Author Topic: Rice says has no plan to run for vice president  (Read 5040 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Rice says has no plan to run for vice president
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
Too bad.  She has the credentials and smarts to be VP.

Rice says has no plan to run for vice president

Fri Feb 22, 2008

Learn to Trade with a FREE Guide.WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Having long played down the idea that she might someday run for president, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Friday said she had no plans to serve as a vice president either.

There has been speculation that Republican presidential front-runner Sen. John McCain of Arizona might tap Rice as his running mate.

"I have always said that the one thing that I have not seen myself doing is running for elected office," Rice said at a news conference. "I didn't even run for high school president. It's sort of not in my genes."

While her comments were not a categorical refusal to run, Rice also said she had no expectation of playing a role in the campaign by speaking out for McCain or other candidates.

"We all take life a day at a time in terms of trying to get the job done," she said, saying she planned to concentrate on her work as secretary of state. "I don't expect in any way to be involved in this campaign."

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2262518020080222?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Purge_WTF

Re: Rice says has no plan to run for vice president
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:33:53 AM »
Too bad.  She has the credentials and smarts to be VP.

Dude, you're kidding, right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »
  Dude, you're kidding, right?

Not at all.  You questioning her credentials and intelligence? 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:15:04 AM »
Not at all.  You questioning her credentials and intelligence? 

Yeah, over and over again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 11:28:33 AM »
  Yeah, over and over again.

You question this? 

Bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver.
Master's from the University of Notre Dame.
Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver.
Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Honorary doctorates from Morehouse College, University of Alabama, University of Notre Dame, National Defense University, Mississippi College School of Law, University of Louisville, and Michigan State University.

In addition to teaching at Stanford, she served as Special Assistant to the Director of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Director and then Senior Director of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council, Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, National Security Advisor, and Secretary of State. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »
 I'm speechless.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »

I've determined Beach Bum is with "the al qaeda" because only a terrorist tard would like the ignoring of "Bin Laden determined to attack" for president or vp.   He's working us over on "the internets" to drive us fucking insane with the god's dumbest freaking opinions.  Oh yea, and he's not a republican or a rightwinger ::)  He's an independent so he says ::)  All I've ever seen him do is pick the extreme right/psycho neocon shit as being the thing and trash the left in his so suddle way of not quite posting what might be used against him....  Where's the puke smiley.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 01:08:49 PM »
I wish she'd run.

Obama would win 80% of the popular vote.

The majority of Americans despise the neocon agenda.

beach Bum, you're neocon scum, and dishonest scum at that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 05:43:36 PM »
I'm speechless.

You should be.  Outstanding credentials.  Condi Rice is a great American. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 05:45:42 PM »

I've determined Beach Bum is with "the al qaeda" because only a terrorist tard would like the ignoring of "Bin Laden determined to attack" for president or vp.   He's working us over on "the internets" to drive us fucking insane with the god's dumbest freaking opinions.  Oh yea, and he's not a republican or a rightwinger ::)  He's an independent so he says ::)  All I've ever seen him do is pick the extreme right/psycho neocon shit as being the thing and trash the left in his so suddle way of not quite posting what might be used against him....  Where's the puke smiley.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 05:46:05 PM »
I wish she'd run.

Obama would win 80% of the popular vote.

The majority of Americans despise the neocon agenda.

beach Bum, you're neocon scum, and dishonest scum at that.

What exactly are you 240?! What are you god fucking damn it?! Answer the question once honestly!?

We all know that Beach Bum is an ignorant, fundy nutcase, but what the hell are you?!
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »

Is that all you can muster, couldn't come up with a response.  I don't even get why you post it?  In what regards was my post a, "the sky is falling"  If you want "The sky is falling" just click one of the zillion speaches by Bush/Cheney/Condi meant to instill fear in the population.  Now there's your chicken little fucks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 05:51:05 PM »
What exactly are you 240?! What are you god fucking damn it?! Answer the question once honestly!?

We all know that Beach Bum is an ignorant, fundy nutcase, but what the hell are you?!

Says our resident uneducated troll.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 05:52:52 PM »
Is that all you can muster, couldn't come up with a response.  I don't even get why you post it?  In what regards was my post a, "the sky is falling"  If you want "The sky is falling" just click one of the zillion speaches by Bush/Cheney/Condi meant to instill fear in the population.  Now there's your chicken little fucks.

Sometimes I feel like responding to stupid stuff, sometimes I don't.  I thought the Chicken Little picture was the most appropriate response.  It fits. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »
Sometimes I feel like responding to stupid stuff, sometimes I don't.  I thought the Chicken Little picture was the most appropriate response.  It fits. 
fits who? Bush... I agree.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »
Says our resident uneducated troll.  

Uneducated?

Really....what do you presume to know about my education?, O Believer in Magic Apples and Talking Snakes?
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »
Uneducated?

Really....what do you presume to know about my education?, O Believer in Magic Apples and Taking Snakes?

I presume to know that you conduct yourself like an angry, uniformed dunce on the board.  Sometimes you provide good insight.  Most of the time you are a little troll.  I just read your comments on the religion board attacking people for no reason.  Troll.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »
fits who? Bush... I agree.

It fits you. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »
I presume to know that you conduct yourself like an angry, uniformed dunce on the board.  Sometimes you provide good insight.  Most of the time you are a little troll.  I just read your comments on the religion board attacking people for no reason.  Troll.   

Uninformed? Hahahahahaha...this from a guy who believes that Genesis is literally true, that the world is 6,000 years old and that a zombie in a loincloth is the son of himself sent to redeem all of humanity in a desert shithole two millenia ago. That's rich. The very fact that you believe such chutzpah and utter nonsense disqualifies you from talking about any subject in an informed and intelligent manner, including the topic at hand.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 06:17:36 PM »
Uninformed? Hahahahahaha...this from a guy who believes that Genesis is literally true, that the world is 6,000 years old and that a zombie in a loincloth is the son of himself sent to redeem all of humanity in a desert shithole two millenia ago. That's rich. The very fact that you believe such chutzpah and utter nonsense disqualifies you from talking about any subject in an informed and intelligent manner, including the topic at hand.

Ahhhh shaddap troll.  Give me your address and I will send you a Bible.  Better yet, it's available online.  Start with the book of Proverbs.  You need all the wisdom you can get. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
Ahhhh shaddap troll.  Give me your address and I will send you a Bible.  Better yet, it's available online.  Start with the book of Proverbs.  You need all the wisdom you can get. 

::) ::) ::)
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 06:26:02 PM »
Who gives a shit about Condi's credentials. 

What matters is how she performed in her job and the consensus is she pretty much sucks

Has anyone read the book  "The Commission" yet?

I've heard the author on the radio and his criticism of Condi is scathing.

More here:  http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/04/rice-911-commission/

Shenon singles out Condoleezza Rice as inept, more interested in being President Bush’s buddy than securing the nation. Newsweek editor Evan Thomas writes a preview of the book:

The official ineptitude uncovered by the commission is shocking. Dubbed “Kinda-Lies-a-Lot” by the Jersey Girls, Ms. Rice comes across as almost clueless about the terrorist threat. “Whatever her job title, Rice seemed uninterested in actually advising the president,” Mr. Shenon writes. “Instead, she wanted to be his closest confidante — specifically on foreign policy — and to simply translate his words into action.”

An example of this incompetence is the fact that on July 10, 2001 — two months before the 9/11 terrorist attacks — then-CIA director George Tenet met with Rice and warned her about a threat from al Qaeda that “literally made [his] hair stand on end.” Rice was polite, but gave them the “brushoff.”

The 9/11 commission, however, heard about this meeting only after it completed its report. Shenon reveals that commission executive director Philip Zelikow, a close friend of Rice, stopped staffers from submitting a report depicting Rice’s performance prior to 9/11 as “amount[ing] to incompetence.”

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »
Rice is either asexual or a lesbian.
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »
It fits you. 
::)  Lets see this admin has used fear at every turn, and I'm the chicken little?  I don't even have to make a case, your stupid statement stands clear in the absurdity of it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
::)  Lets see this admin has used fear at every turn, and I'm the chicken little?  I don't even have to make a case, your stupid statement stands clear in the absurdity of it.

::)