security for..anybody. Ok yeah...I'm sick of eveything being some ridiculous CT event. Everthing is a plot..usually right wing. IF Obama got shot there were would be a shit-storm of epic preportions. They would have to call in federal troops in some cities. Nobody is going to pop this guy...and nobody is going to pop him with the help of the Secret Service.  They might not have thought there was a threat...doubtful. They might have been asked by Obama's people to please get the crown and seated so they could get on with the event..possible. I don't know SS procedure.

What is politically biased about speculating whether or not Obama wanted the venue filled and/or whether they were naive? 

When did i say anything about a CT????

however,

all your responses point to anything but an irresponsible decision by the SS

which brings into  view a political bias.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=upiUPI-20080222-125522-8554&show_article=1

WASHINGTON, Feb. 22 (UPI) -- The U.S. Secret Service Friday denied reports that security measures at a recent Barack Obama rally in Texas were relaxed or deviated from established plans.

Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said there was no order from the Secret Service to stop screening people going to the Obama rally Wednesday at Dallas's Reunion Arena. He said that the event's security plans didn't involve having each participant pass through a magnetometer, as may be the case at other events.

The Fort Worth (Texas) Star-Telegram reported that some police at the event expressed concern about people not passing through metal detectors.

"Any allegations to the fact that we had suspended screening or deviated from the original security plan would be entirely inaccurate," Zahren said.

Obama, D-Ill., spoke before some 17,000 supporters at the rally ahead of the March 4 primary election in Texas. There were no security-related incidents.

While stressing that security preparations are different for each venue and event, Zahren said officials were happy with the security plan for the rally at Reunion Arena and the way it was implemented.

Limited use of metal detectors "in no way constituted a security lapse at this venue," Zahren said, adding that the security measures were developed with Dallas-area law enforcement personnel.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »
Works for me..no Obama has ties to Muslim groups because he has ties to muslim groups...google/ look it up. He is supported by the Black panthers. U can keep denying the fact that this guy has some serious issues. A one time mentor is an avowed communist. i guess none of it matters because he makes u feel good with bullshit.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »
When did i say anything about a CT????

however,

all your responses point to anything but an irresponsible decision by the SS

which brings into  view a political bias.

Bias?  I never expressed an opinion one way or the other.  Didn't see this as a Democrat/Republican issue either.  I didn't get that from headhunter's comments. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
I wasn't...its beyond belief that anybody would think that Uncle Sam would want obama dead....or have a hand in it. A simple explanation was given...u guys jumped to conclusions well beyond plausible. I made the mistake of not saying that maybe it was a mistake from the get go..or not true.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »
Bias?  I never expressed an opinion one way or the other.  Didn't see this as a Democrat/Republican issue either.  I didn't get that from headhunter's comments. 

that was for hh6.   And in explanation to your comment about bias, not from you but form hh6.