Author Topic: Ralph Nader is running for President again... super  (Read 3798 times)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Re: Ralph Nader is running for President again... super
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 09:29:05 AM »
And he's sick of both parties....run nader run. It might matter if the current poles stay the same. I don't think so.

Wouldn't mind an independant running, if he/she is competent and could fill the job well.  Nader isn't that person and should stop entering the race.

I have to admit, though, I definitely agree with him on this issue:  Impeach Bush/Cheney  (see http://www.votenader.org/issues/.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 09:42:33 AM »
I have to admit, though, I definitely agree with him on this issue:  Impeach Bush/Cheney  (see http://www.votenader.org/issues/.

the minute you start impeachment, cheney retires and lets VP McCain fill in for the last 10 months of his tenure.

Do you want that?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 11:19:06 AM »
the minute you start impeachment, cheney retires and lets VP McCain fill in for the last 10 months of his tenure.

Do you want that?
Cheney can still be tried in an impeachment trial long after he's left office.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »

yeah, but he's moving to Dubai with Haliburton as a consultant.

And he'd be pardoned, I think that one would be an automatic.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »

How can he be impeached and removed from office after he has left office? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 11:43:57 AM »
That would be something.

The VP of the US--a republican--seeking asylum in an Arab state from his own country.

What politician would sacrifice his career and legacy to pardon that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »
That would be something.

The VP of the US--a republican--seeking asylum in an Arab state from his own country.

What politician would sacrifice his career and legacy to pardon that?

I wonder if they even care about their legacy.  I seriously view this administration as a group of white collar criminals (actually not so white collar as they have a lot of blood on their hands). 

They're here to steal and now that their time is running down I think they probably just want to get away. 

Having said that - I seriously doubt that Bush/Cheney would ever permanantly relocate outside the US - if for no other reason that security issues.

But then who knows what the future will bring - they may feel compelled to flee the country at some point in the future.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
haliburton is moving HQ to Dubai at end of 2008.
They wrote cheney a $36 mil check in 1999 before he ran for VP, he made them billions as VP, and smart money is on him being a 'consultant' to them starting 2009.  He was their CEO ya know!

Bush bought 100,000 acres of land in paraguay, and family hangs out there a lot now.

they're getting their $ and retiring someplace else.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
How can he be impeached and removed from office after he has left office? 
"It is possible to impeach someone even after the accused has vacated their office in order to disqualify the person from future office or from certain emoluments of their prior office (such as a pension). If a two-thirds majority of the senators present does not vote "Guilty" on one or more of the charges, the defendant is acquitted and no punishment is imposed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
I wonder if they even care about their legacy.  I seriously view this administration as a group of white collar criminals (actually not so white collar as they have a lot of blood on their hands). 

They're here to steal and now that their time is running down I think they probably just want to get away. 

Having said that - I seriously doubt that Bush/Cheney would ever permanantly relocate outside the US - if for no other reason that security issues.

But then who knows what the future will bring - they may feel compelled to flee the country at some point in the future.
I don't know what they'll do after the expiration of their terms.  Hell, they'll probably be viewed as Elder Statesmen b/c they wear especially large flag pins in their lapels everyday.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »
"It is possible to impeach someone even after the accused has vacated their office in order to disqualify the person from future office or from certain emoluments of their prior office (such as a pension). If a two-thirds majority of the senators present does not vote "Guilty" on one or more of the charges, the defendant is acquitted and no punishment is imposed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Ah so.  Thanks.  Never gonna happen. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »
didn't republicans help fund his last run?  I wonder if they're doing it again.  What would republicans be doing if dems were paying some disgruntled rightwing guy to run.  Holy hell, you'd never hear the end of it!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
haliburton is moving HQ to Dubai at end of 2008.
They wrote cheney a $36 mil check in 1999 before he ran for VP, he made them billions as VP, and smart money is on him being a 'consultant' to them starting 2009.  He was their CEO ya know!

Bush bought 100,000 acres of land in paraguay, and family hangs out there a lot now.

they're getting their $ and retiring someplace else.

yeah I know all that but I just don't see either one fleeing the country unless they are in imminent danger of losing their freedom i.e about to be incarcerated.

In that case I can't see President Obama pardoning them.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 02:17:05 PM »

Do you want that?

Yes.  McCain is far better than Cheney would ever be.  To put it bluntly, Cheney sucks.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »
They won't flee the country.  They'll pull a Saddam and hide out in an undisclosed hole in the ground.   ;D