Author Topic: I called it right again  (Read 1747 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I called it right again
« on: February 24, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »
not that it was hard for anyone to see aside from our lacking government :D

Analysts: Satellite shootdown also blows hole in diplomacy

In last week's space spectacular, a U.S. missile did more than turn a dead satellite into bits of space scrap. It also blew another hole in hopes that the world's nations could forge a treaty making outer space a weapons-free realm, analysts say.

Wednesday's orbiter shootdown by a U.S. Navy missile came just eight days after Russia and China, at the U.N. Conference on Disarmament in Geneva, submitted a draft treaty to ban weapons from space.

The U.S. action, ostensibly to eliminate a threat from a falling spy satellite, showed the world that the hundreds of communications, weather, reconnaissance and other satellites circling far overhead are vulnerable — as did a similar Chinese shootdown a year earlier.

The strike by a Navy cruiser's anti-missile missile also pointed up the fact that offensive "space weaponry" and defensive "missile shields" can be two faces of the same technology. The Navy's Aegis system, designed to intercept incoming ballistic missiles in space, became a tool of attack last week.

cont... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080224/ap_on_hi_te/weapons_in_space

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: I called it right again
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:38 PM »
I'm just happy it works....glad my tax dollars are going to something worthwhile.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
I'm just happy it works....glad my tax dollars are going to something worthwhile.
and on point ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »
What u trust the Russians or Chinese...the damm Chinese launch cyber attacks against our government and companies all the time. The last DOD defense review was pretty damm sure  that both countries have anti-satelite capabilities. Our senario's based on an invasion of Taiwan always include a massive initial degraded commo and satelite capability so we're used to getting sat/com equipment shot down.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 05:16:32 PM »
What u trust the Russians or Chinese...the damm Chinese launch cyber attacks against our government and companies all the time. The last DOD defense review was pretty damm sure  that both countries have anti-satelite capabilities. Our senario's based on an invasion of Taiwan always include a massive initial degraded commo and satelite capability so we're used to getting sat/com equipment shot down.
I can carry your logic to the same ultimate path each and every time.  Kill them all.  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »
No but what would u like to do...give them a hug and hope they go away. Maybe some warm milk. They have or are trying to produce the same capability.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
No but what would u like to do...give them a hug and hope they go away. Maybe some warm milk. They have or are trying to produce the same capability.

Let em.  Its a free country.      Oh wait , No its not...... :-[

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
Anybody kicking in ur door...stomping on ur rights. What rights of urs have been specifically violated?
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 09:54:52 AM »
Anybody kicking in ur door...stomping on ur rights. What rights of urs have been specifically violated?

Coming soon......because of people like you.  Shit-stirrers.   Stay home and mind youre business....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 10:00:18 AM »

Tell me about it.  I heard a clown at the Oscars last night talking about how we need to be rescued from the “darkness” and be taken back into the “light.”  He probably then went and got in his limo and went to a wild sex party.   ::)  Despite all the alarmist nonsense, you rarely hear people talk about specific rights/freedoms they have lost.  The only noticeable change in my life since 911 as far as freedom goes is airport hassles. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »
The only noticeable change in my life since 911 as far as freedom goes is airport hassles. 

You'll notice it when you retire and you find your social security $ isn't there.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 10:30:50 AM »
Tell me about it.  I heard a clown at the Oscars last night talking about how we need to be rescued from the “darkness” and be taken back into the “light.”  He probably then went and got in his limo and went to a wild sex party.   ::)  Despite all the alarmist nonsense, you rarely hear people talk about specific rights/freedoms they have lost.  The only noticeable change in my life since 911 as far as freedom goes is airport hassles. 

Try looking beyond your little Island for a change... ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »

Try looking beyond your little Island for a change... ::)

O.K.  I'll be looking at Maui tomorrow.  Does that count?   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 01:48:46 PM »
Then you make my case.  We lose all credibility with this.  When the Chinese did that missile test, the international community and every aerospace scientist in America came unglued on China with a case they're making space impossible for anyone to use by filling it up with crap that makes it to hazardous for anything to orbit.  All we did is to turn around and do the same fucking thing on a satellite that everyone knows would have been decimated on its own in reentry.  If the Chinese had second thoughts about further testing after everyone came unglued, they just stopped that.  So see look man, your logic is that they will no matter what and so we should too.  That logic has one ultimate path no matter what.  Kill them all.  There are so many other options to take that have real workable paths, but there is only one path, one option for the military industrial complex.  Right now, China IS gearing up for another test and now, they don't have to worry about being admonished for it, they can just say, hey we're developing and testing in response to your testing.  The cold war for space weapons has began and we are all ultimately the losers for this.  No good will come of it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
They were going to do that anyway....Beserk China will do waht they want to do...no matter what.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 02:44:33 PM »
They were going to do that anyway....Beserk China will do waht they want to do...no matter what.
kill them all then. ::)  You have not once that I know if taken issue with the American corporations who have funded the fuck out of China enabeling them to become a giant threat.  and you may not admit it, but you have no ground to stand on when you support a "do it because they'll do it" policy without seeing that any other policy has even been attempted. ::)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »
I was an Aegis tech when I was in.. the system is amazing. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 02:51:58 PM »
Please explain to these guys how far ahead we are in some or most aspects of warfare. China is doing everything they can to catch up and our ability to cut their comms is key to wining any future war with them.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »
Please explain to these guys how far ahead we are in some or most aspects of warfare. China is doing everything they can to catch up and our ability to cut their comms is key to wining any future war with them.
please address my posts and the points made.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »
kill them all then. ::)  You have not once that I know if taken issue with the American corporations who have funded the fuck out of China enabeling them to become a giant threat.  and you may not admit it, but you have no ground to stand on when you support a "do it because they'll do it" policy without seeing that any other policy has even been attempted. ::)

What other policy...these guys are stealing everything not nailed down....what exactly are we supposed to try. I have no control over American corporations....wild Bill and his band of idiots started that love affair. I want to know what policy ur advocating. We tried the carrot/stick approach with North Korea and we got screwed. When has that approach ever worked with these people.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 03:51:46 PM »
What other policy...these guys are stealing everything not nailed down....what exactly are we supposed to try. I have no control over American corporations....wild Bill and his band of idiots started that love affair. I want to know what policy ur advocating. We tried the carrot/stick approach with North Korea and we got screwed. When has that approach ever worked with these people.
No, republicans started the love fest with China and both parties have bent over to the corporate lobby ever since.  If you want to blame someone, it's as much the corporations as it is both parties who have pocketed the cash and did the bidding of the corporations.  If this were not the case, China would not be in a position to be a threat.  Policy?  Shit here's one, how about it becomes policy for a country to legitamately go down a certain path before we allow further business with them above what we're doing.  There are a million options to explore, to talk about...  What I'm telling you is, the only option we're taking is the one in the best interest of the military industrial complex.  That's a fact and a fact that has a bad ending.  money talks bullshit walks, has always been a cornerstone you can count on and no policy we've had with China uses it.  I'm not talking about embargos as much as incentives.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »
No, republicans started the love fest with China..

ah HAHAHAHA!!!! WTF?!?! Your entire post is hilariously wrong but this statement takes the cake.  How many times did Clinton invite Chinese leadership to stay in the white house?!?!

hahahahahaha!!!!... keep towing the "evil republicans again" line you've been taught by the mass media, good job. ;D