Author Topic: Ralph Nader is running for President again... super  (Read 3803 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ralph Nader is running for President again... super
« on: February 24, 2008, 07:07:12 AM »
Just announced on NBC's 'Meet the Press'.

He's selfish.  He'll giftwrap Florida and the election for mcCain.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Ralph Nader is running for President again... super
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:08:51 AM »

He'll stand a snowball chance in hell against Obama

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »
He'll stand a snowball chance in hell against Obama

Yes, that's a given.

The problem is that he'll take away 3% of the vote in a 2-to-1 Dem:Repub ratio.

Instead of winning 50.1% to 49.0% in Florida, Obama will likely lose 49% to 48%.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:11:56 AM »
I like Nader but what a fucking idiot. He should've announced this six months ago. Shit he might have actually made some ground & an impact. Oh well...can you say clusterfuck in November?

KeepItReal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:13:52 AM »

Which "Meet the Press"?  Your post was at 10:07AM today.
NBC's "Meet the Press" doesn't air live until 10:30AM today on the East Coast.

???   ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 07:14:09 AM »
I like Nader but what a fucking idiot. He should've announced this six months ago. Shit he might have actually made some ground & an impact. Oh well...can you say clusterfuck in November?

not only that, but Ron paul is planning some big march to Washington.

If Ron Paul and Bloomberg run on an independent ticket, it could be very messy.  While it's great to see a 3 or 4 party election, it means the anti-war/anti-borrowing vote will be split, and the 25% that wants McCain (and his promised perpetual war for a century in Arabia) will be able to win the most votes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 07:14:47 AM »
Which "Meet the Press"?  Your post was at 10:07AM today.
NBC's "Meet the Press" doesn't air live until 10:30AM today on the East Coast.

???   ???

In NBC in my town, it plays at 10:00 AM

MSNBC added it to their home page www.msnbc.com at 10:03 EST this AM.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 07:15:49 AM »
Ralph Nader is 74 years old.  McCain is 72.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 07:19:49 AM »
On a serious note. I'd love to see a real third or forth party develop.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 07:22:18 AM »

obama has already gift wrapped florida for mccain himself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Nader announces new run for president
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »
Spoiler?

Feb 24, 10:27 AM EST

Nader announces new run for president
By HOPE YEN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Ralph Nader said Sunday he will run for president as a third-party candidate, criticizing the top White House contenders as too close to big business and pledging to repeat a bid that will "shift the power from the few to the many."

Nader, 73, said most people are disenchanted with the Democratic and Republican parties due to a prolonged Iraq war and a shaky economy. The consumer advocate also blamed tax and other corporate-friendly policies under the Bush administration that he said have left many lower- and middle-class people in debt.

"You take that framework of people feeling locked out, shut out, marginalized and disrespected," he said. "You go from Iraq, to Palestine to Israel, from Enron to Wall Street, from Katrina to the bumbling of the Bush administration, to the complicity of the Democrats in not stopping him on the war, stopping him on the tax cuts."

"In that context, I have decided to run for president," Nader told NBC's "Meet the Press."

Nader also criticized Republican candidate John McCain and Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton for failing to support full Medicare for all or cracking down on Pentagon waste and a "bloated military budget. He blamed that on corporate lobbyists and special interests, which he said dominate Washington, D.C., and pledged in his third-party campaign to accept donations only from individuals.

"The issue is do they have the moral courage, do they have the fortitude to stand up to corporate powers and get things done for the American people," Nader said. "We have to shift the power from the few to the many."

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, speaking shortly before Nader's announcement, said Nader's past runs have shown that he usually pulls votes from the Democratic nominee. "So naturally, Republicans would welcome his entry into the race," the former Arkansas governor said on CNN.

Nader also ran as a third-party candidate in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections. He is still loathed by many Democrats who call him a spoiler and claim his candidacy in 2000 cost the party the election by siphoning votes away from Al Gore in a razor-thin contest in Florida. Nader vociferously disputes the spoiler claim, saying only Democrats are to blame for losing the race to George W. Bush.

Though he won 2.7 percent of the national vote as the Green Party candidate in 2000, his percentage dropped to just 0.3 percent as an independent in 2004, when he appeared on the ballot in only 34 states.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NADER?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 09:45:21 AM »
Great, can't this acutally cause a brokered convention and increase the odds for canidates trailing behind?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 09:54:29 AM »
Great, can't this acutally cause a brokered convention and increase the odds for canidates trailing behind?

i've said all along that Hilary will weasel her way into the VP seat at worst, come convention time.  She isn't politically viable as pres for a run in 2012 or 2016 - it's now or never.  She either gets on the ticket now, or she's a lifetime senator, IMO.  To squander the frontrunner status, no one will put stock in her again, much less their $.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »
why do these morons do this, the guy will get like 3% of the vote and screw things up for everyone else. someone needs to put a stop to this if you know what i mean.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 11:49:50 AM »
Good job guys...Nader can't see that an 80% solution is better then his 100%.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »
Ron Paul should give the republican party his middle finger and run as an independent.

I think he'd surprise a lot of people.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 01:08:26 PM »
...the guy will get like 3% of the vote and screw things up for everyone else.

Yes.
When I read the headline, I immediately thought that the only thing his running means is that the losing party will cry that Nader stole votes from them and got the other party elected.

I would have rather seen Jesse Ventura announce he’s running.
Wonder if the reform party would back him this time?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
Ron Paul should give the republican party his middle finger and run as an independent.

I think he'd surprise a lot of people.

He already mentioned many times that he would'nt do that, I doubt he would change his mind on that.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »
i've said all along that Hilary will weasel her way into the VP seat at worst, come convention time.  She isn't politically viable as pres for a run in 2012 or 2016 - it's now or never.  She either gets on the ticket now, or she's a lifetime senator, IMO.  To squander the frontrunner status, no one will put stock in her again, much less their $.
hillary would definitly not run as a VP.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
hillary would definitly not run as a VP.

If Obama doesn't have the req'd # of delegates - and he will not - then a deal will be brokered at the convention.  Elders from the party will help decide who gets on the ticket.

hilary will threaten to split the party if "her voters are disenfranchised" and the 40% of voters who chose her don't get her on the ticket.  She'll get her way.

Then, watch her call in every favor clinton gave in 92-00... half those superdelegates worked for/with bill clinton, and they ARE ALLOWED to change their mind based upon new info or circumstances.

Finally, watch for an obama scandal to hit at just the right time lol... something fluff along the lines of the NYT/Mccain story.  if that hits during the convention, hilary has 40% of votes and a lot of flipped delegates... ticket could be hers in either position.

Or, you can tell me you're betting against the clintons, who have won everything they've competed in, since day one.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
Nader is an idiot.  He knows he can't win and uses the excuse that his candidacy brings up issues that otherwise wouldn't be aired.  The only issues it airs is, "Why is that old, brainless, fart running again, and again, and again?" and "When the hell is he going to die and put us out of our misery."

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 04:12:05 PM »
not only that, but Ron paul is planning some big march to Washington.

If Ron Paul and Bloomberg run on an independent ticket, it could be very messy.  While it's great to see a 3 or 4 party election, it means the anti-war/anti-borrowing vote will be split, and the 25% that wants McCain (and his promised perpetual war for a century in Arabia) will be able to win the most votes.
Nader has been an effective public servant much longer than Ron Paul.  If the democrats which, for the most part, supported Bush throughout much of his multiple legislative abominations can't beat McCain--hated by his own party--maybe it's time for a dissolution of the party.  As many around here point out, Rs and Ds are shadowy reflections of each other.

Say what you will about Nader, but he is definitely not an R or a D.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 04:49:48 PM »
I know he means well, but I'm fucking sick of his ass giving the rupukes the whitehouse. shit shit shit...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »
And he's sick of both parties....run nader run. It might matter if the current poles stay the same. I don't think so.
L