Author Topic: Zuma is okay with blacks-only rule South Africa  (Read 1106 times)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Zuma is okay with blacks-only rule South Africa
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:22:53 PM »
I saw nothing wrong," said ANC president Jacob Zuma when asked whether he approved of the exclusion of white journalists from an address at the Forum of Black Journalists (FBJ) on Friday.

"...All of us as South Africans in the 13 years of democracy come from different backgrounds... there are experiences that people would have that they may want to share," he said.

Zuma was addressing journalists after the FBJ re-launch held at the Sandton Sun hotel in Johannesburg.

Zuma was only due to address the forum and then leave, but agreed to stay to address the media, including white journalists, to explain why he agreed to speak at the event which sparked controversy when white journalists were barred.

Asked whether he thought if it was constitutionally correct to bar white journalists, Zuma said that was a question for the forum.

Abbey Makoe, FBJ steering committee chairman described his colleagues' behaviour as "shocking".

He accused the white journalists of "stage managing" and causing a "total commotion" prior to Zuma's arrival at the venue.

The Forum allows African, Indian and Coloured journalists to come together to "engage in healthy debate" regarding issues of common interest, steering committee chairman Abbey Makoe had explained on Thursday.

Earlier, e.tv reporter Ben Said was turned away at the door and Stephen Grootes from 702 Talk Radio was asked to leave the venue after initially gaining entry.

Yusuf Abramjee, and another journalist who had been allowed in left the venue in solidarity with Grootes.

Before leaving, they expressed their displeasure at the fact that whites were not allowed to participate in the forum.

Radio 702 laid a formal complaint with the SA Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) of racial prejudice.

The SA National Editors Forum (Sanef) strongly condemned the exclusion of white reporters, saying this "has no place in South Africa today".

"Our democracy came after a hard fought struggle at several levels including the media and every effort should be made to protect it," Sanef said in a statement.

The Sahrc confirmed receipt of the complaint and said it would be dealt with through its normal complaints process.

Spokesperson Vincent Moaga said: "We can't comment further, we have to give the (FBJ) a chance... we don't have all the facts." - Sapa

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: Zuma is okay with blacks-only rule South Africa
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
I don't even know why whites even still bother to live in this quickly deteriorating dump of a nation, outside of corporate headquarters anyways.  The World decried Apartheid and put immense pressure on the Apartheid government to give power back to the "native" people..."native" people that had arrived previously to butcher the original natives of that region.  Now, with Apartheid gone, something worse in many ways has replaced it.......mass ignorance, squatting on once productive collective farms, out of control violent crime, brutal oppression, starvation...

And the World is silent.

But, hey, S.A. is finally getting back in line with it's sub-saharan colleagues when it comes to disease, ignorance, atrocities, violence, and other ills that plague this continent, just like once-productive Zimbabwe now has.  S.A. only has a little ways to go to meet the Standard African Quota of backwards civilization.  The World remains silent on S.A. because S.A. now nearly meet the regular conditions of the rest of Africa.....now considered by most to simply the "way it is" on this continent.

Jacob Zuma and the entire ANC are an absolute disgrace to humanity, not just the nation itself.  How many more resources to find various ways to blame Europeans and Jews for their problems and demand money and reperations from them?  How many more discussions involving anything but trying to find solutions for their ills?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:36:04 AM »
I don't even know why whites even still bother to live in this quickly deteriorating dump of a nation, outside of corporate headquarters anyways.  The World decried Apartheid and put immense pressure on the Apartheid government to give power back to the "native" people..."native" people that had arrived previously to butcher the original natives of that region.  Now, with Apartheid gone, something worse in many ways has replaced it.......mass ignorance, squatting on once productive collective farms, out of control violent crime, brutal oppression, starvation...

And the World is silent.

But, hey, S.A. is finally getting back in line with it's sub-saharan colleagues when it comes to disease, ignorance, atrocities, violence, and other ills that plague this continent, just like once-productive Zimbabwe now has.  S.A. only has a little ways to go to meet the Standard African Quota of backwards civilization.  The World remains silent on S.A. because S.A. now nearly meet the regular conditions of the rest of Africa.....now considered by most to simply the "way it is" on this continent.

Jacob Zuma and the entire ANC are an absolute disgrace to humanity, not just the nation itself.  How many more resources to find various ways to blame Europeans and Jews for their problems and demand money and reperations from them?  How many more discussions involving anything but trying to find solutions for their ills?

Africa is truly a lost cause but few realise it without having lived there. But there we have it: Zuma dancing up on stage singing give me my machine gun...only in Africa.

One century after the Heart of Darkness was written and nothing has changed....sad. :-\
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:11:31 AM »

And the World is silent.

I agree...the problem is as a once sucessful white, u can't take ur money out of the country. They limit how much money,created inside SA, that can be taken out. The unfortunate truth is that the white colonists built SA and the Blacks have destroyed it. I think that the UN or somebody could have helped do a better job once Apartheid was replaced. A productive, democratic and unified SA would have helped in that region.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »
Africa is a piece of shit.

Why are they holding the football world cup in a shitty continent?  :(

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 07:32:46 AM »
Zuma is anti-democratic.

Mbeki is as well.

South Africa is going to shits as we speak.

Too few Mandelas I guess. :'(
As empty as paradise

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 10:34:17 AM »
Wow we all agree for once. 8)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:21:32 PM »
Africa is a piece of shit.

Why are they holding the football world cup in a shitty continent?  :(

It's a fucking joke I tell you. It will have the least impressive foreign supporter numbers ever (in relative terms).

No fucker I know is coming from Germany or England.

Zuma is anti-democratic.

Mbeki is as well.

South Africa is going to shits as we speak.

Too few Mandelas I guess. :'(

Dumbass, it's clearly the white mans fault.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 01:10:09 AM »
It's a fucking joke I tell you. It will have the least impressive foreign supporter numbers ever (in relative terms).

No fucker I know is coming from Germany or England.

I think we should hold the tourney in Equatorial Guinea, just to make sure the IQ level is kept on a satisfying level. ;D
As empty as paradise