Author Topic: GOP frets over Democratic fundraising  (Read 762 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
GOP frets over Democratic fundraising
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:47:26 PM »
Democrats wiping the floor with Republicans in fundraising: 

"The eight Democrats who were in the presidential race last year raised a combined $253 million in 2007 from individual donors; the nine Republicans raised a combined $207.5 million. Obama's $36 million in January exceeded the amount raised by all six Republican candidates who were still competing in that month."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAMPAIGN_MONEY?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: GOP frets over Democratic fundraising
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:18:57 PM »
Democrats wiping the floor with Republicans in fundraising: 

"The eight Democrats who were in the presidential race last year raised a combined $253 million in 2007 from individual donors; the nine Republicans raised a combined $207.5 million. Obama's $36 million in January exceeded the amount raised by all six Republican candidates who were still competing in that month."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAMPAIGN_MONEY?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Not only that, but the democratic party has done a phenomenal job of getting people out to vote.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:39:33 PM »
Not only that, but the democratic party has done a phenomenal job of getting people out to vote.

They certainly have.  I don't know how it compares to four or eight years ago, but the Democrat numbers have dwarfed Republicans so far. 

Over here, much of the turnout was related to the Obama hype.  People have been drinking the Kool-Aid.   :)  I'm going to have lunch with a very old (literally) Republican next week who is voting for Obama.  He's going to try and convince me to vote for him.  Wish me luck.  I might be a liberal by the end of next week.  :D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »
They certainly have.  I don't know how it compares to four or eight years ago, but the Democrat numbers have dwarfed Republicans so far. 

Over here, much of the turnout was related to the Obama hype.  People have been drinking the Kool-Aid.   :)  I'm going to have lunch with a very old (literally) Republican next week who is voting for Obama.  He's going to try and convince me to vote for him.  Wish me luck.  I might be a liberal by the end of next week.  :D
I think you'll be fine, mang!  There's a ton of old-timers at my gym who normally vote conservative and are drinking Obama's Kool-aid.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 05:07:55 PM »

I think the current White House groups actions  have done that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 11:42:45 PM »
I might be a liberal by the end of next week.  :D

Laugh at you....  You want to be on the winning team no matter what.

Since you think obama will win, you're going to make up an old wise man who steered you to obama.

This way you can bleat and recite the party line of whoever wins.

You must be a blast to watch football games, what with changing jerseys every time the other team takes the lead.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:35:03 AM »
Its pretty easy to raise that kind of money with people sick of the republicans massive goverment spending and debt producing policies.

Definitly the most corrupt 8 yrs in History.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »
Laugh at you....  You want to be on the winning team no matter what.

Since you think obama will win, you're going to make up an old wise man who steered you to obama.

This way you can bleat and recite the party line of whoever wins.

You must be a blast to watch football games, what with changing jerseys every time the other team takes the lead.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 09:37:35 AM »

WH, i'd consider that an understatement.

Ummmm,        Since the "Dawn of civilization"    :D