Author Topic: Flex Ranks the BEST Arnold Classic showings of all time ...  (Read 45088 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Flex Ranks the BEST Arnold Classic showings of all time ...
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2008, 02:18:48 PM »
Peter McGough Ironage Agust 23, 2007

What was the best Olympia you saw? It's close between 1988 and 1993. So many competitors in great shape in both and so many storylines in both.

Where is 1999? LMFAO no where  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2008, 02:21:37 PM »
ND if Peter feels Ronnie was better in 98 than in 99, please explain why there is NO MENTION OF 1998 in his article about Mr. O wins that advanced the sport.

only 99 is mentioned. and it is LAST in the list.

to date as of 2005 when that article was written, Ronnie Coleman 1999 was the most advanced Mr. O. physique ever seen onstage.

and there is NOTHING you can do to change the written word of that article

you are fucked kid.

Hulkster again playing with words will get you NO WHERE he states in that same article he couldn't choose a best Mr Olympia , so stop trying to act like he did thats another LIE you've attempted to propagate , and he lists the Olympia in chronological order jackass ( learn to read ) and he states specifically he was better in 2001 WHY? because he was harder & drier jackass

you have NOTHING  ;)

What was the best Olympia you saw? It's close between 1988 and 1993. So many competitors in great shape in both and so many storylines in both.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2008, 02:23:24 PM »
LOL ND calls "reading" "playing with words"

LOL

::)

learn to read and understand buddy. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »
ND, you don't seem to understand something:

if you are talking about physiques that 'advanced the sport' and you make a list with times associated with them, the LAST person in the list is tops. No matter who it is. In this case it is Ronnie. (as always he tops most lists much to your anger LOL)

because by definition, it is not possible to advance the sport by going backwards.

it doesn't work that way.

please tell me you can understand this simple fact.

please. hopefully some brain cells in that McBrain of yours work?
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »
LOL ND calls "reading" "playing with words"

LOL

learn to read and understand buddy. :-\

read this dummy  ;)

owned

so much for 1999 LMMFAO again you have nothing for me.  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »
ND, you don't seem to understand something:

if you are talking about physiques that 'advanced the sport' and you make a list with times associated with them, the LAST person in the list is tops.

because by definition, it is not possible to advance the sport by going backwards.

it doesn't work that way.

please tell me you can understand this simple fact.

please. hopefully some brain cells in that McBrain of yours work?

Yeah thats why conditioning has improved from the 1990s LMFAO is that an advancement? guys are looking pregnant is that an advancement? jackass

1993 what what? yeah I thought so , so much for your 1999 lol sucker

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »

FLEX: The recent IFBB advisory states, in part, that distended stomachs-will be penalized

advancement? lol

Flex Magazine October 2004 - Peter McGough’s commentary on the "voodoo" that has now reached ridiculous complexity when it comes to trying to "dry out" bodybuilders so they’re more ripped than any anatomy chart illustration on contest day. He quotes former Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates, who notes that despite the chemistry experiments with insulin and diuretics, "I don’t see the guys getting any harder."

advancement? lmao

my ass  ;) again it shows how little you know about competitive bodybuilding

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »

Where is 1999? LMFAO no where  ;)

He says the best "Olympia" he "saw" was either 1988 or 1993. No where does he say he "saw" the best "physique".

The best Olympia I "saw" on video and pics were either 1972 or 1999 because (I'll borrow a line from Peter, LOL)  "So many competitors in great shape in both and so many storylines in both." The best "physique" I have "seen" was 1999 Coleman.

These are two different things (Olympia & Physique) incase you don't know. It's real simple. So that quote is just useless.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2008, 04:19:49 PM »
ND seems to demonstrate quite clearly that he has absolutely no grasp or understanding of the english language.. :-\

this happens all the time.

:-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
Yeah thats why conditioning has improved from the 1990s LMFAO is that an advancement? guys are looking pregnant is that an advancement? jackass

according to Peter's article (and thousands of fans), to date, this is as advanced of a phyisque as we have yet seen on a Mr. Olympia stage:

you don't like it?

tough shit.

take it up with him then.

Flower Boy Ran Away

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »
Yates still looking young and healthy and banging many fitness chicks at 08ASC  8)

Team Yates

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2008, 05:18:42 PM »

In an issue of FLEX where Peter reviews the Mr. Olympia 1999, he states that Ronnie Colemans physique gave him the same reaction as seeing Sergio Oliva back in the 60's. I'm not sure what the girls name was next to him (I want to say Beth?), but she gasped as Ronnie disrobed. Peters reaction to that was "Thank you (insert name), you made me feel very old."

That same issue, he talked about Ronnie having the best Olympia body.
Sorry ND, I don't think you're right on this issue. :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2008, 05:23:58 PM »
He says the best "Olympia" he "saw" was either 1988 or 1993. No where does he say he "saw" the best "physique".

The best Olympia I "saw" on video and pics were either 1972 or 1999 because (I'll borrow a line from Peter, LOL)  "So many competitors in great shape in both and so many storylines in both." The best "physique" I have "seen" was 1999 Coleman.

These are two different things (Olympia & Physique) incase you don't know. It's real simple. So that quote is just useless.

Yeah the best physique he ever saw was onstage was Ronnie Coleman 2001 ASC NOT 1999 Mr Olympia and he said the best physique he saw off-stage was Dorian 7 weeks out from the 1993 Mr Olympia and what did he say about that physique compared to Ronnie 2001?  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2008, 05:26:24 PM »
ND seems to demonstrate quite clearly that he has absolutely no grasp or understanding of the english language.. :-\

this happens all the time.

Again who besides casual fans is claiming Ronnie 1999 Mr Olympia was better than 2001? NO ONE

Not McGough , Not Perine , Not Schmaltz , because he wasn't as hard or as dry as he was in 2001 thats a fact jack.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: March 05, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »

In an issue of FLEX where Peter reviews the Mr. Olympia 1999, he states that Ronnie Colemans physique gave him the same reaction as seeing Sergio Oliva back in the 60's. I'm not sure what the girls name was next to him (I want to say Beth?), but she gasped as Ronnie disrobed. Peters reaction to that was "Thank you (insert name), you made me feel very old."

That same issue, he talked about Ronnie having the best Olympia body.
Sorry ND, I don't think you're right on this issue. :-\

Peter McGough on the famous Kevin Horton precontest black & whites of Dorian at 269lbs

I was present when those shots were taken and it was the most stunning unveiling of a physique these peepers had seen since my intial view of SERGIO OLIVA at the 1971 NABBA Mr Universe. that day , Dorian's physique blew my - if not his own -socks off.

;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2008, 05:37:02 PM »
according to Peter's article (and thousands of fans), to date, this is as advanced of a phyisque as we have yet seen on a Mr. Olympia stage:

you don't like it?

tough shit.

take it up with him then.

LMFAO advanced NO it wasn't he said he couldn't choose a best Mr Olympia so stop making shit up you're a blatant liar .

On July 4, I found myself in conversation with Lou Ferrigno. No, we weren't talking about Paul Revere and Mad King George; instead, with the 2005 Olympia Weekend looming like a Ronnie Coleman lat spread, the Hulk wanted to know who I thought was the best-ever Mr. Olympia. My response was that it was impossible to choose. All any athlete--in any sport--can do is become the best in his era, and it is futile to try to compare champions from different eras.

Instead of choosing a best-ever Mr. Olympia, maybe all one can do is reflect on 40 years of Olympia history and highlight those instances where the winner advanced the sport on that particular day. With that in mind, I would nominate the following.

My response was that it was impossible to choose.

NO WHERE does he say Ronnie Coleman advanced the sport more than Dorian Yates NO WHERE does it say his physique was better than Dorian Yates in fact he says its impossible to choose a best Mr Olympia

Peter McGough

Given his stunning superiority, the judges saw no need to include him in a muscularity comparison, so Wayne DeMilia called out Yates, Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray just for the audience.

Ronnie 1999 advanced the sport my ass , Dorian Yates was so devastating he didn't even need to be included in the muscularity round , first time in bodybuilding history did that happen in 1999? yeah I thought so  ;)

the guy didn't even need to be included in the muscularity round that unheard of to echo the sentiments of Samir Bannout , Dorian was first , second and third !

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »
LMFAO advanced NO it wasn't he said he couldn't choose a best Mr Olympia so stop making shit up you're a blatant liar .

On July 4, I found myself in conversation with Lou Ferrigno. No, we weren't talking about Paul Revere and Mad King George; instead, with the 2005 Olympia Weekend looming like a Ronnie Coleman lat spread, the Hulk wanted to know who I thought was the best-ever Mr. Olympia. My response was that it was impossible to choose. All any athlete--in any sport--can do is become the best in his era, and it is futile to try to compare champions from different eras.

Instead of choosing a best-ever Mr. Olympia, maybe all one can do is reflect on 40 years of Olympia history and highlight those instances where the winner advanced the sport on that particular day. With that in mind, I would nominate the following.

My response was that it was impossible to choose.

NO WHERE does he say Ronnie Coleman advanced the sport more than Dorian Yates NO WHERE does it say his physique was better than Dorian Yates in fact he says its impossible to choose a best Mr Olympia

Peter McGough

Given his stunning superiority, the judges saw no need to include him in a muscularity comparison, so Wayne DeMilia called out Yates, Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray just for the audience.

Ronnie 1999 advanced the sport my ass , Dorian Yates was so devastating he didn't even need to be included in the muscularity round , first time in bodybuilding history did that happen in 1999? yeah I thought so  ;)

the guy didn't even need to be included in the muscularity round that unheard of to echo the sentiments of Samir Bannout , Dorian was first , second and third !

Great post! Hulkster OWNED hahahahah how many times is that in the past 2 years? 750? LOL

Team Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: March 05, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
Great post! Hulkster OWNED hahahahah how many times is that in the past 2 years? 750? LOL

You hear his latest? Ronnie was A) grainier than Dorian and B) grainer because he had more veins LMFAO it makes it real easy to own him.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2008, 07:14:20 PM »
Dorian Yates was so devastating he didn't even need to be included in the muscularity round , first time in bodybuilding history did that happen in 1999? yeah I thought so 

true. and the sport should be glad that partial and biased judging like we saw in 93 was never allowed to happen again.

who could ever comprehend judges that are supposed to be unbiased not even including a competitor in a round?
lol

thank god it didn't happen in 99.

It would have been a shame to have ronnie's win tainted like dorian's was.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2008, 07:24:50 PM »
I only chime in here from time to time but I still stand my
ground that the 1999 Mr. Olympia showed the best bodybuilding
physique on or off stage. As more people are expossed to his great
combination of size, shape, condition and aesthetics of that year, the
more people realize how great he was in 1999.

The main thing that bothers me about this whole thread is how much
emphasis is put on what one man says; that man being Mr. McGough.
Although very respected and VERY knowledgable about bodybuilding,
he is also personal friends with Dorian and also just one man in a mass of other
bodybuilding experts.

I recently found the 1999 Mr. Olympia report from Musclemag International
and pulled some comments from videos on youtube.
My 2 cents to add to my opinion...

Natural Mr. Olympia - John Hansen

When Ronnie won his first Mr. Olympia contest in 1998, it was one of the most exciting victories in the sport's history. His biceps, back and chest are absolutely incredible and nearly everyone agrees that he owns the Rear Double Biceps pose in this sport. Many people in the sport have also talked about the fact that Ronnie Coleman may be the best Mr. Olympia ever!
Last year, Ronnie was about ten pounds heavier and he was just as ripped as when he won the contest the first time in 1998.

Musclemag International 1999 Mr. Olympia Review By Johnny Fitness

Ronnie was gargantuan, herculean, and every adjective in between.
He was ripped, sharper than last year, and filled with a champions confidence.

Youtube comments after watching a compressed video of Ronnie 1999.
The + signs indicate the number of people taking the time to agree with the comment.
These particular videos have only been posted for 2 months.
1. This year, you can clearly see why he is the best in history of bodybuilding and you can see why he deserved the win.
2. Best shape ever from RON +5
3.this was the best performance by the best bodybuilder ever... if he could have kept this form he could easily have beaten jay cutler the last 2 years. +5
4. 99olympia was Ronnie's best shape in his career. +5
5. that is absolutely aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweso me!Had he maintained his shape and size no one would have defeated him!Never!No one will ever achieve such a physique!This is natural phenomenon! +6
6. boy...ronnie looked perfect during this time.. +6
7. Ronnie is just a freak. I've seen great bbs and their fantastic pose, but Ronnie just freaks all those guys out. +5
8. Holy fucking shit....holy cow. I never seen that kind of mass with such insanely deep cuts in my life. I thought he looked good in 2003....boy was I wrong. Wow....I'm almost speechless but yea...no one will ever look this good again. The combination of dense hard rock full ripped muscle on every inch of his body is just insane. +2
9. There won't ever be any bodybuilder better than Ronnie Coleman in 99 +9
10. The BEST Olympia performance to date!
11. RONNIES BEST  +3
12. Coleman at is Best!! +2
13.Out of all the Olympias Ronnie won he was in his best condition. He still held the mass as well on top of it +2

Bodybuilding comments after being exposed to1999 pictures.

1. In my mind ,thats Ronnies best ever shape. 1999
2. i agree.. that was a great physique alright...
3. the 99 RC is the best physique to ever step onstage
4. 99= Ronnies best ever
5. Thank you! I thought i was the only one who liked the 99' Coleman over the 03' one.
6. I agree with you FLEX 99 he looked the best IMO.
7. That physique is untouchable
8. 99 better than 03, untoucable
9. Ronnie's best ever
10. theres not a soul on this planet that could beat his shape in 99
11. nothings gonna beat his physique from the 1999 O.
12. 99-the best ever ronnie
13. 99 Ronnie Coleman... thge greatest EVER!!! COLEMAN 1999>ANYBODY!!!

the post from the truce thread that ND is too scared and cowardly to comment on...

I thought his owning would be relevant here!
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2008, 01:28:17 AM »
true. and the sport should be glad that partial and biased judging like we saw in 93 was never allowed to happen again.

who could ever comprehend judges that are supposed to be unbiased not even including a competitor in a round?
lol

thank god it didn't happen in 99.

It would have been a shame to have ronnie's win tainted like dorian's was.

excuses , excuses ! advanced the sport in 99 LMMFAO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2008, 01:39:43 AM »
the post from the truce thread that ND is too scared and cowardly to comment on...

I thought his owning would be relevant here!

I did comment another lie you're propagating. again Ronnie Coleman himself said he was better conditioned in 1998 which backs up Mcgough's claim you didn't own shit and never have

I don't post on the truce thread because I fucking won  ;) whats the sense? and how did I win ? right here your hero conceding defeat to Dorian Yates in 1999 LMMFAO the year you claim he advanced the sport and then again in 2007

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldn't see too much else stopping him.

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

your own hero ended the truce thread for me how fucking great is that? so please don't act like you scared me away because nothing could be further than the truth , I answered every single one of your ridiculous comments and posts I've addressed everything you ever typed , I won the truce thread and now like a lost puppy you follow me around looking for revenge , how sad .

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2008, 03:49:12 AM »
excuses , excuses ! advanced the sport in 99 LMMFAO

the fact that you are okay with what happened in 93 speaks volumes about your (lack of) knowledge about the way this sport works..

not calling out a competitor and having them win the round anyway is NOT good judging. no matter what.

its too bad you are not smart enough to see that..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2008, 04:59:20 AM »
Arnold has said that 1993 Arnold Classic Flex Wheeler, is the best physique he has ever seen.

Ronnie is great...love the guy....but this one goes out to Flex on that fateful day 15 years ago......he looked wonderful and what he brought to the stage has never been equalled for purity and class.