Author Topic: Obama once visited '60s radicals  (Read 718 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama once visited '60s radicals
« on: February 22, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html

In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement....

Let me guess, this doesn't matter either.  It's not really a big deal...yet it really helps to paint the larger picture about this guy. 
L

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Obama once visited '60s radicals
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
How the fuck could it matter that he met anti-war activists- ONCE as the title of this thread notes- almost 15 years ago!?!?!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:42:02 PM »
from the article:

"what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands"

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »
“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,”

Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »
Dr. Young described Obama and Ayers as “friends,” but there’s no evidence their relationship is more than the casual friendship of two men who occupy overlapping Chicago political circles and who served together on the board of a Chicago foundation.

Get a grip, dude.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
Yeah like I figured....nothing matters. I'd prefer our Commander in Chief not to associate with radical Leftist or avowed communists. McCain met avowed communists as well..they were beating the dog snot out of him.
L