Author Topic: Give the Show To Dexter  (Read 947 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Give the Show To Dexter
« on: March 01, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
Here's my take on it.  Phil Heath still looked nothing today like he did winning the Colorado Pro.  Actually I'd say Phil looked better at the Ironman than he did here this morning.  Dexter must've trained his ass off for this one because it shows...he is the veteran Arnold Classic champion and he is apparently not ready to relinquish that title just yet.  Just as Dorian kept his grasp on the Sandow for about 4 years longer than anyone ever figured he could have, Dexter has his grip tight on this one still.  He's not about to let this new guy come in and take his spot.  Dexter's not only the king of Jacksonville, he's the king of the Arnold and I'm pretty sure he has that identity deeply set in his subconscious by now.  He lets alot of shows go just to sit on top of that Arnold throne...it's his moneymaker and it'll be the one that defines his legacy.  

Kai Green put on some new size apparently but he's nowhere near as sharp as he was for his last string of competitive outings.  Plus winning $130,000 here today would probably make a guy used to his current standard of living lose his fucking mind.   

Props to Branch for perhaps a career showing but his physique should never win an Olympia or Arnold.   

This contest is a prime example of how you are not only judged on your current achievements but on your past performances as well.  There are always two comparisons made...one between you and the other people on stage, and you against whatever else the judges remember about you from the past. 

If this were the first time we had seen Phil and Dexter, you could probably make an argument as to Phil's winning the show. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Give the Show To Dexter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
Dexter has looked the same the last 3 years. 
I say give it to Phil or Kai they look better.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 03:24:26 PM »
Phil Heath still needs to learn some humility as well. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »
Phil Heath still needs to learn some humility as well. 

Oh, shut it. This is america. 

Go sell crazy in the Sudan.

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 03:27:35 PM »
Why give it to him. he needs to earn it.  Tonight he didn't.  Branch bought a great package to the stage. So, did Kai and Phil Heath.  Phil should win.  Then, Branch in second.  Melvin is off...too soft.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 03:29:39 PM »
I'm also looking forward to seeing Melvin keep playing the "Kanye angle."  Basically the formula works like this.  Melvin implies to everyone that if he doesn't get placed well, the show, or the judges judging the show, is/are shit.  And based on however cool the people responsible for his placing feel his opinion is, they may or may not be swayed by his words.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 03:33:34 PM »
Why give it to him. he needs to earn it.  Tonight he didn't.  Branch bought a great package to the stage. So, did Kai and Phil Heath.  Phil should win.  Then, Branch in second.  Melvin is off...too soft.

No Phil Heath needs to earn it.  As a newcomer, you don't win an Arnold without a career-defining performance.  Everybody that's ever won an Arnold has been near their prime...people tend to peak on a lifelong scale winning the Arnold.  The best pros won the Arnold in their best shape ever...better than their Olympia shapes nearly always.  Levrone, Wheeler, Mike Christian, Nasser, Mike Francois, and Coleman all come to mind.  Phil Heath could have won the Arnold this year with his current level of size but with his conditioning from his Colorado Pro win.  That's what I was waiting to see. 

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
Now, I've gotta run back out, but I'll say it myself.  "This thread is useless without pics."  So if you guys think you've got pictures indicating anything to the contrary of anything I've just said, let's see 'em.  In the meantime here's a great comparison.  Getbig legend (and one of Getbig's 5 funniest of all time posters) Kiwiol, and Britney Spear's pap boyfriend Adnan Ghalib.   ;D