Author Topic: Can America handle having a Black President?  (Read 5857 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Can America handle having a Black President?
« on: February 26, 2008, 06:41:15 AM »
I'm a fan of Barrack.  I think he has a lot of swagger and might be able to make a good president.  My only question is can American handle having a Black President? Although people like to think that racism is nonexistent, it is still strong in a lot of the middle states in the US.  Just like what happened to MLK, Malcom X, I would believe that Barrack would be under the highest of security because those crazed KKK people will be on the hunt.  As forward as I would like to think this country is there are still a lot of ass backwards people.
I can see the white-male republicans going nuts if a black man ever became their leader.  If you look at the majority of all corporations, about 99% of the upper execs are white males with a few women and blacks thrown in.
Barrack believes that he can bring American back together on a common ground but I honestly believe he would end up splitting this county in two if he won.  A lot of people would not respect him or consider him their president because of race.

Let's keep this conversation civil and lay off any racist remarks.  I would like to hear how many of you would be okay with having a Black man as President.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
Re: Can America handle having a Black President?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:47:10 AM »
if he ever get to...................... ........................ ........................ ...............that will be a disaster

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:47:59 AM »
I'm a fan of Barrack.  I think he has a lot of swagger and might be able to make a good president.  My only question is can American handle having a Black President? Although people like to think that racism is nonexistent, it is still strong in a lot of the middle states in the US.  Just like what happened to MLK, Malcom X, I would believe that Barrack would be under the highest of security because those crazed KKK people will be on the hunt.  As forward as I would like to think this country is there are still a lot of ass backwards people.
I can see the white-male republicans going nuts if a black man ever became their leader.  If you look at the majority of all corporations, about 99% of the upper execs are white males with a few women and blacks thrown in.
Barrack believes that he can bring American back together on a common ground but I honestly believe he would end up splitting this county in two if he won.  A lot of people would not respect him or consider him their president because of race.

Let's keep this conversation civil and lay off any racist remarks.  I would like to hear how many of you would be okay with having a Black man as President.

A black republican like Colin Powell or someone like that would be just fine as president.  What us "white male republicans" don't want is a black liberal democrat who supports all the affirmitive action black power-to-the-people crap. It would be like having fuccking Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in the White House.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 06:57:15 AM »
I think you have to refer to him a bi-racial candidate. There's a difference.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »
yes, but not him

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 07:10:24 AM »
yeah but hes just full of shit

remember what made us aware of him was several years ago he gave an amazing speech, a speech that was written by someone else and he was little involved in the content of it.

Hes an expert at telling you what you wanna hear without you relizing hes doing it

would of made a killing selling cars

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 07:12:19 AM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 07:15:37 AM »
Only time will tell.  

I’m a little dismayed by how well he is doing.  I think his ascension is yet another example of how large groups of people can be easily manipulated. Remember, we were manipulated into war in Iraq...

His blackness aside, this is a man whose resume is wafer thin in terms of seeking the Presidency.  He decided to run after only two years in the senate.  Most people who support him cannot name one, much less two, of his substantial legislative accomplishments.  He has no executive experience and his knowledge of how the federal government works is nascent at best.   :-[

His major qualification is his call for "change."

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:18:56 AM »
Only time will tell. 

I’m a little dismayed by how well he is doing.  I think his ascension is yet another example of how large groups of people can be easily manipulated. Remember, we were manipulated into war in Iraq...

His blackness aside, this is a man whose resume is wafer thin in terms of seeking the Presidency.  He decided to run after only two years in the senate.  Most people who support him cannot name one, much less two, of his substantial legislative accomplishments.  He has no executive experience and his knowledge of how the federal government works is nascent at best.   :-[

His major qualification is his call for "change."

Keep your opinion to yourself sodomite !!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »
A black republican like Colin Powell or someone like that would be just fine as president.

At the national level, he's certainly the best and most qualified 'leader' in America.  Unfortunately for us all - and for the world - Gen. Powell has no desire to be President. 

What us "white male republicans" don't want is a black liberal democrat who supports all the affirmitive action black power-to-the-people crap. It would be like having fuccking Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in the White House.

Hope this helps.

Gee, thanks, Bill Clinton. 

What you say is true, however.  The fear-mongering that has long been a right-wing staple has been at an all-time high this election season. 

And for whatever reason, both the Clinton and Obama camps play right into it.  The DNC's problem is that their ONLY plan for success ('success' being defined as winning the White House) was for the sitting President to fail.  War aside, if the economy had not tanked so badly over the past year, the Democrats would have NO chance to win the White House...not with these two candidates anyway.

After leaving the party, in the past 4 years, I've become increasingly anti-Republican.  I cannot for the life of me understand why the DNC has not adopted a more moderate, common sensical party platform.  That baffles me.  George Bush handed them this election on a silver platter as MANY moderate Republicans were looking for a viable alternative in 2008...but as I've said all along, they (the Dems) are doing their damnedest to blow it.

Thankfully, McCain is the likely nominee, but if you look at the Big Picture, that's essentially the Republicans bailing the Democrats out.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »

Note: I will be stumping for Obama this weekend in Ohio.

Again, it's not that I'm pro-Obama in terms of his platform, but I am VERY anti-Hillary and would contribute my dying breath to stop her. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 07:35:36 AM »
Keep your opinion to yourself sodomite !!

148 posts… how cute.  Here’s a newsflash newbie:  homophobia in bodybuilding makes about as much sense as anti-Semitism in Isreal or misogyny at a N.O.W. convention. ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 07:37:50 AM »
One of my classes at school here made it abundantly clear just how stupid most people are. My professor is really into politics and he was asking the students who they were leaning towards voting for on Super Tuesday. Two kids said they were voting Barrack because he was "young." When asked if they knew anything about his policies or if they could elaborate on why they were voting for him, they knew jack shit and ended up looking like retards in front of everyone. But I feel that most Americans are voting him for reasons like that.

It was only 30 seconds after that debacle that some kid claimed England gave the USA its constitution.  ::)

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 07:39:21 AM »
148 posts… how cute.  Here’s a newsflash newbie:  homophobia in bodybuilding makes about as much sense as anti-Semitism in in Isreal or misogyny at a N.O.W. convention. ;)
or checking id's at a Nambla convention

thisiskeith12

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 07:44:02 AM »
My only problem with Barrack is that he hasn't done much while being a Senator. Democrats were already grooming him to be the next nominee at the 2004 Democratic Convention when Kerry was the nominee.

And furthermore, if we as a country are to get past racism, it's not helping when you allow Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton publicly support you. Both of those guys would support a retarded midget if it was black.

Sure he gives a good speech, but I'd like to see him say something with more substance.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 07:47:35 AM »

A black republican like Colin Powell or someone like that would be just fine as president.  What us "white male republicans" don't want is a black liberal democrat who supports all the affirmitive action black power-to-the-people crap. It would be like having fuccking Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in the White House.

Hope this helps.
That says it all.  He's going to be taken apart in the general election. Someone with as liberal an agenda he has stands no chance unless he pulls a Bill Clinton and moves toward the center.  His color is a whole other issue. Louis Farrakhan endorsing you doesn't help either.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 07:50:53 AM »
Note: I will be stumping for Obama this weekend in Ohio.

Again, it's not that I'm pro-Obama in terms of his platform, but I am VERY anti-Hillary and would contribute my dying breath to stop her. 
dying breath ?  oh brother  ::)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 07:52:20 AM »
Affirmative action and welfare programs haven't given people independence like originally planned. They have only created dependence of people for these programs.

I always ask, if you were to get life-threatening surgery, would you rather have the most qualified doctor operating on you, or the doctor who got into med school just to meet a quota?

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 07:52:44 AM »
148 posts… how cute.  Here’s a newsflash newbie:  homophobia in bodybuilding makes about as much sense as anti-Semitism in Isreal or misogyny at a N.O.W. convention. ;)

::) ::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »
Bay I agree with you.

I would love to have a black president to break historical stereotypes...but not someone as liberal as Barack.  When you look past his speeches, his platforms are pretty far to the left.  We need a moderate in the white house.

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »

I would love to have a black president to break historical stereotypes...but not someone as liberal as Barack.  When you look past his speeches, his platforms are pretty far to the left.  We need a moderate in the white house.

Definitely agree - Obama is as liberal as they come. His church is racist, he is racist, and he only spews out what people want to hear. That's how liberals get the vote - they rely on polls and say what is necessary, and then once they're in office they do what they want, and only then does their true left-wing nature come to light. I don't think Obama being black has much to do with his campaign except for the fact that he would only exascerbate racial issues and ignite new ones. I would take a black conservative over a white liberal any day of the week.
Just another day...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 08:59:38 AM »

Those numbers and "facts" you put out there are far from being true.  Maybe this is your perception, but you are WAY off.  Where to begin?  lol

- Your claim that 99% of the upper executives in companies are white.  In reality, it's probably slightly higher than the actual white male representation in the US.  Minority-owned businesses contributed over $1.4 trillion in sales two years ago.  Jews(many do not consider themselves as being white...they are Semites) hold a number of powerful positions in many different companies, and percentage-wise, a LOT higher that their reflected US percentage.  You also assume that, without taking any individuality into account as well, that these white executives are all racists.

- The KKK is an absolute joke now.  Yes, they DID hold political sway back in the day, but it is said that nearly 10% of their memberships are FBI-infiltrated.  The KKK is reduced to a few guys in camouflage standing outside a Home Depot, where they get cheered because the passerbys think they might be US Servicemen recently come back from the war.  However, real racist groups that have real power(and often disguised or made out to be "minority empowerment groups") such as MECHA, the Council of La Raza, and the SPLC.  I can concede that the KKK could be one of the many hundreds of dangers to the personal safety of Obama, but is not the prevailing one.

- I'm surprised at your assertion that the Right-Wing harbors most of the racism towards minority groups, all based on a few Bubbas from the midwest who wave around Confederate flags.  In reality, it is the Democratic Party that gave rise to the most racist groups and individuals(the KKK, Jim Clark, George Wallace, Orval Faubus, etc...).  The real racism of today is group entitlement and pandering..........the belief that certain groups cannot achieve success and equality on their own as individuals without a Statist giving that group an advantage passed through legislature.....affirmat ive action and quotas to name a few.  Both Dems and Repubs are guilty of doing this.  Personally, I found there to be a LOT more racism here in the city, although to most Americans, nooses, trucks with gun racks, and confederate flags still embody what is racism.  It's 2008 folks, not 1950.

-  I guess you might have to tell all those southern white men who voted for Barak Obama that they are racists after his victories there.  I think Obama is a good man.  I will not vote for him because I disagree with some key issues on his platform.  However, you gotta love the people who keep throwing the "no experience" card.  Bush Jr. wasn't any more qualified to be Prez than Obama is.  In fact, nobody is qualified to lead the US.  We are a Republic, not a monarchy.  It is the media who keeps on bringing up race and Obama.  It is obvious the voters and the people on the ground are not.  

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »
Bush Jr. wasn't any more qualified to be Prez than Obama is.  

Governor of any state has been the single largest qualifier in presidents throughout US history so this statement is absolutely false. 

Excellent post otherwise. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »
 Bush Jr. wasn't any more qualified to be Prez than Obama is.  

Bush = Governor of the second largest state in the union for two terms, owner/operator of the Texas Rangers baseball franchise before that, oil company executive before that.  (not to mention being around and getting advice from his father through two vice presidential and one presidential term).

Obama = No executive experience.  Two years in the senate.

Hmmmmm.  Yeah, Bush is a dipshit, but he had way more relevant experience before entering office as compared to Obama.
Ron: "I am lazy."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 11:55:17 AM »
Bay I agree with you.

I hate to say this, but I'm actually torn.  I'm not sure I can vote for him.  If I do, I will have to hold my nose.  If there is one thing I cannot stand it is personality/rhetoric  winning out over qualifications.  >:(

I don't have a crystal ball; Obama may go on to be a great leader... who knows?  But a good result, if there is one, will not justify the bad practice of installing someone with such a meager record.  To me his race is not even a variable.