Author Topic: Office Space 2  (Read 1039 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Office Space 2
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »
New management technique.  Might have to try this.   :D

Report: Employee Lawsuit Alleges Company Used Waterboarding to Motivate Workers
Friday, February 29, 2008

A supervisor at a motivational coaching business in Utah allegedly used waterboarding on a member of his sales team to motivate staff, according to a lawsuit filed by an employee, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Chad Hudgens, a former salesman for Prosper, Inc., in Provo, Utah, alleges his manager, Joshua Christopherson, asked him to lie on a hill before he poured water from a gallon jug into Hudgens' mouth and nostrils as other sales staff held him down, the paper reports.

"At the conclusion of his abusive demonstration, Christopherson told the team that he wanted them to work as hard on making sales as Chad had worked to breathe while he was being waterboarded," the paper said the suit alleges. The lawsuit was filed in January.

Company President Dave Ellis told the Salt Lake Tribune that the allegations were "sensationalized" and uncorroborated by co-workers regarding the May incident.

"They just roll their eyes and say, 'This is ridiculous. ... That's not how it went down,'" Ellis told the paper.

Hudgens' suit claims the manager "intentionally engaged in physically and emotionally abusive conduct" to punish workers who did not meet company performance goals, the paper said.

Click here to read the full story at the Salt Lake Tribune.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333877,00.html

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Mitt Romney's Mormon associates are practicing their Bush/Republican tactics at home and the office now.......good lord. :-\

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
I'd encourage waterboarding in the private sector!  ;D
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Office Space 2
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:43:39 AM »
I thought they covered it all in Office Space, but apparently there is no limit to the antics of management.

Employee's suit: Company used waterboarding to motivate workers

A supervisor at a motivational coaching business in Provo is accused of waterboarding an employee in front of his sales team to demonstrate that they should work as hard on sales as the employee had worked to breathe.
    In a lawsuit filed last month, former Prosper, Inc. salesman Chad Hudgens alleges his managers also allowed the supervisor to draw mustaches on employees' faces, take away their chairs and beat on their desks with a wooden paddle "because it resulted in increased revenues for the company."
    Prosper president Dave Ellis responded that the allegations amount to "sensationalized" versions of events that have gone uncorroborated by Hudgens' former coworkers.
    "They just roll their eyes and say, 'This is ridiculous . . . That's not how it went down,' " Ellis said.
    The suit claims that Hudgens' team leader, Joshua Christopherson, asked for volunteers in May for "a new motivational exercise," which he did not describe. Hudgens, who was 26 at the time, volunteered in order to "prove his loyalty and determination," the suit claims.

cont... http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8385103

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Office Space 2
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »
I thought they covered it all in Office Space, but apparently there is no limit to the antics of management.

Employee's suit: Company used waterboarding to motivate workers

A supervisor at a motivational coaching business in Provo is accused of waterboarding an employee in front of his sales team to demonstrate that they should work as hard on sales as the employee had worked to breathe.
    In a lawsuit filed last month, former Prosper, Inc. salesman Chad Hudgens alleges his managers also allowed the supervisor to draw mustaches on employees' faces, take away their chairs and beat on their desks with a wooden paddle "because it resulted in increased revenues for the company."
    Prosper president Dave Ellis responded that the allegations amount to "sensationalized" versions of events that have gone uncorroborated by Hudgens' former coworkers.
    "They just roll their eyes and say, 'This is ridiculous . . . That's not how it went down,' " Ellis said.
    The suit claims that Hudgens' team leader, Joshua Christopherson, asked for volunteers in May for "a new motivational exercise," which he did not describe. Hudgens, who was 26 at the time, volunteered in order to "prove his loyalty and determination," the suit claims.

cont... http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8385103

The only thing worse than the empty suit known as a marketing professional is the empty suit known as a salesman.  Motivational assholes in charge of a "team".  Isn't it bad enough that we the people show up to do this bullshit work without having to endure some braindead sales executive playing his little games contrived by his little mind.

There is no dignity left in our rank and file business world. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »
The only thing worse than the empty suit known as a marketing professional is the empty suit known as a salesman.  Motivational assholes in charge of a "team".  Isn't it bad enough that we the people show up to do this bullshit work without having to endure some braindead sales executive playing his little games contrived by his little mind.

exactly...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »

No overstatement there . . . .

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
No overstatement there . . . .
When Jesus Christ descends from Heaven, I want him holding a Coke!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 11:02:51 AM »
When Jesus Christ descends from Heaven, I want him holding a Coke!

Nah.  Bottled water.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
Judge Dismisses Waterboarding-as-Worker-Motivation Lawsuit
Tuesday, August 05, 2008

PROVO, Utah —  A judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a man who claimed his former employer used the torture technique "waterboarding" as a motivational exercise.

Chad Hudgens says he volunteered for the exercise at the Provo-based Prosper Inc., not knowing he would be held down while supervisor Joshua Christopherson poured water on his mouth and nose. Hudgens says Christopherson compared the struggle to the effort he wanted from the sales force.

In a written ruling, 4th District Judge Gary Stott said the case should be addresses by the state's Worker's Compensation Act, not by the courts.

Stott also said Hudgens didn't prove a deliberate injury, nor that the emotional distress Hudgens claimed led him to resigned constituted a wrongful termination.

Hudgens' attorney, Sean Egan, says he'll refile the case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398263,00.html