Author Topic: Ron Paul: Bernanke Deliberately Destroying Dollar  (Read 583 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Ron Paul: Bernanke Deliberately Destroying Dollar
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »
Ron Paul: Bernanke Deliberately Destroying Dollar

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, February 27th, 2008

Congressman Ron Paul slammed Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke during a House Financial Services Committee meeting today for following a policy of deliberately destroying the dollar and wiping out the American middle class....

http://www.infowars.com/?p=490
S

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Ron Paul: Bernanke Deliberately Destroying Dollar
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:05:32 AM »
I wouldn't say he's deliberately destroying it but more passively abandoning it.  In his testamony a few days ago he basically asserted that maintaining the value of the currency was not his job.   

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:39:58 AM »
I wouldn't say he's deliberately destroying it but more passively abandoning it.  In his testamony a few days ago he basically asserted that maintaining the value of the currency was not his job.   

You mean he's a benchwarmer..... :'(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 09:49:19 AM »

You mean he's a benchwarmer..... :'(

not sure what they means in regards to the currency.

Bernake has said he's more concerned about a slowdown in the economy and preventing inflation (tough to do both since every time he lowers rates there seems to be  corresponding drop in the value of the dollar and a rise in the price of oil).   The lack of an orderly, two-sided credit market is a HUGE problem for our economy.  The Fed has been doing short term loans from the discount window but it hasn't really helped at all.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=ah7l3.7fU.iI