Author Topic: Estimate Trey Brewer's current bodyfat  (Read 32341 times)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Re: Estimate Trey Brewer's current bodyfat
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2008, 01:51:02 PM »
not hate just bodybuilding critiqe,,i just put him in national level competition ,,,1000s of guys would pay with their right balls to stand national stage ,,,but he cant do the professional because he symetry and weak points are too many to count,,

told you before any one can do national competition,,,the ones who turn professionals are the ones who can use hormones and not fuck their look in addition to good muscle shape,,,he can defenitely be 220lb at low body fat though and be sure every one around will think hes the best bodybuilder in his city or whereever that may be

lol i think you mean matt t

Stavios

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2008, 01:54:49 PM »

No Matt T has pro potential

but MAtt C also looks amazing for a natural, great foundation on him. As GH15 said, I can see him as a national competitor if he stops being a pussy and start shooting some test  ;D

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »

oh no ,,i know the diff between the 2

matt t potential = pro card

matt c potential = with hard work and lots of hormones as in constant use  national competitor

matt t is 5'7? 5'6? he is 170lb on stage,,offseaon dont even touch 200lb yet still if you take a picture of him you will guess he was 215-220lb with pretty good muscle shape,,thats what you need in addition to kissing ass and lots of dedication and actually competing inorder to become professional,,,most people who at his level who dont get  apro cards are usually the ones who afraid to compete for god know what reason
fallen angel

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2008, 02:07:56 PM »

matt c potential = with hard work and lots of hormones as in constant use  national competitor

matt t is 5'7? 5'6? he is 170lb on stage,,offseaon dont even touch 200lb yet still if you take a picture of him you will guess he was 215-220lb with pretty good muscle shape,,thats what you need in addition to kissing ass and lots of dedication and actually competing inorder to become professional,,,most people who at his level who dont get  apro cards are usually the ones who afraid to compete for god know what reason

Anybody has pix of the two Matts for comparison.

Stavios

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

matt c potential = with hard work and lots of hormones as in constant use  national competitor

matt t is 5'7? 5'6? he is 170lb on stage,,offseaon dont even touch 200lb yet still if you take a picture of him you will guess he was 215-220lb with pretty good muscle shape,,thats what you need in addition to kissing ass and lots of dedication and actually competing inorder to become professional,,,most people who at his level who dont get  apro cards are usually the ones who afraid to compete for god know what reason
I always said that MattT should stop fucking around in the natty organisations and start competing in the CBBF !
his physique with ultra drum tight conditionning = welterweight winner

here is the picture of Yannick Brisson from my gym who won the welters at the canadian nationals, MattT needs to be this sharp ! (Yannick in the middle)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »
I always said that MattT should stop fucking around in the natty organisations and start competing in the CBBF !

here is the picture of Yannick Brisson from my gym who won the welters at the canadian nationals, MattT needs to be this sharp ! (Yannick in the middle)

big arms.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2008, 04:07:32 PM »
You Wanna Be Freaky? Then You Gotta Eat Freaky!

We have now entered what many deem as the most difficult aspect of this sport.

I've said this before, and I will say it again, you cannot get a highly competitive physique and maintain your abs all year long! It doesn’t work that way. And unfortunately, the majority of today’s magazines make this out to be the case.
The quickest way to gain mass is to eat, like you have never eaten before, and ask questions latter! If you have ever been to Venice Beach, you will understand exactly what I am talking about. Bodybuilders are absolute tanks in the off season!

I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with Ian Harrison, but he is actually one of the founders of the massive physiques you see on stage today. He is one of the first athletes to bulk up to over 320 pounds on a consistent basis, and as far as pure size is concerned, he was right up there with Yates, Rhul, and Nasser. Ian has stated that he literally doesn’t care what he looks like in the off season, as long as he’s gaining size. In fact he has been quoted with eating three liters of ice cream a day while bulking. Literally, as long as he doesn’t throw it up, he will eat it!

And even then he may force feed it. During a seminar he told a very inspiring story. He ate 30 desiccated liver tablets, felt sick and threw them up. They went flying across the room. What did he do? Casually rinsed them off, and re-downed them, because he knew that was what it would take for him to get the physique he wanted. Ian has a difficult time gaining weight, so he did what it took to gain it!

“ If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“

Quote - Ian Harrison

It’s a fact that bodybuilders do not stay within 5-10 pounds of their contest shape, not if they are one of the monsters up there. Ian has an extremely insane regimen, in which he eats anything he can get his hands on all day, and essentially just makes sure that he gets 50 grams of protein in him every two hours to keep his amino acid intake up.

Lee Priest is the same way, in one interview he stated that he had lost, something like 300 pounds over the last three years! That’s insane! But do you think he could have developed a physique that freaky by staying lean all year long? Absolutely not! If you have ever seen his videos, you know that Lee feasts on Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mc Donalds, and other tasty food sources in the off season. One of my favorite quotes from him during a contest was this:

Just three more days, and no more chicken and rice. Actually I will eat chicken, but it will be Kentucky, and I will have rice, but it’ll be fried. “

Lee’s got a good sense of humor. Another story that comes to mind is Mike Mattarazzos off season shakes! Here is a quote from the man with the freakiest arms of all time!

If I couldn't finish a meal during the day, I would put a cup and a half of apple juice in the blender -- and this is the honest-to-God truth -- and throw steaks, fish, whatever I couldn't chew, into the blender. Then I would hold my nose and suck it down. That's a fact. Many times I puked that stuff back up, but it did the job….If you have been working hard in the gym, but you're not making the gains you want, there's one very simple reason: You're not eating enough.

As you have also noticed and heard, many bodybuilders eat junk food in the off season, because it is impossible to stay clean and get the amount of calories needed for these mammoths to gain size! Some of the most hardcore athletes in the world will actually bring their fast food meals with them to the gym so that they continue to stay in a state of anabolism! That’s no joke, its what they do to obtain freaky big size( you can’t pick that up in a text book)!

Junk food is so calorie dense, that if you maintain a high protein intake you can gain quite a bit of muscle mass off the stuff. Take the Austrian Oak for example. When he went in the military, all they had was junk food. However, he had to eat, or he couldn’t continue to grow. He rolled up his sleeves and ate as much of these foods as possible, and ended up putting on about 40 pounds! More than he had ever gained!

Am I telling you to go out and start eating junk food? No and no wise although you may advance to a point in which it is necessary). What I am telling you, is that you are going to have to eat like you want to be freaky, or you will never be freaky! If you can’t finish your meal, tuff! Rest pause for 5 minutes and force it down. There is no excuse for not gaining mass, you just need to do what it takes to gain it!

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2008, 04:09:45 PM »

I've said this before, and I will say it again, you cannot get a highly competitive physique and maintain your abs all year long! It doesn’t work that way. And unfortunately, the majority of today’s magazines make this out to be the case.
The quickest way to gain mass is to eat, like you have never eaten before, and ask questions latter! If you have ever been to Venice Beach, you will understand exactly what I am talking about. Bodybuilders are absolute tanks in the off season!

I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with Ian Harrison, but he is actually one of the founders of the massive physiques you see on stage today. He is one of the first athletes to bulk up to over 320 pounds on a consistent basis, and as far as pure size is concerned, he was right up there with Yates, Rhul, and Nasser. Ian has stated that he literally doesn’t care what he looks like in the off season, as long as he’s gaining size. In fact he has been quoted with eating three liters of ice cream a day while bulking. Literally, as long as he doesn’t throw it up, he will eat it!

And even then he may force feed it. During a seminar he told a very inspiring story. He ate 30 desiccated liver tablets, felt sick and threw them up. They went flying across the room. What did he do? Casually rinsed them off, and re-downed them, because he knew that was what it would take for him to get the physique he wanted. Ian has a difficult time gaining weight, so he did what it took to gain it!

“ If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“

Quote - Ian Harrison

It’s a fact that bodybuilders do not stay within 5-10 pounds of their contest shape, not if they are one of the monsters up there. Ian has an extremely insane regimen, in which he eats anything he can get his hands on all day, and essentially just makes sure that he gets 50 grams of protein in him every two hours to keep his amino acid intake up.

Lee Priest is the same way, in one interview he stated that he had lost, something like 300 pounds over the last three years! That’s insane! But do you think he could have developed a physique that freaky by staying lean all year long? Absolutely not! If you have ever seen his videos, you know that Lee feasts on Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mc Donalds, and other tasty food sources in the off season. One of my favorite quotes from him during a contest was this:

Just three more days, and no more chicken and rice. Actually I will eat chicken, but it will be Kentucky, and I will have rice, but it’ll be fried. “

Lee’s got a good sense of humor. Another story that comes to mind is Mike Mattarazzos off season shakes! Here is a quote from the man with the freakiest arms of all time!

If I couldn't finish a meal during the day, I would put a cup and a half of apple juice in the blender -- and this is the honest-to-God truth -- and throw steaks, fish, whatever I couldn't chew, into the blender. Then I would hold my nose and suck it down. That's a fact. Many times I puked that stuff back up, but it did the job….If you have been working hard in the gym, but you're not making the gains you want, there's one very simple reason: You're not eating enough.

As you have also noticed and heard, many bodybuilders eat junk food in the off season, because it is impossible to stay clean and get the amount of calories needed for these mammoths to gain size! Some of the most hardcore athletes in the world will actually bring their fast food meals with them to the gym so that they continue to stay in a state of anabolism! That’s no joke, its what they do to obtain freaky big size( you can’t pick that up in a text book)!

Junk food is so calorie dense, that if you maintain a high protein intake you can gain quite a bit of muscle mass off the stuff. Take the Austrian Oak for example. When he went in the military, all they had was junk food. However, he had to eat, or he couldn’t continue to grow. He rolled up his sleeves and ate as much of these foods as possible, and ended up putting on about 40 pounds! More than he had ever gained!

Am I telling you to go out and start eating junk food? No and no wise although you may advance to a point in which it is necessary). What I am telling you, is that you are going to have to eat like you want to be freaky, or you will never be freaky! If you can’t finish your meal, tuff! Rest pause for 5 minutes and force it down. There is no excuse for not gaining mass, you just need to do what it takes to gain it!

So do it.,,quit posting it,,go do it,,You're legs will be thanking me.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »

Quote - Ian Harrison

let me fix this wonderful speech and add some reality that with out it you will never be big,,you may very well be fat and in america fat and big is same thing but if you truly aim at getting big you have to be on the following

1. CONSTANT USE OF HORMONES,,WITH OUT THEM YOU WILL EITHER BE VERY FAT OR THIN TO ATHLETIC...USUALLY THE ATHLETIC LOOK IS ON SMALL TO AVERAGE DOSES OF ORALS BUT THATS FOR A DIFF DAY

2. YOU HAVE TO EAT TRUE BUT WITH OUT ADUCATE LEVEL OF HORMONES AND IF NOT TAKING ENOUGH HORMONES IN RELASHION TO YOUR LEAN MUSCLE MASS YOU WILL ONLY GROW FAT AND NOT GROW BIG

3. FORCE FEED IS VERY GOOD BUT IT WILL DO NOTHING TO YOU WITH OUT GROWTH HORMONE AND INSULIN FOLLOWED CLOSELY BY T3 ,,,A MUST ON ALL 3 AND WITH OUT THEM YUO WILL NEVER SEE THE NUBER 250LB AT SINGLE DIGT UYNLESS YOU ARE 6'9 ANTENA AND EVEN THEN YOU WONT IN MOST CASES

4. WHEN EATING A LOT YOU CAN NOT EAT CLEAN ,,,NO ONE DOES IT BUT IF YOU EAT YOUR CHINEASE MEAL YOUR BURGER AND YORU ICECREAM AND DONT KNOW YOUR HORMONES AND THEIR BI PRODUTS YOU WILL GET FAT AND DO NOTHING AT ALL,,,IF YOU EAT CLEAN YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO EAT A LOT PERIOD

5. IF NATURAL EATING CLEAN AND A LOT ONLY MAKE YOU QUIT BODYBUIULDING BECAUSE YOU WONT GROW ALTHOUGH WILL PUSH INTO YOURSELF A LOT OF CALORIES AND EVN THOUGH GOOD ONES THEY WONT HELP WHEN YOURE NATURAL AND OVER 25

6. YOU CAN SIT IN THE KITCHEN AND DRINK ALL YOUR MEALS AND MAKE SURE YOU GET IN 5000 CALORIES AND IT WILL BE SAME EXACXT AS SOLID FOOD AS LONG AS YOU DO IT EVERY 2-3 HOURS INSTED OF EVERY 3-4 HOURS,,

7. THE ABOVE NUMBER 6 WONT HELP YOU IF YOURE NATURAL ONLY HORMONIZED,,,AND IF HORMONIZED 10 PAPETI FOODS EGGWHITES SMALL PACKAGES A DAY EAILY DRINKABLE WILL DO WHAT ANY OTHER PROTIEN DOES ONLY BETER...IT NATURAL FOOD AND BETTER THAN PROTIEN POWDER

8. ALL THE LIFTERS WHO GET UP IN WEIGHT TO THE 300LB BETTER HAVE THE MUSCLE SHAPE NEEDED OTHER WIZE THEY WILL FOREVER BE TROPOPINED AND BY THAT I MEAN SIMPLY DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A PROFESSIONAL NO MATTER HOW MUCH KNOWLEDGE THEY POSES

9. ALWAYS REMEMBR THAT ON EVERY GIANT THERE IS THIS 156 POUNDER IN THE GYM THAT WASH THE FLOOR WITH HIM,,,IT IS ALL IN THE SYMETRY AND THE MUSCLE SHAPE  WITH GOOD FOUNATION A MUST

10. BODYBUILDING IS ILLUSION ,,IF YOU CANT BE 220 LB AND LOOK 240LB ....THEN BODYBUILDING IS NOT FOR YOU FRIENDS

THIS IS REALITY FRIENDS,,,,PUSH IN CALORIES IS ALL GOOD AND NICE,,,BUT YOU BETTER HAVE ENOUGH HORMONES AND YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU TRAIN SLEEP THINK AND DO ONLY BODYBUILDING,,NO ONE TRULY NEED 300LB IN OFFSEASON ,,,IF YOU GOT IT YOU GOT IT ...SEE STEVE REEVES ...SEE ARNOLD....SEE FRANK ZANE.,....MOST GUYS WHO GO UP TO 300LB OR EVEN 270LB ARE USUALLY THINKING THAT BY ADDING WEIGHT THEY WILL COVER BAD BODY PARTS...THEY WILL MAKE THINGS THAT ARE NOT THERE SUDDENLY APPEAR,,,,,THIS FRIENDS IS NOT BODYBUILDING IT HAS A NAME AND IT IS CALLED

POWER LIFTING

I LIKE POWERLIFTING BUT POWERLIFTING IS NO BODYBUILDING ,,,BOTH HAVE THEIR PLACE AND BOTH KIND OF LIFTERS HAVE MY RESPECT YET THE APPROACH IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT
fallen angel

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »

So do it.,,quit posting it,,go do it,,You're legs will be thanking me.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2008, 05:51:44 PM »
hahahahahhahahahahahaha

Stavios

« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »

6. YOU CAN SIT IN THE KITCHEN AND DRINK ALL YOUR MEALS AND MAKE SURE YOU GET IN 5000 CALORIES AND IT WILL BE SAME EXACXT AS SOLID FOOD AS LONG AS YOU DO IT EVERY 2-3 HOURS INSTED OF EVERY 3-4 HOURS,,

With all due respect, Great GH15, I am not so sure about that one

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »

Thought I would chime in on this one...

Just an interesting thought.... In Andreas Munzer's last interview before he died... he told John Balik that he would never go above 15 pounds his normal contest weight....that way he didnt have to suffer when he was forced to reduce.

It has been my obesrevation that while you cant, (realisticly speaking), gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, you can however gain muscle while staying realtively lean. There doesnt seem to be any rational reason to get too fat in the offseason to make gains....even if this approach was slightly more condusive to muscle growth....it stands to reason that anything gains would be lost to the extra time dieting...

Of course what/amount of chemicals one may be taking can add a lot of varience to this....

M!

"Only out of chaos; can a dancing star be born."
Nietzsche

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »
what a freaking LOSER that guy interviewin Trey is...he makes the dumbest comments and then at the end tries to grab his cheeks and give him a kiss.  trey should have just leveled his ass right there.  dumbass.

yeah were did they find that homo?? :-\
A

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »
What a Fukin Clown the dude asking questions tries to say he is 225 of muscle and Trey says he is 315 both are idiots. ::)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »
To many people who comment on the varous boards, Trey seems to be carrying a higher % of bodyfat than other bodybuilders in the offseason.

No doubt he can diet it away.  The question remains:  What is the optimal bf % for making offseason muscle gains?

The question has no answer that can be applied to every individual at all times just like all specific questions regarding human physiology.

There is NO way to know how many calories to consume at a given time to optimize lean muscle gain and minimize body fat.  That is why a caloric surplus with a buffer is the best way to opitmize lean tissue gain.  Yes, there are exceptions, but that is a general fact which can and should be applied if ultimate size is one's goal. 
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2008, 09:22:48 PM »

He looks great, nice overall size and shape.

Chris
w

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2008, 06:08:41 AM »
The question has no answer that can be applied to every individual at all times just like all specific questions regarding human physiology.

There is NO way to know how many calories to consume at a given time to optimize lean muscle gain and minimize body fat.  That is why a caloric surplus with a buffer is the best way to opitmize lean tissue gain.  Yes, there are exceptions, but that is a general fact which can and should be applied if ultimate size is one's goal. 

well said.................... .......

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2008, 08:07:13 AM »
interesting.

just seems like there should a bodyfat range where the body creates muscle better.

ok....
Can we then say that the body creates muscle just as efficiently at 15% as it does at 60% bodyfat?