Author Topic: Fundamentalist Christianity and Gullible Ignorant Politics: Connecting the Dots.  (Read 464 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I have in my time on many such forums observed a rather glaringly obvious correlation between the mindset/species of a person who subscribes to the general fundamentalist take on things with regards to the world and universe and the that of the type of person who thinks (still thinks) we went into Iraq to bring liberation to an oppressed people whom we were bombing and starving them for 10 years prior.

The typical fundamentalist believes that the Bible in literally true: that there was a magical Garden of Eden (for which we have zero evidence), that the first woman was magically created from the rib of the first magic man, that there was a talking snake who is the adversary of their god (a local semitic fertility deity who was later henotheised and still later monotheised); that there was a huge world wide flood (for which we have zero evidence) in which virtually all of life was destroyed by their angry god and that all of humanity in all its genetic variation is the product of couple of people who were stashed away on a giant wooden boat which contained the entire biosphere of earth, dinosaurs included (for which we have no evidence), that rivers magically turned into blood, that the 'Red Sea' parted and that some 600,000 Israelites wandered the deserts of Egypt for 40 years without leaving singe trace of archaeological evidence or even contemporaneous documentary evidence. Later on, the self-proclaimed son of this semitic fertility deity (who is himself of course his own father) incarnates himself into the world as a cosmic, self-resurrecting divine zombie in a loincloth and causes a whole lot of trouble for the Roman authorities (for which we have no evidence) and is killed, via crucifixion and through his own magic powers rezombifies himself (for which we have zero evidence). Later on Christians grow to believe that unless one accepts the divine zombie as Lord and Saviour, one will suffer eternal torment at the hands of the talking snake (remember the Garden of Eden)...and so on...

Clearly these are not enquiring, inquisitive minds and for lack of a better word, those who hold such beliefs can only be labeled as stupid. The pattern here that is to be observed is clear: the greater the lack of evidence, the more true it is.

This same pattern holds true for Iraq. There is zero evidence supporting the 'official story' and yet those who hold such cherished beliefs as mentioned above maintain it to be utterly true, in contrast and contradiction to mountains and mountains of evidence that defy the official version. It kind of reminds you of Young Earth Creationists and their 'battle' against evolutionary fact.

Do you see the pattern? Do you see the correlation? I should hope so. We are not dealing with the brightest and the best here, but rather with muddled and unintelligent minds for whom questioning complex things is simply an insurmountable challenge.

This is why one will never get far with the likes of a Colossus or a Beach Bum.

I hate the State.