Author Topic: DMSO  (Read 8928 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
DMSO
« on: February 29, 2008, 05:37:42 PM »
Never tried this stuff before today and I dont know how I lived without it! I have bad doms today in my triceps so I put just a little bit of DMSO on and within a few minutes it was gone. Even my elbow feels 100% again! Its a 70/30 mix and is odorless. I am aware that you need to be careful with it as it will pull any chemical it comes in contact with through the skin. I put it on after a shower and only on one arm just to test it. My right arm is sore and achey while my left feels brand new (and like it has a mild sunburn).

A couple questions for those who have used it. Is it important to "let it breathe?" Can you cover it with something like saran wrap to keep it from touching your clothes? Any common dangers with this stuff that I am not aware of?

Funny story about its use. My friend put it on one day before going out with his girl for the night. He went to the bathroom with some still on his hands and instead of dinner and a movie, they spent the night holding a cup of ice water on his junk. Ouch! ;D

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: DMSO
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »
LET IT BREATH!
FUCK - NO PLASTIC WRAP!

I've the kind that smells like rotten oysters. if i leave it on too long everything taste like shit! (don't ask how i know what shit taste like....) Don't leave on your kind either for more than your workout takes, this shit ain't icy/hot, wash that shit off.
sept 10th APF

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »
I thought you shouldnt workout with it on, right? You dont want your clothes (clean or not) to touch it either, do you?

Incredible stuff nonetheless!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
DMSO goes best with crushed up finaplix pellets...LOL

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 07:26:38 PM »
DMSO goes best with crushed up finaplix pellets...LOL

Jason

How did that treat you?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:30:21 PM »
How did that treat you?

Was almost 8 years ago, I cant even remember.  LOL  Ive been natural for a long time.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »
Was almost 8 years ago, I cant even remember.  LOL  Ive been natural for a long time.

Jason

Can you go back to being natural? Once you use you are no longer a natty, right?

Not hating, just debating. Still use DMSO? Great for muscle soreness!!!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
Can you go back to being natural? Once you use you are no longer a natty, right?

Not hating, just debating. Still use DMSO? Great for muscle soreness!!!

Well, IMHO, 8 years with nothing is natural. You wont ever hear me claim "lifetime" natural status either. Hell, I think that even the nazi natty bb feds only require 5 years of drug free time.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 08:29:40 PM »
5 Years is the same amount of time that a Fire Dept requires you to have been clean before applying.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »
LET IT BREATH!
FUCK - NO PLASTIC WRAP!

I've the kind that smells like rotten oysters. if i leave it on too long everything taste like shit! (don't ask how i know what shit taste like....) Don't leave on your kind either for more than your workout takes, this shit ain't icy/hot, wash that shit off.

If you are putting DMSO gell on thick enough to have to wash it off, you are putting it on too thick.   If you are using gel, all you have to do is rub it in thoroughly over the affected area.  The liquid you just rub in until its absorbed.   I personally use it for my knees and elbows---its been a godsend for achy knees. 

DMSO is one of those "nondrug" drugs used quite a bit in horses and other performance animals---its not tested for, while NSAIDS are.   The distinct odor makes it pretty easy to tell what has or hasn't had it----that smell by the way is a product of the sulfur component of the DMSO.  The degree of smell will vary a bit from product to product---but the 99% pure industrial grade solvent----the most potent--is pretty distinct.  If it doesn't smell, its old DMSO that has broken down and is worthless. 

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »
i've had this bottle for two years, someone else had it for a year (unopened) it still smells like rotten oysters on a summer day at the beach with no breeze. (creative writing class in college)

CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT!
sept 10th APF

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 06:45:23 AM »
If you are putting DMSO gell on thick enough to have to wash it off, you are putting it on too thick.   If you are using gel, all you have to do is rub it in thoroughly over the affected area.  The liquid you just rub in until its absorbed.   I personally use it for my knees and elbows---its been a godsend for achy knees. 

DMSO is one of those "nondrug" drugs used quite a bit in horses and other performance animals---its not tested for, while NSAIDS are.   The distinct odor makes it pretty easy to tell what has or hasn't had it----that smell by the way is a product of the sulfur component of the DMSO.  The degree of smell will vary a bit from product to product---but the 99% pure industrial grade solvent----the most potent--is pretty distinct.  If it doesn't smell, its old DMSO that has broken down and is worthless. 

Thanks! This DMSO is brand new and advertised as unscented. It has very little smell, kinda like hair gel. Heres the thing though, my breath REAKS a couple hours after using it and wont go away for several hours. The stuff works beautifully and I wish I could use it more often. The smell even released through my pores eventually! I cant be using that stuff on a regular basis if its gonna do all that, haha. Oh and it is 99.9 percent pure DMSO in a 70/30 gel mix incase you were wondering.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »
i've had this bottle for two years, someone else had it for a year (unopened) it still smells like rotten oysters on a summer day at the beach with no breeze. (creative writing class in college)

CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT!

LOL.  Looks like you learned alot in that class.  ;D

If its been sealed, its probably good yet.  If you look at the bottles, there is no expiration date on DMSO.  Thats because DMSO isn't a drug in the US like it is in Canada and Europe, its an industrial solvent.  There is no requirement to put an arbitrary expiration date on it like there are on some other drugs (or a legitimate loss of potency date).  The key with DMSO is to keep it pure (ie it will break down faster if you mix it with something) and to avoid exposure to room air.  If 99% pure DMSO is allowed to contact room air (or if you shake a bottle prior to using it) it will quickly self-dilute to a concentration of 66-67% within a relatively short period of time.  From there breakdown is more gradual until eventually it becomes more water than DMSO. 

Also, be careful when trying to dilute DMSO with water by directly mixing the DMSO and H2O.  I melted an IV bag by miscalculating what I was mixing together----the DMSO, water mixture will give of appreciable heat at certian concentrations. 

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 10:40:01 AM »
Yeah it felt like a pretty good sunburn on my back. Arm wasnt as bad. If it isnt 100% anymore I cant imagine how effective it would be if it were. There is NO WAY to combat that DMSO breath though!

Got any poems about heavy squats and the squirts, Nash?