Author Topic: NBA bench press claims!!!!!  (Read 25723 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: NBA bench press claims!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »

epic Fresh Prince fade and 15 inch arms.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 12:58:18 PM »
shaq's is legit.  D-Howard has a max of 375lbs and yao ming has a max of 350lbs.  Shaq is bigger than Ming and has been around longer than howard.  Ming is by far the most unbelieveable i know, but it's been confirmed by players and trainers.  Him and D-Howard have a 'competition' seeing that both are the heir apparant to next best centre, neither one wants to be out lifted or out worked by the other.

I think all are legit, except wilts.  I don't think the weight training in hsi time was serious enough for them to even care about doing bench press often enough, to build major strength.  Make no mistake though wilt was an athlete of out of this world proportions.  It's confirmed by Lew Alcindor (kareem) that he could jump and touch the very top of the back board in his early playing days.   

correction it's 310lbs for Ming and 345lbs for Howard. 
Abandon every hope...

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 03:41:14 PM »
epic Fresh Prince fade and 15 inch arms.

where's d j jazzy jeff ?

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 03:55:03 PM »

Ok this is excluding Wlits claim...hes a compulsive bullsh*tter.......

A professional athlete trainer once made a good point to me.  I said all these claims of Tiger woods benching 300lbs etc..is total bs. He said........

"Tiger is one of the hardest training athletes you will ever meet, i know his trainer also.  If you were being paided 7 figures a year to perform and the better you perform, the more money you make....what would YOU do?  These guys have superior genetics in the first place, which is why they are the best....and they also have superior trainers, drugs, their food prepared for them day in and out, are pampered, and can rest all day because they dont have to work like us." 

Then he said "if you had all of those options...would you be alot better than you are now?"  My answer was obviously....he11 yes!

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 01:24:33 AM »
Ok this is excluding Wlits claim...hes a compulsive bullsh*tter.......

drugs,

I guess its believable when you think about it let it be bowflex or free weights and yeah ALL DRUGS!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2008, 01:39:25 AM »
karl malone was probably pretty strong.
Rodney rodgers? anyone remember him? he was a huge guy.

mugsy bogues as well. only 5-3, but jacked, and short arms and explosive black power  =big bench press.