Author Topic: Nasser dissed at the ASC!  (Read 21130 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Nasser dissed at ASC!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
Actually, no, Nasser was not dissed!  Nasser dissed the ASC promoters by not attending when he was expected to.  Nasser couldn't give a rats ass to go there and get recognition onstage as a past winner, so why would he give a crap if his name is announced or not?  ::)

The reason Nasser didn't go was he disapproved of the manner in which the promoters invited athletes - they didn't give formal invitations but simply spread by word of mouth that all past winners are expected to be onstage.  They also expected all winners to pay for their own expenses, book their own flights/hotel, etc.  Very unorganized and cheap on the part of the promoters.  Just one of the many differences between bodybuilding and other sports.

Bullshit, Lorimer sent first class tickets to Mike francois and his wife a month ago.

Your boy just got dissed in the worst way.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
Nasser got a free flight to Columbus, from the interview remember?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »
Bullshit, Lorimer sent first class tickets to Mike francois and his wife a month ago.

A few people within the industry did offer to buy his ticket, but he declined because overall he was unimpressed that the promoters should have officially invited everyone, told them where they will be staying, when to go onstage, etc.  It was very unorganized and Nasser wasn't going to have that.

And sure, if not having your name announced at a show that you don't even care enough to spend $300 to attend is getting "dissed" then so be it  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 07:45:58 PM »

Mike Francois lives in Columbus.   Were these first-class taxi tickets or something?
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2008, 07:46:35 PM »
Mike Francois lives in Columbus.   Were these first-class taxi tickets or something?

hahaha, Calmus = PWNED

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 07:46:46 PM »

HEY DUMB ASS MIKE FRANCOIS AND HIS WIFE LIVE IN COLUMBUS OHIO.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2008, 07:47:10 PM »
Awe poor little millionaire Gut'sser.  He was advised not to show.
maybe he needs a better pimp

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »

Really?

I did not know that.
Ron: "I am lazy."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2008, 07:49:30 PM »

IN HIS 3 WORLD COUNTRY IT'S A BIG DEAL TO RIDE IN A CAR.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
Nasser must be sulking.  Poor poor poor ogre.  Nobody wanted him at the ASC.  hahahahahahahahahaha! ha!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »

All right, so the bodybuilding fanboi gene isn't strong in me..... 

But, hey, major props to you for knowing this.  8)  ::)

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 07:54:33 PM »
This was a once in a lifetime chance to be with the greatest and bodybuilding made Nasser el Arafat, and he let it all slip away like his future. I imagine he is taking out his frustration on Big Bobs. Bobs wont walk straight for days.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »

ALL RIGHT, YOU WIN. 

CALL BAYGBM TO COLLECT YOUR PRIZE.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
Actually, no, Nasser was not dissed!  Nasser dissed the ASC promoters by not attending when he was expected to.  Nasser couldn't give a rats ass to go there and get recognition onstage as a past winner, so why would he give a crap if his name is announced or not?  ::)

The reason Nasser didn't go was he disapproved of the manner in which the promoters invited athletes - they didn't give formal invitations but simply spread by word of mouth that all past winners are expected to be onstage.  They also expected all winners to pay for their own expenses, book their own flights/hotel, etc.  Very unorganized and cheap on the part of the promoters.  Just one of the many differences between bodybuilding and other sports.

You mean with the millions that you claim Nasser has in property and in the bank, he couldn't afford to fly there himself? Guys like Mike Ashley and Vince Taylor, not exactly the Kings of their day as you think Nasser was/is, paid their own way and Nasser with supposedly millions in the bank cannot cough it up?
Lame. ::)

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »
This was a once in a lifetime chance to be with the greatest and bodybuilding made Nasser el Arafat, and he let it all slip away like his future. I imagine he is taking out his frustration on Big Bobs. Bobs wont walk straight for days.

....on a good note, Nasser has a little dick.   

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »
You mean with the millions that you claim Nasser has in property and in the bank, he couldn't afford to fly there himself? Guys like Mike Ashley and Vince Taylor, not exactly the Kings of their day as you think Nasser was/is, paid their own way and Nasser with supposedly millions in the bank cannot cough it up?

Babs + Nasser = OWNED!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008, 08:03:57 PM »
I think Mike Francois lives in Colombus???

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »

Did you even read my posts?  It would only cost Nasser about $300 in airfare and a few hundred more in other expenses total, which is peanuts, and even still there were a few people within the industry that offered to personally cover Nasser'e expenses, so obviously money was not the issue, it's a matter of principle that the promoters should be formally inviting and covering those expenses.  Not only expenses, but the time it takes to try to book a hotel in Columbus near the show (which has to be done well in advance), not being summoned before the show as to when you will be going onstage, where to go, etc.  Like I said, it was unorganized, and not thoughtful to the athletes unlike would be the case in other sports. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »
All right, so the bodybuilding fanboi gene isn't strong in me..... 

But, hey, major props to you for knowing this.  8)  ::)

Point is you blatantly made shit up/lied, which makes you a tool.  Hope this helps.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »
Did you even read my posts?  It would only cost Nasser about $300 in airfare and a few hundred more in other expenses total, which is peanuts, and even still there were a few people within the industry that offered to personally cover Nasser'e expenses, so obviously money was not the issue, it's a matter of principle that the promoters should be formally inviting and covering those expenses.  Not only expenses, but the time it takes to try to book a hotel in Columbus near the show (which has to be done well in advance), not being summoned before the show as to when you will be going onstage, where to go, etc.  Like I said, it was unorganized, and not thoughtful to the athletes unlike would be the case in other sports. 

Money is not the issue on this matter, because Nasser got a free flight to Ohio.  As far as expenses go, Nasser the business/author tycoon that he is, could easily expense his visit to Ohio.  He was advised not to show, plain and simple.

Diesel47

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • That way you learn!
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 08:19:27 PM »
News Flash
Mike Francois lives in Colombus ;D ;D ;D

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
Point is you blatantly made shit up/lied, which makes you a tool.  Hope this helps.

And Babs, you're a useless tool.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008, 08:30:47 PM »

I certainly read your post. But did you read mine? ::)

I guess you and Nasser expect the world on a plate or something?!?! Nasser won ONE Arnold Classic. That's it, count it with one hand even though you're missing 3 fingers and a thumb. ONE contest and he cannot pay for his own trip there?
Compare Nasser's one win, with Gaspari's single win, Ashley's win, Taylor's win, or the multiple wins of Cutler, Flex, Levrone.....

Yet they were all on stage.

So why should every person bow to Nasser like he's some God amongst mortals because he won one contest and he didn't like the way it was casually spread word of mouth that he should have been on stage. That's unprofessional in and of itself!

I don't know what you are smoking BigBobs, or how much you're getting paid per letter to defend Nasser, but many of the rebuttals you come up with and the fact that you reply to 2/3rd's of the posts on here regarding Nasser....time to wake up. :-\

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
I certainly read your post. But did you read mine? ::)

I guess you and Nasser expect the world on a plate or something?!?! Nasser won ONE Arnold Classic. That's it, count it with one hand even though you're missing 3 fingers and a thumb. ONE contest and he cannot pay for his own trip there?
Compare Nasser's one win, with Gaspari's single win, Ashley's win, Taylor's win, or the multiple wins of Cutler, Flex, Levrone.....

Yet they were all on stage.

So why should every person bow to Nasser like he's some God amongst mortals because he won one contest and he didn't like the way it was casually spread word of mouth that he should have been on stage. That's unprofessional in and of itself!

I don't know what you are smoking BigBobs, or how much you're getting paid per letter to defend Nasser, but many of the rebuttals you come up with and the fact that you reply to 2/3rd's of the posts on here regarding Nasser....time to wake up. :-\

Yes, I did read your post, and based on it's content I questioned whether you read mine  :D

Nasser doesn't expect to be treated exceptionally.  If that were the case he would have made a huge fuss or discussed in an interview online or made a post here as to how he's really disappointed at the AC for not giving him a better invitation.  However, he did none of those.  He chose to show his disapproval by not attending, and remained silent about his reasons - he told a few friends like myself only because I asked him why he wasn't going.  Otherwise, it's you guys who are making a big deal out of it by starting a thread and making posts questioning and contemplating why he didn't attend.  It wasn't a big deal to Nasser, so why is it to you guys!

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »
Yes, I did read your post, and based on it's content I questioned whether you read mine  :D

Nasser doesn't expect to be treated exceptionally.  If that were the case he would have made a huge fuss or discussed in an interview online or made a post here as to how he's really disappointed at the AC for not giving him a better invitation.  However, he did none of those.  He chose to show his disapproval by not attending, and remained silent about his reasons - he told a few friends like myself only because I asked him why he wasn't going.  Otherwise, it's you guys who are making a big deal out of it by starting a thread and making posts questioning and contemplating why he didn't attend.  It wasn't a big deal to Nasser, so why is it to you guys!

Babs
Nasser does not post here, you're his QC.  Nasser was advised not to show by IFBB committee.