Author Topic: Flexonline=Ghost town  (Read 1778 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
Flexonline=Ghost town
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:15:22 AM »
Have anyone noticed (if they are members that is) that hardly anyone posts on flexonline anymore? They *claim* to have 1000's of members, but i think that many of them have long since migrated to other forums.
Maybe it is because you can't talk about anything concerning *bodybuilding practices* such as steroids etc, or you cannot exchange a bit of banter between members without the moderators dishing out warnings or censoring posts. Soon they will give out warnings for spelling mistakes. There can only really be about 10-15 active posters on there, not counting the moderators. Remember mind, it's supposed to represent the pinnicle of bodybuilding? Time to get there act together i think.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Flexonline=Ghost town
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:19:03 AM »
Have anyone noticed (if they are members that is) that hardly anyone posts on flexonline anymore? They *claim* to have 1000's of members, but i think that many of them have long since migrated to other forums.
Maybe it is because you can't talk about anything concerning *bodybuilding practices* such as steroids etc, or you cannot exchange a bit of banter between members without the moderators dishing out warnings or censoring posts. Soon they will give out warnings for spelling mistakes. There can only really be about 10-15 active posters on there, not counting the moderators. Remember mind, it's supposed to represent the pinnicle of bodybuilding? Time to get there act together i think.

No wonder that board dies out, I mean there is not "that" much to talk about Bodybuilding, BB has peek times but when you hit
the lows it becomes depressing.
I hope that board dies eventually.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:20:41 AM »
bodybuilding boards have to be unique to survive.

they have to have the attraction of certain pros, experts, or personalities.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 06:29:06 AM »
You know what is funny though, lately we are beating all sites on a regular basis in term of traffic (except Bodybuilding.com) including Getbig and MD.  If you don't believe me, look it up.  People may not be posting as much but they come and read what we are writting. 
Check often for updates @

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 06:30:24 AM »

Hey, if you're talking about "experts," remember liFtstudios is on there. Any board must be lucky to have an "expert" like him there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 06:30:53 AM »
You know what is funny though, lately we are beating all sites on a regular basis in term of traffic (except Bodybuilding.com) including Getbig and MD.  If you don't believe me, look it up.  People may not be posting as much but they come and read what we are writting. 

that's good.

what's funny is, you have a magazine pushing yours.
Getbig just has word of mouth.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 06:44:23 AM »

How's the webpage chief? have you put the copyright into the webpager or are you still ripping of people
that work for the greater community?

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 06:46:20 AM »
nuff said

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 07:09:34 AM »

Anybody who says "just look it up" regarding web statistics doesn't know what the fuckkk they are talking about because traffic is not something you can simply "look up".  There is no virtually zero public disclosure at all on visitors to websites.

Unless you are referring to Alexa (which is somewhat flawed) but for the curious, Getbig tops the graph for traffic for the last three months with MD, Ironman, Flex in the comparison.  :)

Almost certainly the peak in Flex pageviews can be attributed to their recent increase in videos/contest photos.  As getbig is the only site without a peak around then it seems clear the fact that getbig doesn't generally host much in the way of videos/contest footage has contributed to this.

So I guess Madmax, it isn't your "writting" :)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 07:14:08 AM »
Yeah good point. The whole issue here is that, yes, many people may be visiting flexonline to see news and vids etc, but my issue is that the FORUM is like a ghost town. Nobody can dispute that. It's simple, hardy anyone posts on there anymore and it's as simple as that. Thus, somethings going wrong somewhere with it and i think the reasons that i mentioned in the topic starter pretty much sums it up.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 07:15:58 AM »
Here is more of getbig beating the same sites.  Note the gigantic peak when olympia contest photos are put online.

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 07:16:41 AM »

Like this? ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 07:18:00 AM »
u must be on crack maddie minnie. Noone reads or posts there. Even u post here and are on getbig more than flexonline. Papa weider will take care of u don't worry.

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 07:20:23 AM »
I like Flexonline, as it doesn't have all the negative, haters posting.  They seem select in who they allow to post.  Actually, I enjoy parts of all the big boards. (Getbig, MuscularDevelopment, Bodybuilding.com, Musclemecca). 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 07:22:04 AM »
Anybody who says "just look it up" regarding web statistics doesn't know what the fuckkk they are talking about because traffic is not something you can simply "look up".  There is no virtually zero public disclosure at all on visitors to websites.

Unless you are referring to Alexa (which is somewhat flawed) but for the curious, Getbig tops the graph for traffic for the last three months with MD, Ironman, Flex in the comparison.  :)

Almost certainly the peak in Flex pageviews can be attributed to their recent increase in videos/contest photos.  As getbig is the only site without a peak around then it seems clear the fact that getbig doesn't generally host much in the way of videos/contest footage has contributed to this.

So I guess Madmax, it isn't your "writting" :)

hahah gold :D :D you're the man.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 07:23:38 AM »
I like Flexonline, as it doesn't have all the negative, haters posting.  They seem select in who they allow to post.  Actually, I enjoy parts of all the big boards. (Getbig, MuscularDevelopment, Bodybuilding.com, Musclemecca). 

"They seem select in who they allow to post."

Which is very true, but the problem is they haven't got hardly anyone left! It's a bit like the old saying "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 07:31:04 AM »
rocket seems to have completely debunked everything madmax said.

You know what is funny though, lately we are beating all sites on a regular basis in term of traffic (except Bodybuilding.com) including Getbig and MD.  If you don't believe me, look it up. 

Dave, Alexa.com has data which says otherwise.  Do you feel their data is flawed in some way?

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 07:32:33 AM »
I mean, if any of you have a bit of free time, go on the flexonline board and scan through a few threads. You'll see that hardly any posts have been on there in days (in comparison the other boards).  :-*

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 07:47:22 AM »
rocket seems to have completely debunked everything madmax said.

Dave, Alexa.com has data which says otherwise.  Do you feel their data is flawed in some way?

Well like I say, Alexa isn't the be all and end all but its really one of the very few things that could be considered a public way to verify such a claim.  I couldn't see a "site roundtable" occurring with them all ponying up their numbers so I'm really quite miffed as to how that notion began.  I'm sure Dave is merely reporting what he has been told, though.  I didn't mean to suggest he was a tosser, more the person who made that up. 

There is some logic that as getbig and MD pageviews would likely be mostly board related, with Flexonline being a ghost board it could be construed that their frontpage is getting hit more often but I think thats a stretch and could never be said with certainty.  Could never prove it either way.  I'd be laughing if I were the MD guys.  To have a flex guy post up saying that and it turns out that MD have pretty much dominated the last 3 months (aside from a few weeks recently) must be pretty funny.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
The only reason anyone went there would be because of the videos. Because of Phil Heath mostly. The forum is dead.