Author Topic: Strange Question  (Read 961 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Strange Question
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:25:31 PM »
Even though I am kind of out of shape (okay a lot) but getting better, why do my veins show so much in my hands sometimes and then sometimes they don't  And I can even see some veins popping through the forearms again.  But, what makes the veins come out sometimes then go away other times.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: Strange Question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »
Kind of off topic, but how's your strength these days man?  I know back in the day you were a beast.  Is it coming back to you like back in the old days?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
when I have to stand all day at work my hands swell up and my veins pop out like crazy.
When I take " supplements " that make me retain water the same thing happens .

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:32:43 PM »
Kind of off topic, but how's your strength these days man?  I know back in the day you were a beast.  Is it coming back to you like back in the old days?

Actually pretty good.  My chest loses strength so fast but I get it back pretty fast too.  My shoulder strength doesn't go away that much.  Either does my tricep strength.  Where I see the most strength lose is in my biceps.  I have a very hard time hammering with 60's.  In fact I rarely go past 50's right now.  My goal is to bench at least 500 again and seated front press 315 for reps.  If I don't get any pain in my shoulders maybe BNP with that.  But I know my bench and incline are weak because my triceps are not close to what they were even though they are kind of strong still.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »
Actually pretty good.  My chest loses strength so fast but I get it back pretty fast too.  My shoulder strength doesn't go away that much.  Either does my tricep strength.  Where I see the most strength lose is in my biceps.  I have a very hard time hammering with 60's.  In fact I rarely go past 50's right now.  My goal is to bench at least 500 again and seated front press 315 for reps.  If I don't get any pain in my shoulders maybe BNP with that.  But I know my bench and incline are weak because my triceps are not close to what they were even though they are kind of strong still.

Good to hear.  Those are great personal goals to work towards.  You mentioned pain in the shoulders.  Rotator problems?  Why do you think you've lost most strength in the bi's?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »
it might be poor blood circulation. what time of the day do they seem to show the most?
A

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:44:46 PM »
Possibly related to varying blood pressure.  Also, your veins will show where the fat is least present.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 10:47:13 PM »
sodium level. insulin level. carb intake. Insulin release dilates blood vessels. Sodium pulls fluids into blood stream. If on restricted calories high protein low sodium etc you can look more out of shape because you get flat, soft looking, because muscles are not very full and veins are gone. Or over training, to the extent where you feel a little cold.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »
Good to hear.  Those are great personal goals to work towards.  You mentioned pain in the shoulders.  Rotator problems?  Why do you think you've lost most strength in the bi's?

No actually I don't have that problem.  It really isn't pain but more like to tight I can't get my arms behind my head.  I have never had any kind of shoulder muscle or joint problems.  Really the only thing hurting me right now is my right knee  Kick the shit out of me sometimes.  It is so swollen because of my leg problem.  The water is just swelled up around it.  Other than that I actually feel really good.  Ankle to a little but not bad. 

it might be poor blood circulation. what time of the day do they seem to show the most?

It is mostly at night when my veins are the biggest.  I have alway had veins in my hands.  Like Cal Muscle says my hands are not fat.  My skin is actually pretty thin there.  I miss my veins in my arms and chest.  I know they will come back once I am down in weight.  My goal to be back is Christmas.  That will be about 200 pounds in about 14 months.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 05:08:23 AM »
No actually I don't have that problem.  It really isn't pain but more like to tight I can't get my arms behind my head.  I have never had any kind of shoulder muscle or joint problems.  Really the only thing hurting me right now is my right knee  Kick the shit out of me sometimes.  It is so swollen because of my leg problem.  The water is just swelled up around it.  Other than that I actually feel really good.  Ankle to a little but not bad. 

It is mostly at night when my veins are the biggest.  I have alway had veins in my hands.  Like Cal Muscle says my hands are not fat.  My skin is actually pretty thin there.  I miss my veins in my arms and chest.  I know they will come back once I am down in weight.  My goal to be back is Christmas.  That will be about 200 pounds in about 14 months.
After you lose the weight will you have surgery to remove excess skin ???
Arnold For President 2012.2016