Author Topic: DENNIS WOLF SHOULDER TRAINING!!!!!  (Read 4209 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
DENNIS WOLF SHOULDER TRAINING!!!!!
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:29:53 AM »

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1143/204/

he goes pretty heavy for smith presses but only does quarter reps, why do these guys do this? i know about all the "constant tension on the muscles" bullshit but come on, looks pretty good in the clip though.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
Re: DENNIS WOLF SHOULDER TRAINING!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
I've waited all year for this I love men shoulder training  :o

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »
he goes pretty heavy for smith presses but only does quarter reps, why do these guys do this?

Probably because it works for him.....(the "constant tension BS" ;))

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:37:34 AM »
i hate that "works for him" crap, what if he did something what would have worked way better for him?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
i hate that "works for him" crap, what if he did something what would have worked way better for him?

But maybe that is the thing that works the best for him.  ;)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 10:16:04 AM »
ive done it both ways...
i find not locking out works best for me...
but that been said.. that range of motion looks really short he didnt even go half way i go to just short of locking the elbows..
but hey.. maybe that works best for him
choice is an illusion

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »

he goes pretty heavy for smith presses but only does quarter reps, why do these guys do this? i know about all the "constant tension on the muscles" bullshit but come on, looks pretty good in the clip though.
Squadfatty, please enough man envy. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
He get separations doing it like that  ::) ::) haha...does pro really believe that they can change the look of their muscles with low reps/high reps/half reps and different exercises???

I hope he learn some better English soon. Speaking like that, people will take him for a retard!

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »

Last thing he'd want to do is add anymore size there without first improving his biceps. He probably is just trying to get a good pump. Imagine what he will look like for the Olympia with a full year of training  :o

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »

I'm honestly always pretty shocked when I see videos like this.   The man looks great, but again I'm typically shocked at a pro's rep range.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 03:02:52 PM »
Squadfatty, please enough man envy. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, seriously, you need to chill with this shit.  You got exposed.  So what?  Move on, stop being a dick, and get a life (and some more Clearasil).

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »
his belly looks not small in that clip,but anyway a great guy

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »
Limp4Life has weak ass posts! Self owning at it's best!! ::)
Spirit of Truth

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 03:44:13 PM »
Limp4Life has weak ass posts! Self owning at it's best!! ::)
Epic_Monster time for some new clothes

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
I'm honestly always pretty shocked when I see videos like this.   The man looks great, but again I'm typically shocked at a pro's rep range.
pretty crazy ain't it?

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »
Epic_Monster time for some new clothes

WEAK!!
Spirit of Truth

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 04:42:42 PM »
 the limiting factor in all presses is the tricep.. the tricep limits the poundage used.. therefore the delts are not getting the stimulus they need.. by using only the range of motion where the delts are activated the strongest (bottom half) you can overload that portion and use mainly delts.. full range of motion is a huge myth in regards to hypertrophy..

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 04:43:31 PM »
10 days from the O. They train very differently don't they , that close?
O

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 04:58:15 PM »
His intensity's lame, non-existent; going thru the motions. Not even worth allowing that to be put on video. The ROM's not an issue, he could burn out the muscle using partials just as well or better than with full motions.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »
He get separations doing it like that  ::) ::) haha...does pro really believe that they can change the look of their muscles with low reps/high reps/half reps and different exercises???

I hope he learn some better English soon. Speaking like that, people will take him for a retard!

His English is 5x better than yours. My 1 year old son has better grammar than what you typed above

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »

It is heavy... I like to raise it higher than that, but then again, my shoulders don't look like his. Whatever works for you...

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 11:04:03 PM »
His intensity's lame, non-existent; going thru the motions. Not even worth allowing that to be put on video. The ROM's not an issue, he could burn out the muscle using partials just as well or better than with full motions.

Yeah, plant yourself in front of Dennis Wolf and give him some hints on how he should train properly.......ROFL ::) I guess he desperately needs your advice for his next prep.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »
the limiting factor in all presses is the tricep.. the tricep limits the poundage used.. therefore the delts are not getting the stimulus they need.. by using only the range of motion where the delts are activated the strongest (bottom half) you can overload that portion and use mainly delts.. full range of motion is a huge myth in regards to hypertrophy..
Agreed.  I go with full reps, but when you do partials...it actually hit the area better.  But hey, if it "works for him", so be it. ;D ;)
Yes, the "works for him" comment is fucking gay.  On all those drugs....almost anything will work.  Wake the fuck up. ;)
N

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 02:55:20 AM »
In another thread it is said Wolf got down to fatskinny 240 no training McDonald diet.Can someone say muscle memory and all drugs seemingly his back upto 300 pounds.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 03:01:43 AM »
In another thread it is said Wolf got down to fatskinny 240 no training McDonald diet.Can someone say muscle memory and all drugs seemingly his back upto 300 pounds.

A friend of Dennis (Jeff), wrote that he did not train for about 2 months after the Olympia, but his weight stayed around the 260-264 lbs when he started Training again after this break. He is back in training for the last 2 months, and in April he will be at the FIBO in Essen/Germany for guestposing.
So thatīs is very similar of what Ronnie Coleman did mostly after his Olympia-Wins....